Red Alert 2:YR AI improvement mod (Update!! 1.21.06.22) Compatible with CNC client now

TK3600

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 9:42 PM, wombat1501 said:

Can you use this mod with YR Apocalypse mod?   Thanks

They are not compatible because we both use the same RulesMD.ini. You can try to put aimd.ini into it which the AI will use normal unit more effectively, but it will not make use of new units added. And AI will only be half as good as its full potential.

@FReQuEnZy Priority do not matter, only weights in AI Trigger affect team pick rate. Do make sure AI has enough money though, fleet cost quite a lot to be effective.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:36 AM, Kikematamitos said:

That no damage to friend terrorist is nt to much? at least increase the cost of that bitches or gone a be an epic dog sacrifice and PETA gone a fuck cncnet! 

Have you tested it yet? To me they appeared to be pretty bad because a few deployed GI, sentry gun or flak truck can dispose of them easily. 

Edited by TK3600

Update! This is possibly my last update. I stopped working on this for a while, but there were left over changes I did not publish. I finished them up now. Better late than never I guess. ?

1. The mod is compatible with CNCnet client now. spawner.xdp file is responsible for it. Please back up original file so you can delete it so the mod is not detected as a cheat online.

2. V3 rocket is no longer 2 shot by rocketeer and Gatling canon. The previous speed buff was restored to default.

3. Fixed AI base defense units ignore enemy out of range.

4. Tanya threat level was too low due to a bug, fixed.

5. Korean AI can now counter grand cannon with black hawk just like other allied AI use harrier.

6. AI fill up tank bunker faster with tanks.

7. AI Apocalypse tank no longer shoot his own wall.

8. Soviet AI medium sends larger attack wave once fully set up.

9. Nerfed mastermind rate of fire. It used to fire 2x faster than GI, now they are same speed.

10. AI prioritize special threat target more, like engineers and Tanya.

11. Fixed AI using empty battle fortress.

12. AI now air strike war factory!

13. Soviet builds more flank truck if they detect enemy has too much rocketeers.

14. Apocalypse tank vision range buffed to 8 from 5, AA missiles speed slightly increased. Reason being slow missile made Apocalypse tank chase target across the map because some planes are almost as fast as the missiles.

15. AI will build more garrison infantry if it detects neutral concrete bunkers on the map.

16. Tesla tank cost reduced to 1100 from 1200, to make it a little useful.

17. Libya AI now use demo truck to target oil dericks.

18. Fixed easy AI not using air strike.

19. Reverted tesla trooper rate of fire buff. It was a little OP on top of range buff.

20. Dog and terror drone will automatically target enemy if they get too close.

21. Less predictable AI chronosphere attack.

22. Crazy Ivan bomb radius buffed to match visual.

23. Fixed tank destroyer standing still.

24. Reduced cost of tesla coil, prism tower, psychic tower cost from 1500 to 1400.

25. AI UK will use sniper more if enemy has desolator.

26. AI Germany no longer use prism tank before getting battle lab.

27. Tank destroyer deal less damage normally on infantry but do enough damage after elite.

28. Soviet builds Rhino more aggressively.

Edited by TK3600

1 hour ago, TK3600 said:

They are not compatible because we both use the same RulesMD.ini. You can try to put aimd.ini into it which the AI will use normal unit more effectively, but it will not make use of new units added. And AI will only be half as good as its full potential.

@FReQuEnZy Priority do not matter, only weights in AI Trigger affect team pick rate. Do make sure AI has enough money though, fleet cost quite a lot to be effective.

Have you tested it yet? To me they appeared to be pretty bad because a few deployed GI, sentry gun or flak truck can dispose of them easily. 

Dude, dude, come one? nobody use them like that, we use flak tracks and the dogs was just a joke. 

1 hour ago, Kikematamitos said:

Dude, dude, come one? nobody use them like that, we use flak tracks and the dogs was just a joke. 

So it was just a joke after all. I think Cuba is still the worst country even after my buffs. But at least they are not worthless anymore. What do you think of the mod?

