New Mission Map : Finnishing Moves (Allied Mission)

Concolor1

Author: Concolor1
Editor: FinalAlert2
Created:1st Oct, 2020

Name: Finnishing Moves
Size: 130 x 110
Players: 1
Theatre: Temperate

To play this mission:Red Alert2 Alied mission disc is required.(Unless you have the full game installed on your system.)
Extract the contents of the winzip file into your Red Alert2 Directory.Launch the game,select new campaign for the Allies.
The game will then launch.

-------------------------------------------------

Finnishing Moves
---------------
The Invasion of Finland is underway!

Location Kuhmo - Finland.

Info:Welcome to Finland commander, a country of verdant greenery and fresh water lakes. A country that shares a boarder, and that boarder is shared with Russia.
This is an area of contention. As it is in one such location in this sparsly populated region where the Soviet's have broken through.
At present they have just entered the piece of land which separates the two countries, a No-Man's-Land if you will. It is an area that is partitioned by mere wire fences and trees painted with yellow markers.
The Soviet's have breached those fences and flattened those trees in an all out drive to take control of the area.
Commander, such an incursion is no accident, these hostilities must be stopped. Even now the Soviet forces are building temporary bases and setting up defences as a staging area for their inevitable invasion.
Commander take control of the Allied forces in the area. Stop this Soviet offensive, destroy their bases and if possible infiltrate their battle lab. Steal their technology to use against them and destroy their bases and forces completely.
We have every faith that you will succeed in your mission - Good Luck!

Objective 1:Destroy the Southmost Soviet base.

Objective 2:Recruit a spy and infiltrate the Soviet Battle Lab.

Objective 3:Build a Psi Commando.

Objective 4:Destroy the Soviet Bases and forces in the area.

Hints and Tips: Build your base quickly and defend it well. Use the many resources on the map. Crates can often be found by destroying certain targets. Do not allow your Construction Yard to be destroyed.
Do not allow the Soviet Battle Lab to be destroyed before it has been infiltrated. This will also result in a fail.
Keep an eye on your Harvesters, they have a habit of wandering. (Ive allowed this by ore placement).
Search every corner of the map and look in every lake for hidden enemy units,  - Have Fun.

The best way Ive found is to build in this order, Power Plant, Barracks,(GIs), Ore Refinery 1, Ore Refinery 2, sell Ore Refinery 2, build Airforce Command then Patriot Missile defences, War Factory last, and so on. Send 2 tanks north, leave 2 south, just below your Conyard, reinforce both these tank groups with GIs, roughly 7-8. There are cash crates close by, good luck!

If your game doesn't end theres every chance that there is a Squid somewhere. Hint, there are 3 Squids in the map. Hunt them with a Naval Unit and some Prism tanks at the edge of the shore.
I went fishing with Tanya, and Chrono-sphered them onto land instead.

Known Bugs: The Fog of War was active in this mission, but I switched it off as there is every chance that any Rocketeers will be shrouded by this. Mind controlled units would also vanish and fail to reappear unless discovered. (Its only through constant play testing Ive found a number of bugs with FOW, so although it can be active I've switched it off. If you do choose to turn it on use the editor FA2). To find lost units simply cycle through your Units to relocate them, or keep them in a selectable team.(That's only if you decide to switch it on by ticking 'shroud', in the final alert editor).
(Fog of War isn't really for Red Alert2 its left over from Tiberian Sun, so you may see small graphical errors than vanish once in a while).
Other bugs. the Ai went haywire and started sending a steady stream on Engineers to a bridge north. (Think that's now been stopped), other bridges worked ok, but later found one of the middle bridge huts couldn't be destroyed. The other was fine, and an engineer did repair it. You may see a partial stream of engineers heading for bridge huts, this is due to A - A cloning vat, giving the same instruction to its clone, and B- the distance each bridge is from a barracks.( The Ai sends more out until the bridge is repaired.) The Engineers will go into the huts either way.

