So many odd changes

Ra2Nub

So I took a break as I already established in my other topic about cheat detection in lobby being flawed and broken. But I have noticed other things that broke or got changed which I question about a lot.

1) The RA2 icon at lobbies to identify RA2 mode games is gone. Now all the rooms are labeled with a YR icon again. Removed on purpose or..?

2) When playing YR, the normal mode the RA2 soundtrack got completely removed. Why? I get removing YR from RA2 mode to make RA2 mode authentic and whatever, but why touch the YR mode, the normal mode we are enjoying? Can we get RA2 soundtrack back? Having both was a great addition. I do not want be forced to play RA2 mode to have the RA2 soundtrack.

3) Also, this is more a 'can we improve' but can we have the select all buildings in YR mode like you re-implemented it in RA2 mode? I get that YR didn't originally had this due to unknown reasons, but there's no hurt adding this in the YR mode as well. It's only QOL, an improvement.

I had more things, but for now I forgot about them...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bump. Also, to add to list long ago the game modes all got their vanilla name, but all custom maps still goes to 'Standard' making the default 'Battle' completely useless. This was never fixed, though. 

I am also getting likes on my main post. The reason why I even made this post was because someone bought up in-game that the RA2 soundtrack got removed, and had no idea why. I didn't noticed it at first because I always play the game with BGM shuffle mode, and thus didn't looked at it for while until now.

Edited by Ra2Nub
  • Confused 1

On 9/23/2018 at 3:12 AM, Ra2Nub said:

So I took a break as I already established in my other topic about cheat detection in lobby being flawed and broken. But I have noticed other things that broke or got changed which I question about a lot.

1) The RA2 icon at lobbies to identify RA2 mode games is gone. Now all the rooms are labeled with a YR icon again. Removed on purpose or..?

2) When playing YR, the normal mode the RA2 soundtrack got completely removed. Why? I get removing YR from RA2 mode to make RA2 mode authentic and whatever, but why touch the YR mode, the normal mode we are enjoying? Can we get RA2 soundtrack back? Having both was a great addition. I do not want be forced to play RA2 mode to have the RA2 soundtrack.

3) Also, this is more a 'can we improve' but can we have the select all buildings in YR mode like you re-implemented it in RA2 mode? I get that YR didn't originally had this due to unknown reasons, but there's no hurt adding this in the YR mode as well. It's only QOL, an improvement.

I had more things, but for now I forgot about them...

1. The YR client was orignally forked from the main GitHub source. Updates became tricky to maintain, so now the YR client is as the GitHub source. This means that some features like this were lost since it didn't exist in the original source. It's something we'll look at adding back at some point, but other features are taking priority over others.
  2. I'm not sure sure on this one, maybe @dkeeton or @tomsons26 can help answer this one.
  3. Again same applies, with @dkeeton or @tomsons26

@Grant

Yeh i'm the one who complained about the ra2 soundtracks not being in yuri's revenge. I clearly remember them being there.

I used to play one of my coop maps on cncnet and in the map editor and i specifically put a trigger that makes a ra2 music starts in the game instead of any other. That was long ago too, but i do remember hearing the music trigger that i put.

But now all i hear is yuri soundtracks.. They are not bad, but i liked ra2 music more.

Edited by Roooo
  • Upvote 1