Edited by TK3600

I think is good idea because: 

posted image

But i thin Germany still the worst, i don't know how good you are for play the game but @FReQuEnZy make some maps whit a pro modification that balance the factions and he is a good player so he know what he is doing, i see many mods that looks like was made by noobs that don't know how to deal some situations playing vs an AI, but is good idea to balance the game and make some useless factions like Russia and Germany better. 

17 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

I think is good idea because: 

posted image

But i thin Germany still the worst, i don't know how good you are for play the game but @FReQuEnZy make some maps whit a pro modification that balance the factions and he is a good player so he know what he is doing, i see many mods that looks like was made by noobs that don't know how to deal some situations playing vs an AI, but is good idea to balance the game and make some useless factions like Russia and Germany better. 

For Germany I buffed TD's range from 5 to 6.5. Rhino is 5.75 for reference. I think I have buffed them to the point pure TD is superior to pure Rhino. TD have many other weaknesses but they are able to kill Rhino at least.

• 3 weeks later...

@TK3600

This looks phenomenal! Excellent work good sir! I have tried different variations of advance AI in the past but never found one I really liked.

All of the buffs you have applied to some of the useless units are in good taste. The wife thought she struggled with DEFAULT brutal enemies... I will be lucky to keep her alive now.

I do not see your mod on moddb either. You should upload there as well. More people need to know about this version of advanced AI.

Excited to see how well they navigate through my personal maze type maps. AI being able to capture the hospital and machine shop is going to be a game changer. Cause as you already know, those stack and will make things much more interesting.

How can I add this mod to a specific map?

I know you can add it to the main folder, but you'll have to start the game using the old .exe files for it to work. I'd like to be able to add it to specific maps so that I can start up the CnCNet Launcher the nomal way and be able to use the 4k/ultraHD update (which will not work when running the game using the old .exe files).

Is there a way to add this to specific maps?

*EDIT - I copy pasted the contents of both files aimd.ini and rulesmd.ini ('stable' release) into the maps that I wanted to play and it works... up until the AI uses a superweapon, which then crashes the game. It does this all the time, except for the iron curtain. Has anybody else had this problem or is it just me?

Edited by fir3w0rx

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 2:22 PM, CausticBURN said:

@TK3600

This looks phenomenal! Excellent work good sir! I have tried different variations of advance AI in the past but never found one I really liked.

All of the buffs you have applied to some of the useless units are in good taste. The wife thought she struggled with DEFAULT brutal enemies... I will be lucky to keep her alive now.

I do not see your mod on moddb either. You should upload there as well. More people need to know about this version of advanced AI.

Excited to see how well they navigate through my personal maze type maps. AI being able to capture the hospital and machine shop is going to be a game changer. Cause as you already know, those stack and will make things much more interesting.

Moddb requires screenshots. I have trouble taking screenshots in full screen and it wont run in windowed for some reason. If you can take a few good ones that would be really helpful. Russian rhino swarms for one looks pretty cool.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:53 PM, a1nthony said:

So can somebody just copy the ai.ini or whatever into the cnc net client as an update for extreme ai? I’m sure even if all the unit changes aren’t out in, the ai would be 100x better then what we have now

Interesting you mentioned that. I messaged one of the mod and we got it going. But he became silent after a while. But yes, you can do it for yourself.

Edited by TK3600

Patch note time. If you downloaded latest version, don't worry because I forgot to put patch note last time.

1. AI now use a "pool unit", meaning they don't build tanks team from scratch. They have a large team of tank patrolling base and will be recruited into teams. This means AI are less likely to have empty base with no tanks after an attack.

2. AA guns now cost 900. Even for base defense AA tanks are almost always better. I thought maybe a slight price reduction would make them more viable.

3. AI Allied faction no longer build service depot. Instead they use repair IFV which is cheaper to use. Also service depot can mess with AI make tanks stuck in a loop.

4. New Soviet script for harassing allied players specifically.

5. Hard Kirov attack split into 2 teams, making flaks harder to take down the entire team with splash damage.

6. Hard Kirov attack now may retaliate against AA units. I thought a lot about this. Player can kit the kirov indefinitely so initially I made Kirov not chase AA tanks. Now I split the kirov team one team pressure player to micro the tanks while other bomb the base!

