Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Current version of Red Dawn is Red Dawn 2014

Last updated 5-29-20

Red Dawn 2014 is standalone like 2013 and still uses Iran Patch/Portable RA that added Hires and better compatibility for Vista and forward systems. Red Dawn 2014 dosen't differ to much from Red Dawn 2013 when it comes to single player missions. The most noteable change is Nod now uses secondary colors for all missions. Five new mission added and one fan made are now included in the game. Jungle theater by Tschokky added and used for five of the new missions.

Red Dawn Online has been merged with Red Dawn 2014. This mean online play on CnCNet 5 (old CnCNet 4 has been removed). Aftermath Game option is now Classic C&C option and when turned on the game will only use C&C95 units and buildings. The exceptions are the Missile Silo, Ship Yard, Gunboats and Tranport. The Missile Silo is needed as it is the only way for a Nuke to be made. The Ship Yard, Gunboats and Tranport are need for some RA1 maps most notable "Docklands (Medium)".

RAED (Map/Scenario Editor) has been updated to the version edited by Iran to use all 6 theaters. At this time the CnCNet 5 ra95-spawn.exe dosen't support the Jungle theater but I have updated the CnCNet 5 lobby's map preview generator so when/if CnCNet 5 updates the ra95-spawn.exe to use the Jungle theater things are ready to go.

System Requirements

Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 7. Launcher and configuration tool require the .Net 2.0 framework. I think you could run on Win95 to ME with out the Launcher and configuration tool by starting the game from the RA95.exe. You may be able to get it to work on Linux and Mac with tweaks. PortableRA's Linux and Mac tabs should be able to help http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/

GDI Hires

v5GB2X2.png

Nod Hires

XihVOlX.png

C&C Classic GDI9

dYRkmyR.png

C&C Classic Nod 11B

qOBadZr.png

CnCNet 5 Lobby

2CVBDxD.png

“Red Dawn 2014 Installer” Required For Play (49.06 MB)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apc3I0Sl1vNFctDgXQQsnUGIt1I?e=izf7sq

https://www.dropbox.com/s/099qbz4em3qpyb3/Red%20Dawn%202014%20Installer.exe?dl=0

Note if the game won't start trying deleting the wsock32.dll from the the game folder!

Full game with Terrain Editor (EDWIN) and C&C-RAED v1.26.

“Red Dawn 2014 Music Installer” Optional. (61.63 MB)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apc3I0Sl1vNFc7ylpxYNEVTBGro?e=w1ihpK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/konze9ii5p1u0sg/Red%20Dawn%202014%20Music%20Installer.exe?dl=0

35 music soundtracks from C&C95 and Covert Ops add-ons.

“Red Dawn 2014 Videos Installer” Optional. (179.83 MB)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apc3I0Sl1vNFdPHsUJ9p1QGzFX4?e=ktmgTT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh7ymqows0cxfki/Red%20Dawn%202014%20Videos%20Installer.exe?dl=0

Win and Lose movies for all missions plus some briefing.

Old Red Dawn 2012

I'm keeping support for Red Dawn 2012 as there is small change of systems out there that won't work with the Iran patch setup. Also it is a good source for modders looking for C&C 95 building and units that are already converted for use in RA1.

System Requirements

Windows 95, 98 2000, Me, XP, Vista or 7. You may be able to get it to work on Linux with tweaks. I tested Red Dawn on Win 7 however if it is not working on Vista or 7 you can try ddraw.dll by Hifi http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/#download has download link and configuration.