Ok so there u have it,
A RA2.CFS file has been added. This will overwrite any other RA2CSF.file which you may of installed in your 
RA2 Folder from previous downloaded missions.The file contains text which been altered in order to fit 
with the maps theme!

Explanation: The all01t.map file when placed in your RA2 folder preceeds the standard RA2 Allied game disc missions.
This means that the first mission played when the game is launched will be this mission. To restore your games
original first mission simply remove the all01t.map file from your RA2 folder.
The RA2.csf file contains the text for this mission, it also preceeds your game disc csf file. As above once you have
finished playing this mission remove the RA2csf.file. This also causes your game to revert to reading from the mission 
disc as opposed to reading data from the RA2 folder.

Various slight modifications have been added, all to keep in with this missions theme. The modifications will not alter your 
original RA2 game. Many of which came from McPwny, whom I owe this mission to, as I bugged him constantly with suggestions and problems, thanks for your patience with me.

Firstly a big thankyou to McPwny (as above), who has now taught me all about using Ai attacks. This has been a huge eye-opener and will add to your enjoyment of these maps. 
He's offered many suggestions, improvements and solutions to a great many questions. Thanks McPwny, your the key contributer to this and anything more that I decide to make. So the improved targeting by dreadnaughts, Kirovs and Ai scripting is down to McPwny, along with Bridge repair solutions, Flashing units,ai safe-distancing, play testing and a really useful debug tool.
Ive learned alot in these past few weeks, things Id never considered in previous projects, it makes for one complex but rewarding game.

Finally a big thankyou to the following people who have given so much
help in this field with their ideas and solutions......many have now moved on, but they're not forgotten.

Lion,(for originally hosting and supporting my work, a big thankyou for creating my own little section on his much loved and popular
site "RADEN" ----- Greatly missed website, think its archived somewhere.
DeeZire,(for those unsupported script actions in this mission and help with the finer modifications.ArgCmdr,(who also writes mission
maps,and took the time to explain how DeeZires script-actions,should be written.
Wildefire for all the help shes given me in the past.
The Map Guild,(thanks to everyone in the forums for suggestions and help, this site has now closed unfortunatly).
Cannis,Responsible for so much, in this mission note the ground shaking effects, well its his genius which gave birth to that idea, its also his "true", random triggers which enable the lightning strikes,on various maps I made making them truely unpredictable. I also want to mention the great webpage he made for my missions.

Dark Desolator,(for invaluable help in the forums and for explaining to my why neon green shows up as black text---doh!), I still value that
information even now..lol.
Roadxkill,(probably long gone by now).
RVMECH for his work in the RA2 community inspiring me with his own missions also for his latest work in creating downloadable script actions
which I used to incorporate my name and credits into the mapfile itself, thanks for that its a great bonus.
,for his support in getting my work posted to.
Cr@zyIvan & Miridor, can't leave them out.
ArgComdr, for driving me on when I sometimes lose interest.
Captdoom6,(for supplying the answers to the questions that I never asked).
Appokares,Silverfox,Subzero46,Wardead,Almyghty,Hinheir,CBWhiz,Benianka,Aircraftkiller2001,
and anyone else that I may of overlooked,thanks guys,a big thankyou also to the play
testers whos time was spent going over the mission,thanks for your time and patience guys.
Dark Sorpion, playtested this for me and informed me of a number of details which led to an improvement of the game, he also found the bugs..lol.
Many of the above have now gone, it being almost 20yrs, but some names you may well recognise, either way their contributions live on in every mission, thanks guys.

