1 time unit(/value) = 5 sec? and other trigger problems

this just doesn't seem true, i set the value to 1000 and the trigger still happens not long into the mission.

also i'm having an issue with the Unit destroyed trigger, i'm trying to make the trigger that after you kill a number of units another patch of reinforcments would arrive for the person that got the units destroyed, but they simply arrive at once, same for the win trigger you win the mission when they arrive

C&C 95 or RA1?

C&C 95

1 time unit is one minute on middle game speed, if I remember correctly.

If this is about C&C1, note that Time triggers can be somewhat dodgy depending on what side is set as its owner

i usually play at the setting before the fastest, how much is 1 time unit for that?

After all that I just can't for the life of me find how to measure C&C95's game speed, I thought it was 16ms delay, then 20; but It seems to fluctuate a lot in all sections and I can't find a single variable to depend upon.

hmm... I'm intrigued by this topic as I have a mission that I'm building where this timing is crucial.  I have the player's hovercraft reinforced at 0 time units and the enemy's hovercraft right behind it at 4 time units.  It works perfectly on my computer, but I'm worried these time units may be different on other machines.  This is crucial because if it works differently on yours than mine, the mission may be impossible (since you must evade their commandos).  No matter what my gamespeed is, here's how it's supposed to look:

LQKuE9o.png

the mission isn't done yet, but I'd appreciate it if some of you guys could try it out to test the consistency... thanks!

download below!

commando_test.zip

I set it one below the fastest, but it doesn't matter really as they are reinforced when I'm at the same spot no matter what the gamespeed.  I just want to make sure it's the same on everybody's comp.  And celltriggers would have them reinforced too late as I need them to come in before I reach the shore.

I wouldn't worry about it effecting multiplayer so much, since even if there are variations in the ticks, each client will just wait for the confirmation to go the next frame anywho.

Interesting idea for a  map tho, would like to try it.

I don't know man, that seems to screw things up pretty badly... I'm perfectly happy with the time trigger as long as it works the same on everyone's computer.  That's what I'm asking people to test!  You could even put a 'discovered' trigger and attach it to a civilian structure on the shore to set off the reinforcements, but that's unnecessary and possibly might lead to the same problem of the Hovercraft doubling up like that.

For some reason this is what the 'player enters' trigger results in:

commando.png.67359bd5d70b57121d81ec7d6b805f2c.png

Wait,

I'm not telling you to change, I was suggesting it, if it would be a direct solution (which is not).

Then, I went on trying just to find out if the celltrigger would work on water with the hovercraft+rmbo.

If the time trigger is satisfying, you should keep it.

On my end, everything ok, speed bar is in the fifth position, btw.

I set it one below the fastest, but it doesn't matter really as they are reinforced when I'm at the same spot no matter what the gamespeed.  I just want to make sure it's the same on everybody's comp.

Why wouldn't it work the same on other people's PCs? It's the same game running the same mission...  O_o

The hovercraft reinforce logic may be a bit odd, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work exactly the same way on your PC and on others. And it's completely and utterly unrelated to game speed.

since MattAttack's question has been answered(i think) and i don't want to start another thread i got a different question.

out of 98 build types(15 of them being campaign and 99 being civilian) is there a build level that allows to build chinooks but no other multiplayer unit(like SSM,Commando and others), i don't really fell like checking them all 1 by 1 if it even exists.

Umm... nothing. You can technically go up to buildlevel 2.147.483.648, but that doesn't mean the 2.147.483.549 ones above 99 have a function or meaning. 98 and 99 were just chosen by the Westwood programmers to mean, respectively, non-campaign-buildable stuff, and special stuff that should never be built. They were just chosen to be easy to remember. That is all.

And, most likely, this decision was made before the campaigns were fully finished, meaning they made sure these two special values were high enough so they would never conflict with the campaign levels.

Umm... nothing. You can technically go up to buildlevel 2.147.483.648, but that doesn't mean the 2.147.483.549 ones above 99 have a function or meaning. 98 and 99 were just chosen by the Westwood programmers to mean, respectively, non-campaign-buildable stuff, and special stuff that should never be built. They were just chosen to be easy to remember. That is all.

And, most likely, this decision was made before the campaigns were fully finished, meaning they made sure these two special values were high enough so they would never conflict with the campaign levels.

oh i see, i guess i just use level 98 then as you are playing as GDI and commando's aren't the best thing in the mission