Looking to purchase a new computer..help?

a1nthony

Hi all, I’m looking to purchase a new computer mainly to be used for recording and mixing audio, a long with some CnC of course. My question is.. does anyone here know what I can get for a good price? I’m willing to spend 500-709 for a computer tower. I’d imagine refurbished computers with warranties are a good deal?just wondering if anyone here has experience. Any input would be great!

Edited by a1nthony
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

last time i bought a gaming laptop  was around 2008. was around $1,500. it could play starcraft 2 but after a year it started melting and overheating like crazy. it could barely do anything at that point besides browse the web. if i rendered a video or played a video game it would power up like a jet engine and start melting itself. i sold it for like 200 dollars. good times. ill never buy a gaming laptop again.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

If you are going a laptop gaming machine the #1 thing you need to make sure of is if it can properly cool the hardware. Many companies make good cooling solutions but some don't. If it overheats it will just down-clock and ruin your experience. Make 100% sure the cooling solution is reliable.