Finally thanks to Matze,for the FA2 utility,and the RA2 CSF Editor.
Also thanks to Olaf Van der Spek for the XCC utilities which I used to extract the md.csf file.
available at http://xccu.sourceforge.net/.
Thanks again to DeeZire http://www.deezire.net/deezire8.htm
ArgComdr's mission site http://yrarg.cncguild.net/
ra2ms2001's site www.mapmatrix.gamespage.com                           

https://web.archive.org/web/20130329124341/http://www.cncgames.com/maps_ra2missions.shtml

Missions            1> Signed & Sealed.       (Allied RA2)
                             2> Temporal Exposure.     (Allied RA2)
                             3> Soviet Stranglehold.   (Allied RA2)
                             4> Prisoner of Conscience.(Yuri   YR)
                             5> The Wolves of Winter.  (Soviet RA2)
                             6> Fierce Intent.         (Allied RA2)
                             7> Shock Tactics.         (Soviet RA2)
                             8> Dominance in Mind.     (Yuri   YR)
                             9> Weathering the Storm.  (Soviet RA2)
                            10> In Cold Storage.       (Allied RA2)
                            11> Identity Crisis.       (Yuri   YR)
                            12> Terminal Lunacy.       (Soviet YR)
                            13> Under Pressure.        (Allied RA2)
                            14> Robot Revolution.      (Allied YR)
                            15> Nuclear Winter.        (Soviet YR)
                            16> Last Post.             (Soviet RA2)
                            17> Day of the Desolators. (Allied RA2)
                            18> Engineered to Kill.    (Allied YR)
                            19> Jungle Fortress.       (Allied YR)
                            20> Company of Wolves.     (Soviet RA2)
                            21> End of an Era, pt1 & pt2 (Yuri YR)
                            22> Moon Madness (TX Expansion)
                            23> Siege (TX Expansion)    (Allied YR)
                            24> Wipe Out!              (Allied RA2)
                            25> Foothold               (Soviet RA2)
                            26> Viral Agent            (Yuri   YR)
                            27> Finnishing Moves        (Allied RA2)
                            28> ?????????

SCRN0066.jpg

SCRN0068.jpg

SCRN0070.jpg

SCRN0071.jpg

SCRN0072.jpg

SCRN0074 (1).jpg

Mini-Map Finnishing Moves.jpg

Finnishing Moves.zip

Edited by Concolor1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

How does it? Please explain, have you modified your Red Alert2 version. Its been played over and over for a month before release. I can't investigate it if you don't explain what occurred. My guess is that you've altered something in your RA2 folder. Nobody else who has played it has reported an error. 

• 4 weeks later...

Having just purchased RA2 on Origin, I’ve discovered your problem YosefAnan. I’m guessing you have the Origin version. It appears that the Origin folder for RA doesn’t like The csf file. The mission can be played without. You just wouldn’t get any text prompts, however the instructions/objectives are in the read-me anyway.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, Concolor1 said:

Having just purchased RA2 on Origin, I’ve discovered your problem YosefAnan. I’m guessing you have the Origin version. It appears that the Origin folder for RA doesn’t like The csf file. The mission can be played without. You just wouldn’t get any text prompts, however the instructions/objectives are in the read-me anyway.

Thanks, I will try it next time. ?

• 1 month later...

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks so much for making the maps.  I've played through almost all of them, and it's been fun.  Kept me pretty engaged, and it's really nice to have some new single-player stuff.
The squid hiding in the pond is pretty obnoxious though :snub:.  Looking forward to any new ones; generally a big fan of those where one can manage a base.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mr. Concolor1,

I have been looking for custom campaigns for a while, since I have already finished the engineer campaign. I guess I have come to the correct place :)

btw, no need to make allied missions. The Soviet Is Supreme. allied missions are usually too easy with rocketeers or harriers or ACC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Concolor1 said:

Rocketeers Buildlimit=0 ?

Next two are already made, one is Soviet v Soviet and the following one has no Rocketeers or Harriers anyway. 

what about mass prism tanks?

for me I never do campaign with prism tanks too cuz they are too OP. (in my Rules.ini I reduce their damage to 25/10 and 40/25 when elite)

instead, I invade and with destroyers and aircraft carriers xD

Edit: good thing you made each map alone, so feedback and discussion about that map will stay there on the same map.

Edited by MapDesigner
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...