weaveR's favorite Chem maps

weaveR

6 hours ago, Iran said:

Images don't work

Yes they do try refreshing.

1 hour ago, cn2mc said:

They also aren't pretty.

Ah I was expecting one of the anti-money map people to comment I reckon Trichotillomaina and Test Idea Map are pretty I know you don't like symmetrical money maps though but each to their own personally I think games end up as stalemates when there's no tiberium especially against turtling players. 6 player games are dumb with no tiberium too couldn't imagine playing with 6 players on a Westwood style map there would simply just not be enough resources to take people out. Pro Red Alert players always play money maps too there's more action and some of them play all the time so they would probably know what a good map is by experience?

7 hours ago, weaveR said:

Yes they do try refreshing.

Ah I was expecting one of the anti-money map people to comment I reckon Trichotillomaina and Test Idea Map are pretty I know you don't like symmetrical money maps though but each to their own personally I think games end up as stalemates when there's no tiberium especially against turtling players. 6 player games are dumb with no tiberium too couldn't imagine playing with 6 players on a Westwood style map there would simply just not be enough resources to take people out. Pro Red Alert players always play money maps too there's more action and some of them play all the time so they would probably know what a good map is by experience?

Thanks Weaver lol :-)))))))))

I have along flight back to England in December,and an even longer time without internet after as I get reconnected, I promise to update all ugly maps make them pretty ,finish all unfinished maps, and generally make them all neat and ordered as its a complete mess at the moment.

Ive stopped releasing junk into the system mostly now although I accidentally released a few  unfinished maps, will keep them all unnamed from now on.

Test map will become a proper finished map just deciding what to do for the finishing touches. Ive got some nice new ones coming.

I dont know what to do about maps like r tard edition, rock n roll etc if anything I cant really make them pretty easily, and they are fundamentally flawed so it will be a waste of time, Im hoping it will just go away with time. Im glad some people got enjoyment out of them/ my edits though.

To manu and N3 "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"  thanks for the great maps guys I loved playing them editing them and making maps inspired by them. 

Edited by chem

Also spreading my junk around might not be wise as ive contaminated the system enough asit is,I can release a finished high quality map pack once ive finished them all I have a terrible habit of half completing a map and then moving onto a new idea that excites me before the last one is finished 

Edited by chem

Was just a drunken jab at 5 AM. I avoid games larger than 2v2 in general because of clusterfuck, and because maps in TD are too small for that, not because they're ugly. Also, a map can be a 'money map' and still retain some semblance of actual terrain and not be just an open field, covered with tiberium. Don't bring RA money maps into this, it's both a different game and a different concept with the endless ore patches, which I also do not like BTW, even though I could care less since I haven't really played RA this century. 

PS: Also, where'd you get the idea that I don't like symmetrical maps? Basically all the maps I made are symmetrical.

Edited by cn2mc

Netrunner just totally ripped off a popular Red Alert map he didn't create the idea I did the same thing I wonder if my Tdshowdown map will become as popular as HJK6 did I think your remixes made it popular though but yeah once someone nuke + ion cannons your CY and there's nothing you can do about it it starts to get stale.

That's a shame I enjoyed playing your new maps some more than others I just noticed that some maps were played over and over I thought I'd just point out the popular ones but yeah it's the same idea a blob of tiberium in the middle 5 base spots a blob of tiberium in the middle 6 base spots its the only thing that fits within 62 x 62 though that can accommodate that many players but its good that 6 player games are actually possible now because there are a few maps for it now.

I never really played many of your maps cnc2mc to be honest I sort of thought they gone a bit against the grain of what people constantly play to be honest lots of people play 6 player games if they don't go out of sync and totally not saying that my maps are better my maps are just joke maps no one plays them either you probably spent months making your maps making them perfect I just thought your maps looked like Westwood style maps and they're not symmetrical like some community maps are.

Yes I'm not into Red Alert either but some of the cheese tactics for TD piss me off that wouldn't happen in Red Alert but then I'd have to learn to play at 640 x 480 and do a million things at once I just can't be fucked doing that straight for hours.

@cn2mc

I agree the original maps never had enough tiberium for the type of games that are played now I remember super weapons never used to even get built on the Westwood maps I guess most of the players that play TD though are kinda slow though it was never intended for 6 people either its fun to see how many people you can take out though even on 6 player maps like ROCK N ROLL but even on maps like that there usually ends up being someone who doesn't know how to play so they get taken out and one player gets to harvest more tiberium and wins by nuke + apachie or something nothing could stop its a shame how powerful the super weapons are in TD you can't build light armor units if its NOD vs NOD because of nukes killing everything except tanks I've played team games where 2 people have double nuked my Construction Yard too and you just can't stop it its nothing to do with skill what I find really funny is how some people don't resign and instead have a grudge and haunt you for the rest of the game trying to walk engineers into your base over and over while your fighting someone else its important to completely take people out otherwise they do that because they're mad they suck even when they're not going to win or some other cheese tactics seems to be how this game is always played now though.

@Ferret

It's the image website I used I did directly link the images but it still goes to the website for some strange reason must redirect or something if you hover the mouse over the links you'll see they're direct links.