CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Finalsun beginner questions

Hello everyone! I just found out about finalsun and I'm excited to start trying to map some multiplayer maps. I looked online and in the forum some and the best tutorial I found was by lucasSK. I looked through that but it looked more like definitions of things in finalsun instead of.."you should do this first followed by this etc.."

Does anyone know of a more step by step guide?

Also, is there a way to start off with a preexisting map like firestorm and edit that map specifically?

Lastly, should do I need to download any other files besides finalsun?

Thank you for any help y'all can give to point me in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has their own mapping style, thus its kind of hard to say what should be done first when mapping 😛

On 7/26/2021 at 10:56 PM, Aquaman183 said:

Also, is there a way to start off with a preexisting map like firestorm and edit that map specifically?

You can pull the map from the game files.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:56 PM, Aquaman183 said:

Lastly, should do I need to download any other files besides finalsun?

Origin Tiberian Sun, or grab TS Client (by Rampastring)

Glad you liked the tutorial tho, feel free to reach out to me on Discord if you need more help!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rocker219
      Hello,

I will be buying the cnc collection once I get my laptop and before that I was wondering where I could find out how to do this? Hard to navigate on my phone so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction :)
    • By Mavirregular
      I'm having trouble getting the maps to show up in the Tiberian Sun Client. From what I can understand, all I do is simply drop the map in the "custom maps" folder and select the "custom maps" game mode to play them but nothing happens when I do this. Oh and the map is in .map format.
    • By MaxCross
      Hello, I'm new at modding, and I'm trying to move units between mods. For example, I'd like to add the vanilla Wolverine to Twisted Insurrection. I know that I have to move the Rules.ini and the Art.ini entries, and how those are linked, but I don't know where the graphics are stored and how they're linked to the ini files I know about. I couldn't find a guide explaining how all the various elements of a unit's definition are linked together, is there a chart or guide out there that explains that?
      Thank you.
    • By RJC95
      I recently downloaded Tiberian Sun and Firestorm. I was mostly doing so to play the campaign and skirmish modes. I installed them on my laptop and my wasn't told that there were any issues with the installation of either of them. I clicked to play the main game and my user account control pops up and asks me if I want to let an unknown publisher make changes to my device so I click yes. Instead of the menu popping up after loading for a few seconds, literally nothing happens at all. I then, click on the firestorm launcher and the menu the has singleplayer, skirmish, map editor, about options, etc. pops up, but when I click single player, I get the same user account control message. After clicking yes, literally nothing happens AGAIN! Is there something I didn't install properly or need to add to my computer to make these downloads work? I'm fairly new to playing this game this way(my discs dont work because theyre not compatible with Windows 10 😠 ). What possibly could be causing this issue? Any help I receive is greatly appreciated
    • By Melerik
      got a problem. at the end of the summary after nod mission 2 on firestorm expansion, screen goes black, whole computer crashes, and i have to hard restard my laptop. Anyone know a fix for this?