Tiberian Dawn - On The Down Low (single player)

On The Down Low

Nod mission

62X59 Desert theater

scb80ea

-------------------

Mission Description

-------------------

GDI has discovered our Technology Center, where we have secretly developed

our new Stealth Tank, and commenced bombing it into oblivion.  Destroy

the GDI Communications Center to stop the airstrikes, paving the way for our

counter-offensive. You must save at least 1 of our Stealth Tanks to bring

to production or you fail.  Avenge the Brotherhood and smash the GDI presence!

The first part of the mission is based on the stealth tank's ability to avoid detection and the rest is a pretty straight up base mission.  Watch out for A-10's searching for other targets once your stealths re-cloak!  Originally designed for my "Tiberian Dawn for Pros" campaign that I havent gotten around to finishing.  This was meant to replace Nod mission 11. 

-------------------

Please let me know if you find any bugs.  Comment if you love it or hate it, your feedback helps!

ontheDL.zip

000pic01.png.d11cb82539b175ac6ed00432525247ec.png

000pic02.png.8571613a20554360528c6cd87b938223.png

000pic03.png.77fd531c411e2d36023de88c624c910b.png

Yeah, I love the original missions and there's some real doozies in there but it seemed they never really fully utilized some of the units capabilities in any important way, i.e. the stealth tank.  Also, I was always annoyed how Nod had so few missions with a base but I guess it makes sense with them being a terrorist organization and all.  Oh, and as for the screenshot, if the stealth were one space higher then the enemy units start moving in; maybe because they're set to AREA GUARD or something.

Mission 11A is the most dificult mission of Nod in my opinion. That gunboat really is a pain, and the airstrikes always destroy the Tech center unless I put a soldier at the North-West stuff (You know what i'm talking about :D)

They carpet bomb all my men before i get to that bit :(

what if you simply didnt capture the centre until the end of the level?

they wouldnt carpet bomb it then would they?

You also wouldn't be able to build stealth tanks.

That doesnt seem to make any difference to me, I only use the damn things for scouting anyway

And besides, having done the first bit faster, i did the level without capturing the thing, by cutting off all their harvesters and rushing the base with flame tanks..

the other thing is that every time they carpet bombed your communications centre, the research lab automatically repaired, making it easy.

Finishing the campaign afterwards was a piece of cake :D

yeah, no doubt.  I don't even bother attacking the computers harvesters anyways-- its sort of the easy way out ;). Thats why when I make these missions I give the computer an absurd amount of money so there's no starving them out. I think in 11a you can just take over their con yard really easy anyways and destroy their power.  Then I build apaches and toy with them!

by cutting off all their harvesters

you better not mean sandbagging, because then, in my opinion, you never finished the mission :P

No i sat around outside their base with Light Tanks and Flame tanks

When they kept dying I base crawled (correct term?) and stuck a couple obelisks there

problem solved! :D

Also I was not aware of any sandbag/wall glitches on C&C, I just played the game normally.

When they kept dying I base crawled (correct term?) and stuck a couple obelisks there

problem solved! :D

Also I was not aware of any sandbag/wall glitches on C&C, I just played the game normally.

No, base crawling was exactly what I was referring to. It's lame. Learn to win with real armies. :dry:

• 2 years later...

Yeah, 1 Obelisk and 1 turret pretty much solves all problems, once your in... I actually make SAMs in the base, also. Put them above the con yard, and the A-10s will actually try and strike the SAMs, lol.

Stealth tanks are AWESOME on that particular mission. You can sneak up the side and snipe the con yard etc.

I find, once you're in the base, it's super easy.

-Liam

• 2 years later...