“Red Dawn 2012 Installer” Required For Play (75.76 MB)

http://www.ppmsite.com/downloads/C&C%20Red%20Alert%201%20Mod%20Red%20Dawn%20Mod%202012%20Main.exe

“Red Dawn 2012 Movie Installer” Optional. (165.84 MB)

http://www.ppmsite.com/downloads/C&C%20Red%20Alert%201%20Mod%20Red%20Dawn%20Mod%202012%20AVs.exe

"Red Dawn 2012 Covert Ops Music" Optional (29 MB)

http://www.ppmsite.com/downloads/Red%20Dawn%202012%20Covert%20Ops%20Music.exe

"Red Dawn 2012 Mission Bulider" Optional (21 MB)

http://www.ppmsite.com/downloads/Red%20Dawn%202012%20Mission%20Bulider.exe

Edited by Allen262

Ooh, nice, you made a big release of this :)

Nyerguds help me with the hex editing so I could get the tiberium to work in the theaters. Nyerguds help me again with making the mod work with TFD user and the installer it self.

Tiberium? There's no hex editing involved with tiberium... it's just shp files.

[edit]

Wait, that was acknowledgement, and not a question? Please learn to use past tense. I edited your post to fix it -_-

Also for this mod to work you will need to have Nyerguds Red Alert 3.03 patch. To do this you can download it from the link below.

The 3.03 patch is NOT MINE. Westwood made it. All I did was make an installer for it.

Ooh, nice, you made a big release of this :)

Tiberium? There's no hex editing involved with tiberium... it's just shp files.

Full release.

No quite, you were able to read the RA-1 error that was a palette loading code. I was geting it when I renamed temperat.mix to tempera!.mix but did not know I had to swich temperat.pal to tempera!.pal too. If you had not told me this there would be no tiberium at all.

Also you made "Red Alert: The Lost Files" had I never see it. I would have never know I could hex edit RA-1 to start with. "Red Alert: The Lost Files" was the key for me. With out it I'd still be scraching my head trying to make things work.

Wait, that was acknowledgement, and not a question? Please learn to use past tense. I edited your post to fix it -_-

I was late when I posted this... :-(

The 3.03 patch is NOT MINE. Westwood made it. All I did was make an installer for it.

Ture but you have many of the other fixes in it. That make it stand out as it own patch to me.

that first GDI mission remake needs a Destroyer though... the C&C1 gunboat is a missile ship :P

For the rest, the only thing that bothers me a bit is the bright green in the silos, while the tiberium on the crystals and in the refinery is yellow.

Oh, and the "Longbow" icon :P

that first GDI mission remake needs a Destroyer though... the C&C1 gunboat is a missile ship :P

Update the RA-1 gunboat with missles and the turret is from the Destroyer.

For the rest, the only thing that bothers me a bit is the bright green in the silos, while the tiberium on the crystals and in the refinery is yellow.

That one slipped by. :-/

Oh, and the "Longbow" icon :P

That happend because I was having one of those day were it was done coverting all the other and I was fine with "Longbow".

I'll have to rework all these thing. The icon souldn't be much, must do ingame name too but the Silo may be some of a pain.

Update pic attached.

Updated the silo in game image and icon. Changed "Longbow" icon to "Apache". Added helo blades to Orca icon so that matches in game Orca.

Silo_update.png.12e2e116adb1cb28ba414fd1f684d571.png

Overview of what you will find in the mod:

General supported list

Single Player campaigns plus ALL Counterstrike and The Aftermath mission. Skimish mode, You milage may vary with it.

From Command & Conquer 95 list

Units

Structures

Sounds

Music, 20 tracks. Counterstrike and The Aftermath expansions still use there RA-1 tracks

Ingame side bar and icon.

Videos: Win, loss and few brifs.

Command & Conquer Red Alert list

Units

Structures

Sounds

Music, Counterstrike and The Aftermath expansions only

Ingame side bar icons.

Videos: Win and loss.

From Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun list

In game EVA voice

Now for the Tech layout. * is Aftermath unit only.

