Seeking old TD/RA mod

Ragstallion

Hello everyone,

Ive recently been scouring the internet for an old mod i last saw years ago with no luck. This seemed like the best place to seek assistance. It was a simple Red Alert mod which faction swapped Tiberium Dawn. The Allied campaign was played by GDI and the Soviet campaign was with NOD. Same campaigns, just a faction swap. Im posting here in hopes someone remembers what or where the mod may be. So far in my hunt ive checked the releases on ModDB, and already have Dawn of the Tiberium Age, OpenRA, and CNCnet. Heres hoping someone knows what im talking about. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Here's a web archive of the old forum topic.

The download links seem to be dead, even copying & pasting them without the web-archive or multiple instances of %20   I can see what I have on another computer and upload them to mediafire.

EDIT EDIT: current thread

Red Dawn is a stand alone game by itself.

In the meantime while I look for those files, there's a smaller mod called RA to CnC v2.0.   You can find it here:

http://ra.afraid.org/html/downloads/mods-2.html

I thought it had some problems.  I don't remember what, so there's also a patch for it by me there (under my alternate name Gokuma)

EDIT: OK here's the Red Dawn 2014 files.  Scanned them with Eset first.   I never tried the older Red Dawn 2012 and don't have those files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0rxmmkf61vvviz2/Red_Dawn_2014_Installer.exe/file 49 MB

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zsl1ubty5kqjghf/Red_Dawn_2014_Music_Installer.exe/file 62 MB

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4yp9l0yrvqodcyo/Red_Dawn_2014_Videos_Installer.exe/file 180 MB

And here's some maps I made for it allowing GDI vs Allies vs Nod vs Soviets and reimplementing airfields in some maps but as capturable only: http://xo.cncguild.net/rdxo.html

Edited by Eisengeist

19 hours ago, Allen262 said:

Thanks! 

With no updates on getting the OG RA1 engine decoded to be more modable I'll just be lurking. No interest in CnCNet side of things or the new game from EA.

Welcome back Allen.

The Red Alert source code has been released and the engine can be made completely moddable (adding new units and modifying every attribute of existing ones and unhardcoding tons of work). I'm working on transferring over TD logic. I'm waiting for important missing bits like audio, UI, videos support which a bunch of people are working on.

As a preview someone got the internal map editor working (the one Westwood used to make maps for C&C1 and RA1).

• Upvote 1

Been keeping an eye on things from PPM. Last I saw RA1 related besides ImGui today was that an early test build had been found and had the internal map editor mostly working and while cool the internal editor looked more clunky to use than RAED.

Had no idea source code was now around. The thought of having TD's units buildings .ect added to RA1 without having to remove RA units buildings .ect would be super cool.

Besides porting in TD logics is any other things going to be done?

PPM made a mistake on the news post yesterday. Imgui is the UI library used. The map editor is the internal map editor and that's the same one as the one from beta, just using a different UI to make the UI bigger.

Rewriting asm functions to C will be done and the open-source SDL2 library with opengl & openal will be used so the game can run on any operating and architecture supported by SDL2 like Linux & Mac and Android and also HTML5 web (by cross compiling C++ to Javascript).

And making the game as moddable as TS/YR so adding new units and modifying all the logic will also be possible. And yeah lots of other stuff I''m planning like larger maps, more waypoints, trigger actions etc. Someone already made a better path finding mod which replaces crash & turn algorithm with A* algorithm.

• Like 1

Feels like the internal map editor needs a update if possible.  It looks darn painfully slow to use.

Sounds promising. I would have been happy years ago when you first experimented with adding new units/building if there was a way to define what the AI should do with the new units/building. A BehaveLike= key that would hook the new units/building to the hard coded logic so the AI could use it.

Is the another forum or discord where things are being worked on. I would like to lurk there if possible.

Edited by Allen262

6 hours ago, Allen262 said:

Feels like the internal map editor needs a update if possible.  It looks darn painfully slow to use.

Sounds promising. I would have been happy years ago when you first experimented with adding new units/building if there was a way to define what the AI should do with the new units/building. A BehaveLike= key that would hook the new units/building to the hard coded logic so the AI could use it.

Is the another forum or discord where things are being worked on. I would like to lurk there if possible.

It was impossible to get new units working correctly because there are too many hard-coded check on builtin unit IDs. Vessels added into the game wouldn't even render correctly because the turret offets are hard-coded for the existing vessels, in ASM it wasn't feasible unless I'd spend months reverse engineering pretty much all game logic into C++.

Now that we have the source code it's very easy to do.

• Upvote 1