may update and rebalance wtf

McPwny

Burg - Would You be inclined to make further updates in cncent with more functions much like the new "no spy, no france/yuri" etc?

"EligibileForAllyBuilding" would be a fun little addition to conventional gameplay 

I would suggest Separating the no France no Yuri so that they can have their own check box
This would mean you would need a new Gui or menu system

Would it be possible for you to add multiple types of balance patches? What about player created mods all loadable to any map on the menu? 
There is already a massive map menu, why not make a mods ini menu? We can vote the applicable rules .ini standards and people can format their rules accordingly

That way Ravage can have the rebalance patch as well as the Community patch - and modders can enjoy making awesome fun stuff

Edited by bbglas007
  • Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, burg93 said:

I didn't edit any of "your" maps as you don't own any maps in the ladder.

You did a very lazy edit of my Malibu Cliffs LE, which I made sure to edit in a way that keeps it look on par with Westwood's quality, then you break a cliff and add some sloppy ramp in there...

Your development process is not very effective as you refuse to work with others, see the previous Yuri Rebalance patch and see its lack of success. 

It was successful at release and targeted casual players, many of whom played with it always on with mod maps and normal maps.
Though you are not playing in low level casual games so you wouldn't know that, yet here you're claiming its lack of success as a fact based on statistics.

Your development process is not very effective as you refuse to work with others

I've been asking for people to play test maps and give feedback nearly every day for the past two years in Yuri's Revenge Discord server to the point it's become a meme. Don't make up lies.

The YRR 2.0 patch is a community effort, not driven by one person.

This is a good thing, too bad you couldn't just involve me in the process since the start instead of saying "Me and my friends are going to take stab at it" (And you can just sit and wait over there even though you've been working on it for past few years).

You were banned from the YR discord after excessive toxicity and flaming, funny you know that you were banned since actually you left then ultimately tried to rejoin as you usually do

First I was angry and flaming, then I tried to engage with you and your friends and I got trolled completely.
After that I was muted when trying to engage, yet you guys kept trolling.
I didn't "try" to rejoin, I was checking the ban. Being part of that toxic discord is traumatizing. 
Many other players have voiced their concerns for your handling of this specific matter and their agreeance with my stance on it.

Try and improve your communication skills without resorting to personal insults and you may help the community get better ?

That's a lot coming from you seeing as you just ignore the points people make and deflect my suggestions with "it's staying the way it is", "Community agreed on this" (yet who is this community?, you and 5 other players, mx, kireek, adam, zain, andy...). 
I've already helped the community get better on XWIS, here and many other non English C&C communities, so ride your high horse straight outta here.

1 hour ago, bbglas007 said:

Would it be possible for you to add multiple types of balance patches? What about player created mods all loadable to any map on the menu? 
There is already a massive map menu, why not make a mods ini menu? We can vote the applicable rules .ini standards and people can format their rules accordingly

Before I left I already set this into motion.
New game mods can be added through "game modes", similar to Battle, Standard, Megawealth, Landrush, each game mode can load an INI mod for the maps.
Making all maps playable on your mod. 
I already requested (nicely) to add my version of YRR as a game mode after Burg forcefully edited it, but he didn't even have the decency to reply after screwing me over.

It sounds like both of you love this game and have contributed a lot
I hope everyone can work peacefully and well together and try to work out the differences.

It sounds also like there could be a lot of accusations about game mechanics and playstyles amongst other things from both sides without evidence

I think both of you are doing great things but it saddens me to see such a divide within some of the highest level contributors
As a recent member looking in, I hope to see a strong community with consolidated efforts, not one that is divided and tearing itself apart from within; as the actions from the leaders set a precedent for those who are newly joining

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bbglas007 said:

That way Ravage can have the rebalance patch as well as the Community patch - and modders can enjoy making awesome fun stuff

This is an interesting idea! In fact, I don't really like all of these mods. But if there is already a rebalance patch, then why not organize competition between such patches from different authors. So that players can choose. And create a topic on the forum with a vote on which patch is better..

And so that these ini mods are loaded like new maps. And so that you can delete them in the menu.
Of course, I think that this is not so simple and will require a lot of work..

And I will once again remind you of some of the problems that no doubt need to be fixed. Moreover, not in a patch, but for the main game.

A bug with the elite flak trooper, that becoming weaker than the regular flak trooper.

It have to be:

[FlakGuyAAGunE]

Damage=20

--------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a problem with Yuri Prime in RA2 mode, which can control 10 units at a time, while in the original RA2 it can control only 1.
Definitely 10 controlled units is wrong, it makes the game run out of chance for the opposing side. The value in the original RA2 is correct.
Should be:

[SuperMindControl]
Damage = 1

--------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a problem with selling alliance units in cloning vats in RA2 mode. It is profitable. This shouldn't happen. The "Soylent =" parameters were corrected in rulesmd.ini, however, not corrected in rules.ini for RA2 mode.
Here it is necessary to bring the "Soylent =" parameters in accordance with the rulesmd.ini (YR).

[CLEG]
Soylent=750

[E1]
Soylent=100

[PTROOP]
Soylent=500

[SNIPE]
Soylent=300

[SPY]
Soylent=500

[TANY]
Soylent=500

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 7:39 PM, McPwny said:

okay but when are we going to talk about how this map, which is the pinnacle definition of the phrase "half assed", has made it into the list of official maps along with original westwood works and timeless masterpiece works of passionate mappers? 
image.thumb.png.24f9ba27f436e558109f2d9856f872e4.png

What exactly is so bad about the map? It looks fine to me. It appears to look relatively clean and balanced due to its symmetry. Not that asymmetrical maps are bad, but this one seems totally fine? Who cares if the cliffs are "straight lines", there's nothing wrong with competitive-oriented layouts and aesthetic...you want to play other maps then play other maps or feel free to delete this one if you hate it so much, nobody's forcing you to play it. 

To your other point, I actually kind of agree. The map pool needs to be organized better. A dedicated section of "CNCnet Community Favorites" or some shit like that, IDK. Easy for me to suggest I know, this kind of a thing will require adjustments to the UI. But I think it is a good solution. 

if you missed the point of  that it would be a disaster if everyone who spends an hour to slap together a map can get it official, then idk what to tell you. and frankly, being little more than a flat featureless map with buku money, ill go so far as to say i dont think it even adds anything to 'competitive gameplay' either

looks like burg and them have since been more careful picking maps, so the point of arguing this now is moot.

• Upvote 2