Using XCC INI CLT to add mods (TS mods included)

Holland

This is a command line tool that allows you to add or subtract two INI files. This probably sounds strange, but it's really handy. When you subtract two INI files, the result is the difference between them. When you add two INI files, the result is the combination of them. Note that you can turn/ copy paste any file (map,mpr etc) into an INI file. 

As a map maker you easily use the same mods you've used before, so what I've done is I saved every mod that i used a lot, in a seperate INI file. So that you can use the software called XCC_INI_CLT, to easily add it in your map. Just so there is no hassle of listing the mod in its appropriate list, like every new building needs to be listed under [BuildingTypes],  same for new/cloned infantry, vehicles, warheads, animations, and triggers, actions, events, tags, teamtypes and so on... Its just so much easier to use this software whenever you have an idea for a map, and even add or subtract the basic things like Auto-Ally, Free Radar, Reveal map, Giants mods etc. This trick is very do-able, even if you're a modding noob, i recommend you to still give this a shot

Note: This tutorial explains an alternate way to add mods to your map, no coding/modding skill required. The reason I don't wanna tag this topic is because the software can be used for all games that have editable INI files. So if you're a mod maker you can do the same thing and make separate files for your mods, and use this software to add/subtract them. Mods i added in this topic however, are for CnCnet Tiberian Sun.

Maker of XCC Utilities, Olaf van der Spek created this around 2002 i believe, and its still handy to this day. Here is the original tutorial: https://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/XCC_INI_CLT.html Original download: https://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/XCC_INI_CLT.zip

HOW IT WORKS

First a simple explanation how it works. If you want to add mods in your map, first copy paste the content (all the codes) of your map, into an INI file. (CTRL A= select all, CTRL+C=Copy, CTRL+V is Paste) You can use an empty INI file i included in the pack. Give it a short name.inifile3.gif.785f5df63061f2a4b3088da22f0848a9.gif

This little program needs to be in the same folder with the ini files that you like to add or subtract, so make sure the software file is in there

xccdrag.gif.0dd52fa935523d77321f3bb03e03efeb.gif

then you need to open command prompt. You can do that with your windows search, or in Start> Programs, or to press Windows Button + R, type: CMD and press enter.

cmd.gif.48eb4a1e55cac01c6e086ef4e4c21b5f.gif

Now you gotta navigate to the folder with the software and ini files in them. To do that, Type CD and follow with the folder path (just copy and paste), and press enter so for example like this:

CD.gif.fc3bfaaa8d513617aff141915bb97717.gif

Now, like in the original tutorial, type the software name XCC_INI_CLT follow with the files you want to add. It works like this: File1 + File2 = File3, so the File 3 will be both files added up. So how i like to do it is mymap.ini + autoally.ini mymap.ini  This way the mapfile will have the autoally added. So you type:

XCC_INI_CLT mymap.ini + autoally.ini mymap.ini

and press enter, and add all the mods you want, like this:

addingmods.gif.86759c5cbea77f4906de828f58c691d2.gif

Now just Copy the content of the INI file, back into the map file, and you got all the mods in your map :D

I've used this first for bigger mod projects and merging art.ini and rules.ini, but i figured since there are so many mods, we can use it this way as well. I will keep adding mods to this topic, Since we have fan made mods uploaded to the cncnet client in TS, this will be a great way to add them to your map. I have not organized all the mods I have in the attached rar file, they are very messy right now. I will update and edit these files as i gather more stuff. 

Mod inis.rar

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This mod will make the bridges on your map C4-able, to maximize use of the Ghost Stalker:

C4BRIDGE.ini

prec4.gif

plus a little extra: Place C4 twice, and a C4 is pre-placed for when its fixed (like in gif ^^)

C4BRIDGE.ini

After inserting this mod in your map using XCC_INI_CLT (or just placing it in your map), you have to do 3 things to each bridge:

• Attach a trigger to the Bridge huts,
  • Place the trigger's cel underneath bridge
  • Place the corresponding waypoints

Made a little gif tutorial to show you how:

Bridgec4tut.gif.6b6324042633c6a0354c4d4634cdb1a9.gif

So to clarify what i did in the gif:

1. Double click repairhut, and select an trigger that contains the word 'ATTACH', use the same trigger for both repair huts
  2. The middle 5 letters i selected are the ones you look for in Trigger Editor, this tag i used was 'SP5E1' ( Disable beginner mode in options, then Edit > Trigger options)
  3. Select the trigger SP5E1BridgeDestroyed, then click 'Place on Map' and place the cell underneath the bridge.
  4. Select the trigger SP5E1BridgeC4, select the tab 'Actions', and see which two waypoints are used, and select "Create waypoint with special ID", and place them right under the end and start of the bridge. 

Thats it, save your map.

• 2 weeks later...

I do feel like a dummy because i just discovered Final Sun does the same thing as XCC_INI_CLT. thaha ( i swear i thought it didnt)

So, forget about this little command line software and us Final sun instead. I will make a new topic and add some more good ini files,

but already got you a new Gif tutorial on what to do in Final Sun:

1543438881_addinginis.gif.8106272274067ba114c05c6f35d4fc33.gif

See Topic 'Adding mods with Final Sun (TS Mods Included)'