Senior memebers of cnc.net abusing people for cheesing or not playing the way they like!

chem

Why is there this toxic attitude of anger and abuse in our community especially from some of the more senior members of cnc.net to verbally abuse players for cheesing, using engineers, buggy spam APC use Chinooks, conyard sells, helis etc,  no ones doing anything wrong and they get abuse for it and worst of all its nearly all from the senior guys who should be making the community less toxic and more welcoming, it seems to be universally agreed by some that cheesing is toxic and I think perhaps they are toxic to our community not the cheesing.

Cheesing being good or bad is just an opinion so why should people get abused for a difference of opinion?

Cheesing done well is an effective part of a pros skill set its part of the game and should be embraced as part of the fun and the real meta, not looked down on and certainly no one should get angry and abuse or tell people off for using tactics they don't approve of or like?

What do you think? (and please be honest about whether you are one of the ones that tell people off for cheesing ignore them, block them,  get angry at them and abuse/scold them for it)

Edited by chem

I was a C&C player nearly 20 years ago (mostly single-player at that time + some far in between LAN games), still enjoying this game, strangely more than it's sequels like RA.

The switch from sigle play to multiplay on cncnet has been tough, sometimes really tough ? I recognize that l would try almost anything just to survive in a mp game. MattAttack & others YouTube videos helped but the distance between a "pro" player and a noob/somebody coming from sigle-player is enormous.

The best thing this great cncnet team/community can do is to organize games for begineers to let them train, play at their own level/pace (catching those pesky grens at max game speed anyone...) and enjoy this cool game. We can even have some good "Yoda" mentors giving some live game lessons to a bunch of noobs from time to time. All things considered I still love this game, now more than ever! ?Having a beginners "playgroud" without having to drastically improvem my CPM overnight would make it even more fun.

• Upvote 1

People can get pissed off when they lose, because they've put a lot of effort into the game.

It's the same with any set of work, or transaction or anything.

If someone feels that something is unfair, they may well lash out. They've put a lot of work in, and feel that they didn't get a chance to even use their skill. It's primal and while it can be avoided, it often isn't. 

I've done it myself, I'm not proud of it, but I move on. I've seen it from others, I doubt they are proud of it, but once again, I move on.

People are people, humans are humans.

THERE ARE NO PROS. There's no professional scene to C&C. The fact that you keep harping on, saying that certain people are elite and who's better than who is the bigger issue; you build it all up so it can come tumbling down. You make them into something MORE than human, in your mind. Then, when they cannot meet that expectation, you attack them for it.
But here's the thing; no one else cares.

Just go and enjoy the game.

Edited by AchromicWhite
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, X3M said:

You are one to talk Chem.

Is this post part of your retribution?

Lol no I just need to get more of a life atm, too much time on the net, not healthy,  I never abuse people for it never no hate is involved no cruel low self esteem  lashing out, the only time I did that is when I lost as a noob, but now the only thing I do is banter .

Yea in response to what white says and I wasn't sniping at you white, I think western society doesn't help our ego's much or self worth and yea we probably take these things way more seriously than we should as our self worth is tied to them when it shouldn't be

35 minutes ago, AchromicWhite said:

People can get pissed off when they lose, because they've put a lot of effort into the game.

It's the same with any set of work, or transaction or anything.

If someone feels that something is unfair, they may well lash out. They've put a lot of work in, and feel that they didn't get a chance to even use their skill. It's primal and while it can be avoided, it often isn't. 

I've done it myself, I'm not proud of it, but I move on. I've seen it from others, I doubt they are proud of it, but once again, I move on.

People are people, humans are humans.

THERE ARE NO PROS. There's no professional scene to C&C. The fact that you keep harping on, saying that certain people are elite and who's better than who is the bigger issue; you build it all up so it can come tumbling down. You make them into something MORE than human, in your mind. Then, when they cannot meet that expectation, you attack them for it.
But here's the thing; no one else cares.

Just go and enjoy the game.

SMT told me that  after a recent match you told him that you hate me and Mike Pence, is that true also why do you help out someone you dislike? Ive never been in that situation before, where someone dislikes you butt helps you,  is it just for the greater good of the community that you help me out?

Will do I will get off the forum bad habit!

Edited by chem

Nope, never said I hated you both. He just asked why I didn't play you, and I told him a little of the history of harassment.
It is what it is.

I don't hate you, nor Pence; but I never enjoyed being harassed, nor did I think it was alright, and still don't.

It's not worth the stress to play either of you, due to the potential of community lash outs, just like this thread. I play the game to enjoy it and improve at it.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, AchromicWhite said:

Nope, never said I hated you both. He just asked why I didn't play you, and I told him a little of the history of harassment.
It is what it is.

I don't hate you, nor Pence; but I never enjoyed being harassed, nor did I think it was alright, and still don't.

It's not worth the stress to play either of you, due to the potential of community lash outs, just like this thread. I play the game to enjoy it and improve at it.

Ok thats good to know I definitely regret harassing you at the start, and getting on bad terms, big mistake, I apologise.  I respect your wishes.  We are having some great battles on Zodiac me SMT Ghost and Weaver played it non stop the other night all night!

Edited by chem