7. Another fix on empty battle fortress problem.

8. Soviet now build a team of terror drone to counter prism tanks.

9. AI builds more miners especially early game. Huge economy boost!

10. AI maintain 3 miner per refinery instead of 2, large difference in economy!

11. Reworked siege chopper build logic.

12. Reworked Soviet tank build logic to react in different stage of game.

13. Missiles are now immune to radiation so they dont explode before the launch killing the launcher (like V3, dreadnaught).

14. Allied and Yuri now build the 3rd factory like Soviet, now that I fixed them build advanced tanks too early.

15. Germany respond with extra tank destroyers if you have too much rhino tanks. Now Germany is tough!

16. Allied build tanks more aggressively after getting battle lab.

17. Desolator no longer target miners (0 damage to them)

18. Hard AI Allied will harass you more, less campy!

19. AI France may build 3rd grand cannon!

20. Fixed tanks stuck trying to crash rocketeer as if they can.

21. Improved Yuri base defense.

22. Fixed Korea not building tanks.

23. Soviet build sea scorpion to counter dolphins

24. Allied build dolphins to counter squids.

25. Further reduced mastermind's rate of fire slightly. Hopefully Yuri is less hard counter of Soviet. 

26. Hard Soviet may combo Kirov along with naval attack.

27. Tank destroyer may acquire target on the move, reduce its awkwardness.

28. TD can kill terror drone better.

29. TD can deal now do some damage to structure. Not much, but enough to not ignore. For reference, it used to be 1%, now 7% vs building. Normal tank do 45%-65%.

30. Improved AI demo truck usage. 

I suggest you do some changelog and hide it in the OP. its for you before anyone else. I personal enjoy scrolling through my changelogs time and time again x)

anyway, I came here to tell somethings about AI that should be edited, but i can see from the OP that you did exactly what I was thinking of asking LOL (that V3 launcher shouldnt stay in middle of my base)

On 6/23/2018 at 11:09 PM, TK3600 said:

Patch note time. If you downloaded latest version, don't worry because I forgot to put patch note last time.

5. Hard Kirov attack split into 2 teams, making flaks harder to take down the entire team with splash damage.

6. Hard Kirov attack now may retaliate against AA units. I thought a lot about this. Player can kit the kirov indefinitely so initially I made Kirov not chase AA tanks. Now I split the kirov team one team pressure player to micro the tanks while other bomb the base!

11 AI builds more miners especially early game. Huge economy boost!

Hello,

5.) I think they should be 3 teams better than 2. each team is 2 kirovs and total attack force is 6 kirovs. why not?  

I think 6.) should be changed: kirov should attack base from 3 sides (2,2,2) while at the same time he attack with tanks. the tanks will force the flaks to be microed. ummmmm, still if the player is good he can protect flaks with some rinos, so maybe im wrong. but I think you should re-consider this bit anyway. 

maybe you can also split the attack force, one on the MCV, one on the factory, and one on the base defenses (towers etc or power)

On 6/23/2018 at 11:09 PM, TK3600 said:

30. Improved AI demo truck usage. 

NO

I will have to ban libya then :(

I plan so surprise your AI with kirov attack from the ocean. I think you should make your AI send his scorpions to hunt my kirovs. WAIT! I have typhone attack subs. but you still can make scorpion/patriot boats guard the shore  

Edit: should I replay the campaign now? does it work there?

Edited by MapDesigner

On 1/19/2018 at 5:10 AM, TK3600 said:

Do you know how to make AI do naval transport invasion?

Same as with any transports, unless you do it per map and script it using waypoints...

How is this compatible with the client now?

Edited by FReQuEnZy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, so I tried the new AI and here is the feedback:

1. this AI for some reason control my units. I can never stop hornet airplanes or dreadnoughts from kill my units. for dreadnought I can still attack, but with AirCraftCarrier, I cant even strike. Hornet planes are always dead and I cant do shit... I cant even stop them from attacking...
  2. but on the good side, this AI give me the ability to auto repair my buildngs xD
  3. AI  sometimes only use 2 dreadnoughts, and leave the third one standng but  never attacking. sometimes the AI only has 2 dreadnoughts and still not use one of them: it will be standing and doing nothing.
  4. dolphins never try to rescue destroyer or other ships from giant squids.
  5. amphibious transport deploy troops in wrong islands: he will go to his ally base instead of my base LOL.
  6. sometimes amphibious transport go to correct island but still not deploy troops correctly; instead, it will keep circulating around some of my tech buildings. My guess is that the AI want to deploy troops in the position of this tech airport but cant go there unliss I destroy the building.
  7. AI does not capture all neutral buildings. in some maps, there is nuclear reactor near every base and the AI still not capture it. I noticed the AI do capture neotral construction yard, but he will never use it to develop new technology. the AI will only use it to build his buildings. for example, there is an allied construction yard in one map, and the AI do capture it, but if he was soviet, he will never build allied barracks/tanks/spies/etc
  8. sometimes, the AI does not even capture tech airport. My guess is that the AI only capture airport if there is oil derrick in the map, but I cant be 100% sure.
  9. the AI sometimes try to attack my base with typhone submarines. Well, they cant attack ground xD
  10. I have seen allied AI stuck before building warfactory; the AI built so many pill boxes such that there is no space next to his buildings for the war factory. I suggest make the AI not restricted on the position like human player is; you should let the AI able to go further with his base than human can (yes cheat but its ok)
  11. I noticd the AI never expand his base for new Ore collection. on some maps, there are 2 or 3 ore generators near each base. The AI usually only goes for one and leaves the other 2 full ore spots and never collects them. I suggest that the AI send miners to each spot. it is better to divide the miners rather than make them all mine 1 spot even when its empty.
  12. I could still sometims kite kirov airships with my  flak tracks and the AI never attacks the base
  13. I suggest Korea and allies in general striker with BlackEagle from a good angle where there is no Anti-Air defenses (gg will be too hard to win)
  14. When I set up defenses on all entrances (put GI and GGI and some towers), the AI will walk his tanks into my units. not sure if this is correct or bad
  15. I think the soviets must bring some infantry with their attacks just to be fodder. GI and GGI defense can repell soviet tanks, but if they have lots of conscripts, they will suck up some of the damage and are able to counter GGI anti-tank missiles
Edited by MapDesigner
  • Upvote 1

On 6/29/2018 at 7:15 PM, MapDesigner said:

but you didnt say which files must be copied :(

I think you should put some read me file, becuz I see 4 AI files and dont know which I should take. I think I will take the one in the parent directory (266KB)

Put all files in. Simple. The other folder is for me only to back up old versions for reference.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:25 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

Same as with any transports, unless you do it per map and script it using waypoints...

How is this compatible with the client now?

Well, it was problematic without waypoint. The transport must be full and can only use 1 type of unit, 1 transport only. I managed to figure out a hack around it. By repeating the enter command and set a friendly building as rally point, and not use "wait until fully loaded".

It is compatible to the client by pasting rulesmd.ini into spawner.xdp.

On 6/29/2018 at 7:00 PM, MapDesigner said:

Hello,

5.) I think they should be 3 teams better than 2. each team is 2 kirovs and total attack force is 6 kirovs. why not?  

I think 6.) should be changed: kirov should attack base from 3 sides (2,2,2) while at the same time he attack with tanks. the tanks will force the flaks to be microed. ummmmm, still if the player is good he can protect flaks with some rinos, so maybe im wrong. but I think you should re-consider this bit anyway. 

maybe you can also split the attack force, one on the MCV, one on the factory, and one on the base defenses (towers etc or power)

NO

I will have to ban libya then :(

I plan so surprise your AI with kirov attack from the ocean. I think you should make your AI send his scorpions to hunt my kirovs. WAIT! I have typhone attack subs. but you still can make scorpion/patriot boats guard the shore  

Edit: should I replay the campaign now? does it work there?

I cannot. The AI file in this game is very limited, the fact I managed to split team is basically hacking. I set a trigger that recruits 2 kirov from the original 6 kirov into a new team. If I add another team they might recruit from each other making a mess.

The key is to intercept the demotruck. Best done with air force to avoid radiation. Stay on your toes!

Campaign has its own AI. But the unit rebalance will take effect.

