RA2 classic soundtrack in YR

StepOne

a few years ago, i was playing red alert 2 on my shittier pc, not the pc that i have today, and when i installed the Yuri's Revenge it had both Red Alert 2 and YR soundtrack in cncnet! I think the reason is because i had only classic RA2 files when i installed it, but now whenever i try to have both of the soundtracks from both of the games into YR, nothing worked... And i also tried to do it in XCC mixer but it was confusing, i tried everything but it didnt work, so maybe because that cncnet was the older version? Pls i need help because the classic RA2 music is way better than YR

• Upvote 1

They removed it to make RA2 mode more authentic. It makes sense to give RA2 only the RA2 soundtrack, but YR is a EXPANSION PACK, and should have BOTH soundtracks. Hate that they removed it, since now I mostly only hear the YR soundtrack

• Upvote 1

tbh the yr music is trash and they would be dumb not to use the ra2 music if they can. i remember the first thing i did after installing yr on this computer was to patch out that crappy annoying yr music and patch in the ra2 stuff via xcc and editing the music ini file

• Like 1
  • Check 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CnC_Robert said:

I made a small mod that adds both the RA2 and YR music to YR. You can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8heeiqjqtjc8x2/ra2musicinyrmod.7z/file

If anyone wants another mod like YR music in RA2 or only RA2 music in YR let me know!

Thank you man! i was looking for this. Now i can finally hear the red alert 2 music.

Edited by nonName
  • Like 1
  • Check 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, CnC_Robert said:

I made a small mod that adds both the RA2 and YR music to YR. You can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8heeiqjqtjc8x2/ra2musicinyrmod.7z/file

If anyone wants another mod like YR music in RA2 or only RA2 music in YR let me know!

Quick question. I downloaded the mod, and placed it in my cncnet folder that has Yuri's revenge. But the game now wont load when I start it up from the lobby screen. Everyone loads but me. Did I do anything wrong?

• 2 weeks later...