You Recently Reverted Changes To Unit Behavior

9LivesCatFood

I have enjoyed playing Tiberian Sun the past few months if not year. on cncnet You guys made it so units don't chase after enemy units and get stuck wanting to attack enemy units that move out of range. This prevented Hover MLRS and rocket infantry from chasing air units back to enemy base and prevented anti scout units from letting scouts run past them because they were stuck targeting a now out of range unit rather than fighting in range enemy units. These changes made Tiberian Sun much more fun to play. You reverted the changes back to all these problems and I am no longer enjoying playing the game. Please bring those improved quality of life changes back. I understand why you think it's good to keep these old C&C games playing just like they did from release but this is awful.

I advocated for this change. Mainly because the MMk2 became way too powerful by basically shooting automatically including shooting down carryalls on his own. I hoped they would revert that change only for the MMk2, but they completely reverted it. I do agree that initial change made a lot of sense for almost all other units though.

edit:

All they have to do is that the MMk2, after its target "disappears" (killed, out of range, under carry) it has to be returned to default mode, instead of some kind of guard mode. Because by default, it doesnt automatically shoot at any units.

Edited by Sol

13 hours ago, 9LivesCatFood said:

I disagree. I haven't had a mammy carryall fight in a long time. maybe 1 out of 50 games that happens. only a handful of players who spam terrace and forest fires do that kind of stuff. i usually just banshee or orca bomb the mammoth to death.

you're also not part of the community that has to deal with this issue constantly on official maps, it was a very big issue for us that affected nearly every game. as for the changes that you said it helped with, that just means you'll actually have to pay attention to your units now.... 

Edited by c0rpsmakr

7 hours ago, c0rpsmakr said:

you're also not part of the community that has to deal with this issue constantly on official maps, it was a very big issue for us that affected nearly every game. as for the changes that you said it helped with, that just means you'll actually have to pay attention to your units now.... 

You make the choice to have mammy careyall fights. You do it because you think it's cute. I play nothing but official maps. There's only a handful of people who play together who deliberately go out of their way to have things like mammy fights on a regular basis. That's not a normal play style. And even then you're making the whole game buggy just so you can do it. I won't be playing much since they downgraded the game now.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

you have 0 idea what you're talking about. it's how the game is played, as the best repellant for an mk is another mk, it is THE standard way of playing. there's a difference between an mk being able to automatically shoot anything it lands near (which is a bug) and not being able to pay attention to or control your units.... that is your own issue.

27 minutes ago, c0rpsmakr said:

you have 0 idea what you're talking about. it's how the game is played, as the best repellant for an mk is another mk, it is THE standard way of playing. there's a difference between an mk being able to automatically shoot anything it lands near (which is a bug) and not being able to pay attention to or control your units.... that is your own issue.

Playing with outrageously buggy pathfinding that they fixed for a reason just so you can have mammy fights with a few of your booty buddies on tezz and ff is ridiculous and you know it. Plenty of more reliable ways to counter a mammy than chase it around with your own mammy trying to shoot it's carryall anyway. Now it's just easier and then what. Someone's mammy is gonna win anyway. Then you'll have to kill it another way beside another mammy.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

1 hour ago, c0rpsmakr said:

clearly this is a lost cause. 

im not surprised cncnet reverted the change since they don't want to update these old C&C games anyway. all it takes is one complaint and they will always side with reverting the change. theyd bring back input lag delay if someone complained. now we are stuck with literally morbidly bad unit behavior because of a mammy wars lover. thanks.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

as I have said at the start, the changes did make sense for most units, but its just some quality of life.

for the mk battles it actually hase a HUGE impact and regularly decides games. and no, we dont go deliberately out of our way to have those.

i am totally down for a patch that fixes all the units like it was before the reverse, except for the mk.

22 minutes ago, Mola said:

9lives wtf are you high or so?

Your clearly a newb who doesn't know how to play this game.

Pay attention to your units, its not that hard.

