Install Tiberian Sun to Several PCs but Only Download Cut Scenes Once

Dune8421

Question

First I want to thank you all for a wonderful job with your TS installer.

I need to install TS on several PCs but don't want to spend 3 hours downloading the cut scenes per PC.  Is there a way to copy the appropriate MIX files from one installation (where the install had the "download cut scenes" option enabled) to all the other installs (where the install had the "download cut scenes" option disabled)?

Exactly which files would need to be copied?

Or perhaps there is another approach entirely.  I have original CDs as well, if that helps.

7 answers to this question

I don't know exactly what file the movies are stored in but what you can do is transfer the file through your network (at my house, I have a folder that all of my computers can access).

Hopefully someone will come by and tell ya what file the movies are stored on.

I have now installed one PC with cut scenes and one without then done a directory comparison between the two.

The one with cut scenes has two additional files: MOVIES01.MIX and MOVIES02.MIX.  I will try copying these.

Also, a comparison of original CD media (GDI, NOD, and Firestorm disks) to my installation directories shows that Firestorm has a maps03.mix and movies03.mix but neither of my installation directories have them.  I will try to copy those too, but I am not sure what to look for to confirm success.

I belive the reason the maps03 mix isnt there is because of a problem related to the game,

All the firestorm maps should be lose in the TS folder, they are the fsgidxx.map and fsnodxx.map files.

As for movies03 i think (i dont have them downloaded on this pc) the movies from this are either loose or perhaps in side the two existing moviexx.mix files.

Moving over the 2 mix files (and possibly the lose movie files) will allow you to view them ingame on any other pc.