TechLevel 1

Harvester

Rifle soldier/Minigunner

Power plant

Hand Of Nod

Barracks

Refinery

Storage silo

TechLevel 2

Rocket soldier

Grenadier

Sandbag wall

Guard Tower

Field medic

Fakes Construction yard

TechLevel 3

Humvee

Nod Buggy

Nod Recon Bike

Transport (ship)

Attack dog

Transport helicopter

Longbow attack helicopter

Ship yard

Sub pen

Weapons Factory

Attack dog training facility

Gun boat

TechLevel 4

Medium tank

Light tank

Gun turret

Engineer

Fake Weapons Factory

Service depot

Communications Center

TechLevel 5

Armored Personnel Carrier

Surface to Air Missile launcher

Submarine

Chain link fence

Fake Communications Center

TechLevel 6

Mobile artillery

MLRS Rocket Lancher

Flamethrower

Spy

Flame Tank

Infantry Fighting Vehicle Light/I.F.V.L*

TechLevel 7

Destroyer

Adv. Communications Center

Obelisk Of Light

Chemical Warrior*

Field Mechanic*

Chem. Tank*

Airstrike is available when Adv. Communications Center is built.

TechLevel 8

SSM Lancher

Commando

Adv. Guard Tower

Concrete wall

Advanced power plant

Adv. Light Tank

TechLevel 9

Mammoth tank

Mobile Construction Vehicle

Stealth Tank

Cruiser

Jammer Tower

Helipad

E.M.P Tank*

Missile Submarine*

Demolition Truck*

Mobile radar jammer/ mobile headquarters

Orca attack helicopter

TechLevel 10

Temple of Nod

Missile silo

Nuklear Strike is available when Missile silo is built.

Ion Cannon is available when Adv. Communications Center is built.

OS *XP,Vista or Win7* and what RA-1 do you have? *Free/Pay or TFD* Is it freezing ingame or at a the main game screen?

Is your RA-1 at 3.03? If your not sure. Start nomral RA-1 and it is listed under Exit Game at the main game screen. Like in the pic below.

RA1_main.png.1dab5ea657d9caa8671d8c714568dead.png

The screenshots and details looks really good, will check it out as soon as I have time and give you some feedback!

FYI. If you want other hostingsites you could always try RapidShare, Oron.com or Fileserve. Would reccomend Oron as it has the cleanest layout and even free users can download files at high speed.

Allen, ask Tore for a project page. I got one, and I wound up never even achieving anything. If you need help setting up a page, I'll help you. I know HTML and PHP. Well, I sort of use .ini files instead of MySQL, but it works all the same.

Also, is there a reason you can't use the TD pallets whole-hog? And the silo is 1x1? I think we'll have to get NyerHyper onto where the Silo's foundation type (is that what we'd be looking for?) is stored. Or find an appropriate unused 2x2 building.

Wait, wouldn't this work?

[FCOM]

Prerequisite=proc

Strength=300

Armor=wood

TechLevel=1

Sight=4

Owner=allies,soviet

Cost=150

Points=25

Power=-10

Storage=1500

Capturable=true

(Keeping in mind that I just opened TibEd, copied Silo's stuff, and put it under the Soviet Forward Command Center. I don't have this mod installed ATM, as RA doesn't want to run without a fight and I'm too tired lately.)

Allen, ask Tore for a project page. I got one, and I wound up never even achieving anything. If you need help setting up a page, I'll help you. I know HTML and PHP. Well, I sort of use .ini files instead of MySQL, but it works all the same.

Never work with web pages much.

Also, is there a reason you can't use the TD pallets whole-hog?

If I were to try to use the TD pallets it would mess up ALL terrain of the game.

And the silo is 1x1? I think we'll have to get NyerHyper onto where the Silo's foundation type (is that what we'd be looking for?) is stored. Or find an appropriate unused 2x2 building.

Wait, wouldn't this work?

[FCOM]

Prerequisite=proc

Strength=300

Armor=wood

TechLevel=1

Sight=4

Owner=allies,soviet

Cost=150

Points=25

Power=-10

Storage=1500

Capturable=true

(Keeping in mind that I just opened TibEd, copied Silo's stuff, and put it under the Soviet Forward Command Center. I don't have this mod installed ATM, as RA doesn't want to run without a fight and I'm too tired lately.)