9 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

Hello, so I tried the new AI and here is the feedback:

1. this AI for some reason control my units. I can never stop hornet airplanes or dreadnoughts from kill my units. for dreadnought I can still attack, but with AirCraftCarrier, I cant even strike. Hornet planes are always dead and I cant do shit... I cant even stop them from attacking...
  2. but on the good side, this AI give me the ability to auto repair my buildngs xD
  3. AI  sometimes only use 2 dreadnoughts, and leave the third one standng but  never attacking. sometimes the AI only has 2 dreadnoughts and still not use one of them: it will be standing and doing nothing.
  4. dolphins never try to rescue destroyer or other ships from giant squids.
  5. amphibious transport deploy troops in wrong islands: he will go to his ally base instead of my base LOL.
  6. sometimes amphibious transport go to correct island but still not deploy troops correctly; instead, it will keep circulating around some of my tech buildings. My guess is that the AI want to deploy troops in the position of this tech airport but cant go there unliss I destroy the building.
  7. AI does not capture all neutral buildings. in some maps, there is nuclear reactor near every base and the AI still not capture it. I noticed the AI do capture neotral construction yard, but he will never use it to develop new technology. the AI will only use it to build his buildings. for example, there is an allied construction yard in one map, and the AI do capture it, but if he was soviet, he will never build allied barracks/tanks/spies/etc
  8. sometimes, the AI does not even capture tech airport. My guess is that the AI only capture airport if there is oil derrick in the map, but I cant be 100% sure.
  9. the AI sometimes try to attack my base with typhone submarines. Well, they cant attack ground xD
  10. I have seen allied AI stuck before building warfactory; the AI built so many pill boxes such that there is no space next to his buildings for the war factory. I suggest make the AI not restricted on the position like human player is; you should let the AI able to go further with his base than human can (yes cheat but its ok)
  11. I noticd the AI never expand his base for new Ore collection. on some maps, there are 2 or 3 ore generators near each base. The AI usually only goes for one and leaves the other 2 full ore spots and never collects them. I suggest that the AI send miners to each spot. it is better to divide the miners rather than make them all mine 1 spot even when its empty.
  12. I could still sometims kite kirov airships with my  flak tracks and the AI never attacks the base
  13. I suggest Korea and allies in general striker with BlackEagle from a good angle where there is no Anti-Air defenses (gg will be too hard to win)
  14. When I set up defenses on all entrances (put GI and GGI and some towers), the AI will walk his tanks into my units. not sure if this is correct or bad
  15. I think the soviets must bring some infantry with their attacks just to be fodder. GI and GGI defense can repell soviet tanks, but if they have lots of conscripts, they will suck up some of the damage and are able to counter GGI anti-tank missiles

1.It is a hack developed for naval ship target ground units. Unforunately it also affect player. I plan to make it a AI only unit so human is not affected.

3. It is a minor problem, but the 3rd dred will be used if AI build another taskforce.

4. AI cant hit its own unit, no getting around it.

5-6. Known problem. Transport script is work in progress.

7. AI will not cap building unless having land access to enemy base. AI will never build other faction unit unless I write script specifically for it. Huge effort needed.

8. I got around problem 7 with oil derick.

9. original game bug.

10. Avoid map with small build space for now. AI build order is hard coded.

11. Hardcoded mining AI is infuriating!

12. Should not be happening. Only the 2 kirov will chase you, rest still rush the base.

13. Air force cannot dodge threat in AI. Sucks I know. I may develop a hack for it some day.

14. AI auto crush infantry working as intended.

15. AI cannot coordinate unit with different speed. 

Edited by TK3600

1 hour ago, TK3600 said:

Well, it was problematic without waypoint. The transport must be full and can only use 1 type of unit, 1 transport only. I managed to figure out a hack around it. By repeating the enter command and set a friendly building as rally point, and not use "wait until fully loaded".

i just used friendly buildings as rally points and then made the transport wait certain amount of seconds for boarding, it solved my problem of putting terror drones in transports.

12 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

i just used friendly buildings as rally points and then made the transport wait certain amount of seconds for boarding, it solved my problem of putting terror drones in transports.

Interesting, i will try the wait command.