"pay attention to your units" tiberian sun has broken unit behavior. they fixed it. "pay attention to your units" literally means nothing. youre trying to say its people's job to constantly tell units not to do stupid shit because its part of the game to do so. almost as dumb as starcraft players having to click 100 times a minute because in the original starcraft units didnt listen to commands and had bad pathfinding and you could only select a limited number of units. then in starcraft 2 they made clicking and giving the same commands over and over 100 times a minute as normal pro behavior. so dumb... Again, I've played this game online more than all of you i know when you're just a a group of people who love constantly picking up and dropping mammies over and over again it was really fun to do that. now youre upset you can't and trying to normalize bugs in the game. im done talking about this now. enjoy the bugged unit behavior.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

26 minutes ago, 9LivesCatFood said:

Nah it don't decide battles. You're just making crap up. What's the problem again? It shoots mammy with a carryall on it automatically? Then stop putting a carryall on it ya goofball...

just wow. the mammoth is pretty much useless without a carry...

16 minutes ago, Sol said:

just wow. the mammoth is pretty much useless without a carry...

you know what i meant. stop putting a carryall on it over and over again when there's a enemy mammoth right next to it. Problem solved. people could always shoot it while thats happening. it just does it automatically now. big deal...

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

lets say i am hunting the harvs of my opponent with my mk. I see his mk approaching, so I have to evacuate. with the changes, my mk will be instantly shot down as soon as his mk lands, without any skill involved. Now I can outmicro him again and save my mk.

19 minutes ago, Sol said:

lets say i am hunting the harvs of my opponent with my mk. I see his mk approaching, so I have to evacuate. with the changes, my mk will be instantly shot down as soon as his mk lands, without any skill involved. Now I can outmicro him again and save my mk.

Let's say the game is a little laggy which gives him more time to kill your mammy carry. Let's say the game is a little too fast to pull it off so now you look pro even tho it was cause of game speed deciding how pro you were...

pls stop talking about things you clearly have no clue about. just admit that you were wrong about that part.

we agree on the rest, and i think if they can find the time they should reintroduce the changes to all other units.

35 minutes ago, Sol said:

pls stop talking about things you clearly have no clue about. just admit that you were wrong about that part.

we agree on the rest, and i think if they can find the time they should reintroduce the changes to all other units.

You know absolutely nothing bro. Nothing at all. Were you ever pro? i doubt it. So please would you just not talk about things you can't understand? Do you even lift mammies? I doubt it bro. it's a video game. quit being delusional. Learn to adapt to a minor change for improved overall gameplay. It didnt break the game. youre lying. its arguable that its now actually fixed even with the mammy.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

9lives, you have 0 relevance in the online community and you come out of nowhere complaining about something that has a gigantic impact on the meta. you have not played anywhere near as much as me or the others in this thread, nor are you anywhere near an adequate level of understanding to where you can have a logically sound opinion. I am actually what you people call a "pro" and have been for god knows how many years, yet you want to try and argue that your inability to watch your units trumps what me and many others have been saying regarding an actual glitch that decides games.... rather than spouting off maybe watch some of the "pro" youtube videos or spectate some games online and gain some perspective to learn WHY others who have been playing for decades are saying what they're saying, before coming in demanding that a recent change be made, when that said change actually screwed with the way ts has been played for 20 years.

Side note: ION CANNONS (AN INSTANT EMP KILLING DEVICE) SHOULD  NOT BE AN ATTACHMENT TO A RADAR

Edited by c0rpsmakr

3 hours ago, c0rpsmakr said:

Side note: ION CANNONS (AN INSTANT EMP KILLING DEVICE) SHOULD  NOT BE AN ATTACHMENT TO A RADAR

Fun fact. 2 orca bombers can do more damage than a ion cannon. in fact if radar is next to a emp they can kill both. stupid over powered orca bombers. which is usually why people build 2 if they want a reliable emp.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood