If you want to be a high ranking player or even the best player in the world, why choose GDI?

chem

Isnt it the weaker side an inferior side?

Even at the highest level is it still not a weaker side? Or do things change when you get really really skilful?

I know its map specific but in general or on a tournament style map  where it favours neither GDI or nod, and the only balance difference is the faction balance. Are nod not just better?

Edited by chem

I think if your one of the best u should be equally good with both sides, GDI is just as much part of the game as NOD and even though they lack speed air cover and there war factory blow after only a couple hits. A high level player should be well versed in either side.

• Like 1

Nod has more "take that" variety.

On the skill curve for normal maps. It starts with GDI. With some skill, NOD is the better choice. But at a maximum skill, I suspect that GDI reigns supreme.

I mean, who beats Ferret?

Would be neat though to have 2 learning ai have a battle with each other. And see which side wins and reasons as of to why.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BluySY said:

I think if your one of the best u should be equally good with both sides, GDI is just as much part of the game as NOD and even though they lack speed air cover and there war factory blow after only a couple hits. A high level player should be well versed in either side.

Disagree, I think it doesn't matter if you are well rounded or not so long as you are effective when you fight someone, I also think you are better off pooling most of your efforts into one side rather than learning both (to be more effective). But that's just my theory /opinion I don't know for sure.

What faction was the best guy in the westwood era in the 1990's online? Who was the best guy back then and what faction was he? Were they better or worse than the modern pros?  

Edited by chem
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, X3M said:

On the skill curve for normal maps. It starts with GDI. With some skill, NOD is the better choice. But at a maximum skill, I suspect that GDI reigns supreme.

Would be neat though to have 2 learning ai have a battle with each other. And see which side wins and reasons as of to why.

What makes you suspect GDI is overpowered at maximum skill level?

Edited by chem

2 hours ago, X3M said:

Your right Ferret is a great GDI player how ever, I have played him in NOD vs NOD games and he is unstopable

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, chem said:

What makes you suspect GDI is overpowered at maximum skill level?

If GDI manages to draw each battle to direct combat with the best micro. GDI has a bit of an edge in the long run.

If GDI manages to get beyond a certain treshhold with tanks. Those bikes are sniped down faster than a tank is sniped down. Not 8 to 5 but more like 9 or 10 to 5. 

I have seen the second happen a lot. Even on normal maps. But you need a lot of grenadier support. 

But this is my experience.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chem said:

Disagree, I think it doesn't matter if you are well rounded or not so long as you are effective when you fight someone, I also think you are better off pooling most of your efforts into one side rather than learning both (to be more effective). But that's just my theory /opinion I don't know for sure.

What faction was the best guy in the westwood era in the 1990's online? Who was the best guy back then and what faction was he? Were they better or worse than the modern pros?  

In The Westwood days all The top players played NOD, XxTheManxX was the top guy for most of the time period Grlpwer Blackasp and acxdc also had there time. I don't think they were as good as you guys are today. How ever  we had to learn to play with limited resources on a very select few maps when we new every game was ranked. Chem I actually agree 100%, master one side instead of spreading yourself thin. 

3 hours ago, X3M said:

Are you telling me that he is godlike with NOD?

I never saw him playing with NOD.

I'm not saying he is god like anyone can be defeated if u wanna see him play u can watch us on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5FK0IDOOdjiwevdlslLkA

• Upvote 1