Tiberium Flux mod

ROB

EDIT 8/7/2013

I'm in for the long haul on this one. 9 Missions are near completion for allied campaign. 12 or 14 will be the final count. Its a long process getting a mission to work as fully intended, Red Alert is very quirky sometimes. The Story line needs a bit of refinement and development. Thus far it involves an alternate timeline where Nod or GDI never came to be. Yet the Tiberium meteor still crashed in 1995 and became a valuable resource. The missions will involve a Allied/Soviet war in a Tiberium landscape. I only have the 1st Soviet mission complete and have to start from scratch for the rest.

The Mod itself is probably 95% complete, a few things still need tweaking. I have a move coming up IRL in about 2 weeks so that will take some time to overcome. I also want to write a big user manual for it, also time consuming. I decided to keep game statistics mostly unchanged. I realized that people still play RA and C&C because something is preserved that modern games don't have, so why mess with a good thing too much? What I did do is give the Soviets a light armor class that's slightly inferior to Allied light armor, but Soviet heavy armor is still Superior. No ETA for release, but when it is, it will be a HUGE release. There will probably be no further updates in this topic. I'll open a new topic for the release.

EDIT 7/30/2013

mod name chosen: tiberium flux. mission work progressing. 8 completed for allies. 2 started for Soviet.

EDIT 7/26/2013

Re-covered tons of older missions I have made over the past 12 years, I plan to adapt them into a campaign. Mod rebalanced and statistics changed to be more like traditional RA and C&C. Since desert and winter terrain will not work with Arda, I may replace the temperate or snow theater with desert or winter tiles. Likely will replace snow with desert, if it works.

EDIT 7/22/2013

7 Missions complete. Discovered Arda's "ability" to add mini campaigns is completely broken and I will have to overwrite the Red Alert missions. Story changed, Mod is now a Tiberium War involving Allies and Soviets, a new twist.

EDIT 7/19/2013

Download link removed after 24 hours. 5 Allied solo missions complete.

EDIT 7/18/2013

Mod framework complete. Beta testing begins before next phase.

Standalone, download and play. Launch the Game through Arda titled Launcher.exe

Please reply to this topic with feedback.

Next Phase:

Solo Mission Campaigns: Several missions created specifically for the mod. Many other missions are complete that need adjusted to work with the mod.

Skirmish Maps: Making new maps to work better in skirmishes. More building area, more water, terrain advantages.

EDIT 7/8/2013

Mod is in rework currently. Next release will be portable and standalone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I should have stated, not compatible with single player due to drastic unit changes. Wouldent be right. Shojldent crash though. Must be arda cause that crashes on stock sinhle player for me often.

To add fcom make is just fcommake.shp if you have the animation.

Yes everything is more expensive, but you make more credits too.

Oh I more releass note I forgot. The command center is a mobile command center for base expansion. You can build it very far from base but for a huge power cost.

I made that FCOM buildup animation. It was made for PuMa²'s Red Alert: Revolution :P

hcenmake_2.gif

Still got the orange cube cutout I used as basis for the transformation.

ODn3P.png

[edit]

Yep. and the radar dish, which is from RA2SW, was also made into SHP by me, and I made the buildup for it. I also remember making that Rocket Launcher with the fixed turret, and adding the shadow to that sonic tank thingy.

radar_3.gif

I had a feeling it was you who made that buildup. Yeah I don't think he(puma)  has a site or anything for revolution.  That was almost 10 years ago :P time flys. I meant to credit that radar dish in documentation, looking back I forgot quite a few things.

I made that FCOM buildup animation. It was made for PuMa²'s Red Alert: Revolution :P

hcenmake_2.gif

Still got the orange cube cutout I used as basis for the transformation.

ODn3P.png

I wish there's a build up animation with a soviet or allied logo for this one. But for the meantime I think I'll be getting this one.

EDIT: How were you able to make those things like that Nyerguds?

You extract the FCOM.shp into a format that "Panit Shops" cans use. Open the FCOM 000.png than start working backwards 1 frame at at time. Also most of the "buildup" frame will be in grayscale.

Also I have yet to look at this mod ingame but I did see alot of Image= and Name= in the rules.ini. Did ARDA make these tags/keys stable? Using them in stock RA1 will make the game randomly crash.

The only name tags I used we're in the ants that I remember unless I forgot to delete some cause I was using a few before I did conqer.eng. I haven't had any random crashes with those 3 tags.

You extract the FCOM.shp into a format that "Panit Shops" cans use. Open the FCOM 000.png than start working backwards 1 frame at at time. Also most of the "buildup" frame will be in grayscale.

Nailed it.

I usually only use grayscale for the sections that change to house colour at the end, though.

I think in order to stop the game crash you should put ";name removed to stop game crash" in the ANTS 1,2, and 3 of your Rules.INI like what Allen did to his Red Dawn.

; is comment. You never 'need' to put that anywhere.

(on a related note, as far as I know, C&C's ini reading system doesn't actually ignore comment lines. They just become keys it doesn't know)

I'm not sure how C&C dose it keys as well but if Name= is not commeted out with ; the game will crash.

But since BOB isn't geting random crashes it looks like ARDA may have made both keys stable or at lest more stable than stock RA.

So, has anyone played yet? Opinions? Feedback? I uploaded to CNC NZ too, no responses there. There seems to be a little hype on Blue Hell Productions though. Anyone know another good place I could advertise? I thought MODDB but theres already tons of dead RA mods there.

• 4 weeks later...

Solo missions are in work. I have 3 complefe and am working on 2 more. They are paced fastee than ra missions, I'm thinking just 8 for each side. Is anyone interested in testing?

I am interested to see how some of the units look. Any screenshots available?