Well I got the Freeware version of TibSun and...

GDICommander

Question

It states it requires a disk... and this is after I installed the 2.03 patch to it. I might not be some tech guru but I know that freeware isn't supposed to do that. Now I'll try to use my beat up First Decade disk but I know it wouldn't hold any promises.

If others have this problem, please tell me your solution.

10 answers to this question

Now let's see what that does.

The only reason I'm playing TibSun again is because there is this mod called TibSun Retro that I want to play with but requires 2.03 Firestorm. :(  :mad:  :(

EDIT: IT FLIPPING WORKS! IT WORKS! [que angelic choir]

EDIT 2:

Now I got a CTD... :( life hates me so.

Uhmm any freeware release of TS has the 2.03 patch installed. No need to patch it.

Now I got a CTD... :(  life hates me so.

Did you get an internal error? When did you get a CTD? If you got an internal error there should be a file called except.txt in the TS folder, zip that and upload it here.

Uhmm any freeware release of TS has the 2.03 patch installed. No need to patch it.

Now I got a CTD... :(  life hates me so.

Did you get an internal error? When did you get a CTD? If you got an internal error there should be a file called except.txt in the TS folder, zip that and upload it here.

It was in mid-skrimish, with the mod TibSun Reborn (latest version) online.

EXCEPT_ATN_TS203FW.zip

I downloaded the Tiberian Sun installer from http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41 which is excellently packaged and very convenient to use. Also noticed many rendering glitches in the game especially with SHP overlays. Not sure if that is an original bug introduced by EA pushing Westwood to "fuck it, let's release" without proper QA or if it is the new DirectX 11 on Windows 7 together with some wonky compatibility mode. The game speed as well as the scroll rate seems to have some trouble with modern hardware. It will only crash under Linux with Wine (just when I finished the mission *gnaargh*) quite a lot, but that is no wonder. I also have never heart of the abbreviation of CTD as every game should only throw an exception if something goes wrong. Only extremely horrible code will lock up the entire kernel and crash the whole operating system.