PortableRA beta released!

Tore

Before the popup window that saying "Instruction at <memory address> tried to access address 0x00000000. Press 'OK' to terminate the application." There should a popup asking you to find the ra95crash.dmp in the REDALERT Folder and give it to Iran.

Find that ra95crash.dmp and posted it so Iran can see why RA crashed.

Is it possible to fix this bug that me and my friends come across often?

Something like this:

First, RA crashes. It shows a popup window that says something like "Instruction at <memory address> tried to access address 0x00000000. Press 'OK' to terminate the application."

Actually, ALL game crashes look like that, and the <memory address> part you indicated is usually what determines which bug it is.

See, that's actually an instruction addresses, meaning, it's the actual game code executed by the computer that caused the crash. Crashes with different instruction addresses are usually different bugs.

As Allen said, the crash dump should give us a more complete view on the problem, but overall, don't skip over that instruction address when reporting an error; it's pretty much the only important part of that error message.

The ra95crash.dmp in the REDALERT Folder. If the ra95crash.dmp is not there what verson of RA are you using? Just about every Iran RA95.exe will save a ra95crash.dmp and the ra95crash.dmp dose not get deleted before each game or really ever unless you delete it.

The verson is listed below and to the right of Exit Game. See screen shot below.

RA_Tile_and_Verson.png.e81f846f7521c393156a98a208715a9d.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, next time I get that error, I will post the dmp file here. I use PortableRA

New question,

Command line arguments. What are they? I know CnCnet uses -LAN, and the RedAlertLauncher.exe probably does too to go to the ant missions. Could someone give me a list of them?

BTW - I am making a simple launcher myself just to see how to use it.

The stock Ant Missions are SCA01EA.ini to SCA04EA.ini and are found on the CounterStrike CD Main.mix > General.mix

This is how you can turn the Ant Mission into a liner campaign (no map selection screen).

The game will let you use up to SCA01EA.ini to SCA10EA.ini. This will give you a 10 mission liner campaign. I used it in Red Dawn. (The SCA prefix was used in C&C 95 but it is not a left over in the RA code as SCA prefix was not added tell CounterStrike V1.07/V1.08.)

Jacko say that you can get up to 20 misson by use of SCA##EB.ini. With this you can build up to a 20 mission liner campaign. I haven't tested this but it should as the Allied campaign dose use this logic to move from Allied 10 outside (SCG10EA.ini) to Allied 10 inside (SCG10EB.ini)

SCA01EA.ini < Mission 1

SCA01EB.ini < Mission 2

SCA02EA.ini < Mission 3

SCA02EB.ini  < Mission 4

|

SCA09EA.ini  < Mission 17

SCA09EB.ini  < Mission 18

SCA10EA.ini  < Mission 19

SCA10EB.ini  < Mission 20

In the [basic] part of the map is SkipMapSelect= make sure this say SkipMapSelect=yes as RA has no map selection screen for any thing but the stock campaign. All of your SCA maps must have this. The last mission must have OneTimeOnly=yes. OneTimeOnly=yes tells the game to take you back to the title screen once you have won the last misson.

All CounterStrike (but for Ant Missions) and Aftermath maps use SkipMapSelect=yes and OneTimeOnly=yes. You should also use them on any mission that will appear in Custom Missions (CMU101EA.INI to CMU999EA.INI).