Why does the "New" button,when starting XCC Mix Editor, not "enabled"?

Badgebomb

Ok have a little problem, the "New" button in XCC Mix Editor doesnt look like it's "enabled" which is weird, because when i was creating my first batch of maps, the button was "enabled" everytime it started. Any ideas? or is there something i'm missing?

The only time it worked is when i opened a RA95 mix file, close it then it would come on

I would appericiate the help , Thnx :)

58f0dfaaf3932_.jpg.5120197f25b9bc18632f0a640fd81e3f.jpg

Found your problem, the logo in the top left corner there, yup thought so, its terminal im afraid...

(i never miss a chance to blatantly slag off any thing apple, don't take it personally :D )

As for solutions, the only thing i could suggest is reinstalling  xcc, ive never see this problem before

edit: problem sounded better than error

thnx for the help, but i have re-installed XCC like 3 times and still doenst work XD

Mix manager can be useful, but I don't use it much though, can give headache sometimes if something goes wrong , but thnx for the help though :D

Oh this one. It's easy to get around.

Simply take a copy of any existing mixfile and open that in XCC Mix Editor. Then it's just a matter of clearing its contents, setting the mixfile type to the game you want to use it for, and putting in your stuff. Always remember to make sure the mixfile type is set correctly BEFORE inserting any files, though.

Also, use "Compact" instead of "Save". It's just plain better :P

I've seen this bug a lot... never had it myself though. Not a clue what causes it, either.

Thnx , but recently i found out something which fix the problem but i'll still say it anyway.

The whole time i use the portable version of C&C95 , which was still the whole game

and then one day i re-installed C&C95 , then later i started XCC Mix Editor and the "New"

button worked.  Found that very weird :S

Note*

i had created a "Westwood" folder and had put C&C95 folder right in there.

• 1 month later...

Thnx , but recently i found out something which fix the problem but i'll still say it anyway.

The whole time i use the portable version of C&C95 , which was still the whole game

and then one day i re-installed C&C95 , then later i started XCC Mix Editor and the "New"

button worked.  Found that very weird :S

Note*

i had created a "Westwood" folder and had put C&C95 folder right in there.

Thanks for clarifying that, I also have that problem and I was at loss as to why it occurred (I ascribed it to moving from v1.45 to v1.46, incorrectly, as it turns out), but I used the "copy existing mixfile" workaround just fine :)