New map Facedown 8p version.

aWarNoob1

Awesome idea, but yes could use a bit of work IMO to get the true feel of face down.

First, original FD is a 4 player map, so they make it 8 players here, but the overall ore/gems is not scaled up anywhere close to the feel of 4-way face down.

I also very much dislike the additional tech buildings, especially airports. Airports make the version less credible IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Awesome idea, but yes could use a bit of work IMO to get the true feel of face down.

First, original FD is a 4 player map, so they make it 8 players here, but the overall ore/gems is not scaled up anywhere close to the feel of 4-way face down.

I also very much dislike the additional tech buildings, especially airports. Airports make the version less credible IMO.

In the middle, I increased the gems and ore posts in proportion to the number of additional players in this version of the facedown. Also each ore spot carries equal amounts. I don't remember exactly; about 30k perhaps.

It is  very fun and balanced. I hope someone with enough spare time can shape up the hills and, yes, perhaps remove and replace the airports to stay true to the original. Also I need to get the HD minimap coded for the cncnet client. I have trouble convincing people to try it out with the low-reso minimap; it looks like an amateur project from that image.

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, aWarNoob1 said:

I have trouble convincing people to try it out with the low-reso minimap; it looks like an amateur project from that image.

But that's what it is. 
You didn't even bother to use different numbered cliff tiles so they look repetitive as shit.

who cares? this isnt ts. ra2 is about gameplay not graphics, and this map looks like itd make for some cool naval gameplay, though i do admit a freaking hate airports.

EDIT: needs AITriggers o_~

Edited by McPwny
i do what i want.