Final Alert 2 tutorial - How to write a text trigger without "Missing" - and proposal

YosefAnan

In this video, I show you how to make the text without "missing" word appear for campaign maps, this feature is just for campaign maps. Download the program and the file to edit your own text:
Download

comment-Missing_text.thumb.JPG.72a800c975fb494c29eff4794be0cae5.JPG

My comment:

Listen, my friend, I have always wanted there to be a solution for all of us, the issue of writing and the appearance of a missing word bothers us all and we all want to write texts and large sentences. Perhaps we can create a council of mappers and agree on certain texts that are comprehensive and general that we can use frequently, add them to the script, and ask the support team to upload them on the server and be available to all mappers as an online index. 

@Grant @[CC] RaVaGe

What do you think about my proposal?

Please note there is a method of doing this for multiplayer / skirmish maps in the current Beta build using ares and Phobos. The map being played in this video is of my creation in an online lobby. 

The timer, wave text triggers and all newly added buildings/units that have new names all use the “NOSTR:” prefix which is an ares extension.

1 minute ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

Do you mean we can add text triggers to the maps, without the need of adding/modify the game original string files?

With ares and Phobos beta yes. You just have to put “NOSTR:” infront of any text trigger but it’s still limited to the 31 character limit if I remember correctly 

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2024 at 9:53 AM, YosefAnan said:

Listen, my friend, I have always wanted there to be a solution for all of us, the issue of writing and the appearance of a missing word bothers us all and we all want to write texts and large sentences. Perhaps we can create a council of mappers and agree on certain texts that are comprehensive and general that we can use frequently, add them to the script, and ask the support team to upload them on the server and be available to all mappers as an online index. 

@Grant @[CC] RaVaGe

What do you think about my proposal?

Great idea, how do we start?

On 1/8/2024 at 8:59 PM, RAZER said:

With ares and Phobos beta yes. You just have to put “NOSTR:” infront of any text trigger but it’s still limited to the 31 character limit if I remember correctly 

As @RAZER mentions here - when we eventually merge in Beta, it will be available.