- - - S T O R M - - -

CCCP84

- - - S T O R M - - -

Excellent naval map for 2v2v2v2 or 1v1v1v1 games.
The disputed islands do not allow players to sit at the base, but immediately provoke a military clash.

[8] Storm (CCCP84).jpg

[8] Storm v4.4A (CCCP84).map              ( The author recommends using this version (A). Armor and weapon ranges of some units have been

carefully adjusted specifically for this map, for its long distances. Kirov and V3 are no longer useless here.

All game bugs that could be fixed have been fixed. )

[8] Storm v4.4 (CCCP84).map                Clear version without any mods and changes. Just territory. ( not recommended )

And play RA2 mode. I will always promote pure RA2. There is nothing superfluous. There is a normal, not annoying voice acting. It is more serious. The YR mod ruined the game considerably in my opinion. Soldiers are overly strong. Battle fortresses and annoying choppers.
Friends, RA2 is simply better.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

List of significant changes in Oceania v4.2A(AL) (compared to original values).
Parentheses indicate the original value. [ Map value (original value) ]

Infantry:
Sniper --------- Range  25 (14)
Desolator ------ Range  8 (6) ; Damage 250 (125) ; Elite Range 10 (8) ; Elite Damage 400 (200)  ( The damage is related to the shot, not the radiation effect )

Vehicles:
Tesla Tank ----- Range  8  (4) ; Elite Range 9 (6) ; Price 1700 (1200)
German Tank -- Range  10 (5) ; Elite Range 11 (6.75) ; Price 2000 (900)
V3 Launcher --- Range 40 (18); Price 1800 (800)
Desolator IFV -- Range  10 (7) ; Damage 500 (175)

Aircrafts:
Black Eagle ---- Range  8  (6) ; Elite Range 12 (9); Armor 300 (200)
Intruder -------- Range  8  (6) ; Elite Range 10 (9); Armor 250 (150)
Kirov ----------- Armor 2500 (2000); Speed 8 (5)

Buildings:
Grand Cannon - Range        17  (15) ; Price 3000 (2000)
Prism Tower --- Range         9   (8)
Tesla Coil ------ Range         8   (7)    |    TC + Tesla Trooper - Range 10 (8)
Psychic Sensor- Radius        20 (15)  | + Mobile Submarine Detector(new unit) - Detection Radius 18 (15 for Psychic Sensor in original, not CNCNET RA2)
Patriot---------- CellSpread 1.6 (0.3)  (Increasing this parameter causes damage not only to the unit that the missle hits, but also to units near it. This solves                                                                                the problem of huge concentrations of rocketers very well. However, it does not deal more damage to a single unit, such
                                                                as a Kirov. This is a very good solution.)

Fixing bugs and unwanted effects:

- Fixed sale price of alliance infantry in cloning vats in ra2 mode. Thus, it is now impossible to make a profit.

- Fixed a bug with the Flak Trooper that caused the Elite Flak Trooper to become less powerful than the regular Flak Trooper.

- Fixed a bug where Yuri Prime in RA2 mode could capture 10 units at the same time. Now it can capture 1, just like it did in the original RA2.

- MCV cannot be spawned from a crate. (This gave too much advantage to the player who found second base.)

- I have restored the Psi Sensor feature that worked in the original Red Alert 2 but was lost in RA2 mode on CNCNET, namely submarine unit detection.

I did this with a new unit (Submarine Detector) that spawns with the Psi Sensor. Unfortunately, I was not able to restore the function of the Psi Sensor to

unmask spies and mirages.

Edited by CCCP84
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fixed a bug with Yuri Prime in RA2 mode.
Made the bay on lower left more natural.

Made a place for the Soviet barracks in the upper left on the corner island To simplify deployment there.

added map file v2.9

v2.8:

2.8.jpg

v2.9:

2.9.jpg

Edited by CCCP84
  • Like 1

Released v3.0

Made impossible to earn money by making and selling units in RA2 mode.

Added new better-quality preview.

At the request of the working class, made an additional version with a satellite and some improvements to some units.

• 10 months later...

This month is the anniversary of the Storm map. 5 years ago i released the first version of Storm. As you can see, the map is very raw. After this version, 20 more versions were released. Now it's interesting to compare how much the storm has changed.

[4] Storm v1.1 (CCCP84).jpg

v1.1

[8] Storm v3.0S.jpg

v3.0S

Map file:        [4] Storm v1.1 (CCCP84).map

Edited by CCCP84
  • Upvote 1

all your maps are top tier cccp and ive had fun playing a lot of them over cncnet. i hope they get official since they are by far better than most of the maps that have gotten officially ported with cncnet in recent years. 

you should consider also making a post in the map section of PPMforum with your maps. im sure there are a lot of mods that would love to use them.

• Like 3

Thank you, friend, for the kind words!

10 hours ago, McPwny said:

you should consider also making a post in the map section of PPMforum with your maps. im sure there are a lot of mods that would love to use them.

Done 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Napsis

Is the ra2 Psychic beacon
The free unit if an undetectable unit simply for detecting submarine units as it should be in ra2

The ra2 function is broken in YR as it uses the YR engine to do it

I'm not particularly a fan of the naval targeting stuff however

16 hours ago, bbglas007 said:

Napsis

Is the ra2 Psychic beacon
The free unit if an undetectable unit simply for detecting submarine units as it should be in ra2

The ra2 function is broken in YR as it uses the YR engine to do it

I'm not particularly a fan of the naval targeting stuff however

It is not broken, it works in a different way. You can be fan of everything and download the original moddded version in the 1st post.

I got you guys, you aren't easygoing to the most of the community and prefer to stay in a small team of CCCP84 with your own opinion.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

It is not broken, it works in a different way. You can be fan of everything and download the original moddded version in the 1st post.

I got you guys, you aren't easygoing to the most of the community and prefer to stay in a small team of CCCP84 with your own opinion.

Psi sensor is broken in RA2 mode, because of using YR game engine.

• Check 1

10 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

I don't even know what you mean...
I like version 2.8 of CCCP's maps. Not 3.5 - I don't agree with everything he does and am always debating points with him via other chat mediums
I have many friends who play ra2/YR - I'm not exclusively "Team CCCP84" - I have great respect for his mapping skills and he really raises the standards for other mappers. There's a reason his maps are played frequently and are sought out to be official maps.

Not sure what you are on about regards to being "easygoing to most of the community"  - Are you somehow insinuating that my character is ill toward others in the community? Or do you think i'm difficult to get along with because i may not agree with everything?

If Anything CCCP84 has raised the most bugs regarding the ra2 function on cncnet recently that have not been documented. You can thank him for addressing the ra2 Yuri Prime logic errors and also solving some recon issues for mappers regarding gap gens. His posts are there and are now useful references to those whom which to make a map.  

" you aren't easygoing to the most of the community"
Please clarify what you mean by saying this...

Edited by bbglas007
  • Like 1

Released new versions of Oceania, Storm and Black Sea.
Brought everything to the same standard. This applies to bug fixes and some unity mods needed for large sea maps. First of all, this applies to Oceania and Storm. The Black Sea, in fact, has only bug fixes.

Map files and a list of modifications are in the first post.

I also made sure that each map has a clean, unmodified version. Just territory.