I used the FCOM in my early build but the silo fill frames don't work work with FCOM or any other building but SILO. Plus FCOM is used in the campaigns, Counterstrike and The Aftermath missions.

Geting RA-1 to work XP:

On XP geting RA to work is not to hard. If you have old pay RA-1 first go to the RA-1 CD and set the Setup.exe to Win 95 compatibity. Do this too for Counterstrike and The Aftermath CDs. This will let the installer run. Once done get Nyerguds Red Alert 3.03 patch.

http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=45

Once you run Nyerguds patch Red Alert will run fine. The stock install from the disk won't run on XP at all. The 1.08PE patch will let RA-1 run if you set Win 95 compatibity on the RA95.exe. 2.00 and 3.03 patchs will run with no compatibity set on XP.

Geting RA-1 to work Win 7:

I had a hard time with Win 7 as Win7 don't run the old 16bit install from my old pay RA-1 Cds. So I first made a folder named "Westwood" in the C: drive. Than in the Westwood that I just made I made a folder named "RedAlert".

Then I copied all the file from folder named "INSTALL" in my old pay RA sovet disk and pasted them into the "RedAlert" Once done get Nyerguds Red Alert 3.03 patch.

http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=45

Once you run Nyerguds patch Red Alert will run fine.

EDIT:New pic.

You can see the Silo, Apache and Orca icons as before. Swiched back the Silo icon and added the C&C UFO for Snow and Temperate.

RA_update_2.png.8c6a0e6497e36aebabd55a6a4ef86cfc.png

It isn't Nyerguds' 3.03 patch though, he just made a great installer with optional fixes for it.

It looks like a great mod and you should get it hosted in my opinion. Oh, and it's "their" not "there" if you're using the word to indicate something possesive.

Like I said before

"Ture but you have many of the other fixes in it. That make it stand out as it own patch to me." Plus if I recall Nyerguds changed RA95.dat to not delete the conquer.eng on start up as the WW 3.03 patch dose.

Hosting would be nice but I don’t think it would be any use since I’m not going to do any big updates unless some one cracked the RA game so I can get some of the hard coded things fix. Adv Power Plant and Silo building foundations right. Get the Nuke to launch from Temple of Nod.  Plus away to add the Airstrip.

I would like to recode the map so that GDI is gold but doing 50 plus maps is not fun to do by ones self. If I could find a mapper to help than I would start remaping. If no bugs are found I’m going leave this as final tell as I said, RA-1 is cracked or a big bug is found. At this point I think there are no big bugs as the mod has 95 plus downloads and noting has been posted yet.

I wouldn’t mind if I could get the installer added here at cnc-comm to the downloads for RA-1

My grammar leaves much to be desired but I look at it this way. If you can correct me. You knew what I meant to say. Anyway… Is my grammar bad in the ReadMe? If it is the ReadMe that needs work I'll go over it. Post not so much.

How different are the .tmp files from TD to RA? I could have sworn they were the same format. If so, you could probably just copy in the .TMP files. Unfortunately, you'd probably have to redo the .SHP, but from what I've seen, .SHPs are much easier to work with than .TMPs.

Ingame they look the same but the are not the in same format or pallete.

To remake the terrain I would have to convert it like any C&C to RA shp. Make that shp back to a PCX. Take the PCX to a 16bit dos program that will make it to a TMP. Once I have the TMP I have to hex edit that TMP by hand.

ShadowDog: RA terrain contains more information, like passability, inside the tile itself, and no existing editor has that implemented, so all tiles you make for RA are passable unless you fix it with hex editing. So it's really tedious business.

Nyerguds, do you know where I can find the format for the .tmp formats of both games? I might be able to make a converter that changes the information and also converts it to a special version of the CnC palette that accounts for RA's remaps (unless they're the same values).