Invisible chinook

Riseofbane

Telepathy tells me he is referring to the comm-center in the middle of the screen, in the 1st SS => Closer to it, down left.

The 2nd SS, idk.

Nyerguds,

btw, "JPG is dead" wouldn't be too much?

I mean, DeviantArt is an art portal with 27 million artists / 200 million images, and they use mostly JPGs (http://help.deviantart.com/137/).

I'm not saying they are right, but it's far from dead.

In TD however, certainly ctrl+S in DDraw is the best option.

In the second, you see the shadow of the rotors of the flying chinook, more to the left, between the Temple and the cliffs of the mountain thingy the comm center is on. But yeah, he should've indicated them.

Anyway, what caused this? Is this a bug, or what happens when a chinook meets a stealth crate, or what? I need more context here... this topic is pretty useless without context.

Nyerguds,

btw, "JPG is dead" wouldn't be too much?

I mean, DeviantArt is an art portal with 27 million artists / 200 million images, and they use mostly JPGs (http://help.deviantart.com/137/).

I'm not saying they are right, but it's far from dead.

I'm just saying, it should be dead, in this age where file size matters very little. It needlessly degrades images, and on certain types of artwork, jpeg even takes more space than png, since png handles large areas of the same colour a lot better in its compression. All people who still use jpeg these days do so out of sheer ignorance.

Anyway, what caused this? Is this a bug, or what happens when a chinook meets a stealth crate, or what? I need more context here... this topic is pretty useless without context.

Rotors just dont cloak. When a chinook or apache is landed near a stealth crate when it goes off, this happens.

we were basically searching for crate that would give stealth ability, but it is impossible to touch the crate with any air units.

But the stealth crate has the radius and it can make multiple units invisible as long as they are within the radius, so we found one and touched the crate w/ ground unit after putting the air units near.

Shampie got one luckily and he was asking if the chinook was fully invisible. But as shown in ss, the shadows can be seen while flying and the propella is visible while idle on the ground.

• 4 weeks later...

not as funny as on RA where I made a crates map which included stealth.

I had 3 stealth mammoths XD

friend's reaction when they appeared (we were playing at college) was 'OMG where did those tanks come from???!'

Classic.

if SAM's(and other anti-air units) do not trigger when a stealthed chinook passes by then this is more annoying than the stealth apc

Propably it won't detect the helicopter. It needs to get near of an unit with some kind of stealth detection. Maybe going over an SAM site make it detect the chinook, or passing over an infantry. Maybe WW never took in consideration about an invisible helicopter :P

not as funny as on RA where I made a crates map which included stealth.

I had 3 stealth mammoths XD

friend's reaction when they appeared (we were playing at college) was 'OMG where did those tanks come from???!'

Classic.

i was thinking of making my friends play RA(we got an awesome computer teacher that allows us to do anything we want after we do everything we need too, usually our teacher opens up a server and we play some random multiplayer games together) maybe i should make a map for them, and look for stealth crates lol

you have to edit the rules yourself to get crates because the logic and code is included but not used.

My crates is a version where you get just a ranger and you have to look for crates rather than getting an mcv and building a base