Your favorite Tiberian Dawn (C&C1) mission

Tore

Nod Mission 5: Heh, building the SAM site is a... Lose of time? I was doing a speedrun in C&C and I got stuck there because i sold the CY wihout building it :P

GDI Mission 11: A tip that I can give to you, Jacko:

- When your Granadiers come from the sea, aim the tank on the right, not the turrets.

- When your CY come, send it to the far Right, and undeploy it near of the tiberium field. Wach out for the bazookas.

- quickly do 2 refinerys, guard towers, and some more granadiers. Flame tanks wouldn't attack you if you rain them with granades. You can do bazookas for a bigger damage.

- Build a Weapons Factory and do some medium tanks for protection.

- Build some hum-vees and a APC, put some granadiers inside, and rush the Enemy base. it is at the north, Delphi is behind the base, a wall do not allow you to access'em. Use the Hum-Vees to distract the obelisk, while the APC get inside the base, and the granadiers destroy the wall.

- A Helicopter will come. Send Delphi inside it, and you are done.

On GDI Mission 9: Nah, I've engineered rushed at the first time I played trough the backdoor. just destroy the Artillery there.

The crate ideia was nice, but westwood is well know for it's bugged stuff :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, the briefings of the Nod mission 10 kind of suggest that the outcome of each mission may affect the availability of Mammoth tanks or the Ion Cannon to the GDI later on (especially when Kane says "They haven't started production yet and they won't if you continue to meet expectations and maintain your performance" in the mission to destroy Mammoth prototypes), but I'm not sure if this was ever actually implemented. Would've been cool (well, they did that sort of thing in TS).

As far as I know, the only thing like that was the special code for mission #6, where the building you bombed wasn't there at the start of mission #7.

BTW, Nyer, returning to the score question, how does mission time factor into it (if at all)? My impression was that the score is calculated as Leadership * Mission Number + Efficiency * Mission Number.

I have no idea. The information I got is purely from observation, not from looking into the code.

...no, the objective is to capture the Orca, secure it (so, in other words, take over or destroy the rest of the base), then fly the Oca across the river and destroy a village with it, so the poor villagers will think GDI attacked them :)

It's an elaborate PR mission, really.

GDI Mission 11: A tip that I can give to you, Jacko:

- When your Granadiers come from the sea, aim the tank on the right, not the turrets.

- When your CY come, send it to the far Right, and undeploy it near of the tiberium field. Wach out for the bazookas.

- quickly do 2 refinerys, guard towers, and some more granadiers. Flame tanks wouldn't attack you if you rain them with granades. You can do bazookas for a bigger damage.

- Build a Weapons Factory and do some medium tanks for protection.

- Build some hum-vees and a APC, put some granadiers inside, and rush the Enemy base. it is at the north, Delphi is behind the base, a wall do not allow you to access'em. Use the Hum-Vees to distract the obelisk, while the APC get inside the base, and the granadiers destroy the wall.

- A Helicopter will come. Send Delphi inside it, and you are done.

Thanks for the tips, however i decided that instead of moping aroud trying to mak money the first thing i did was make a refinery and then a weapons factory and just spawn a few medium tanks before doing anything else. Then i simply wiped out the Nod base and rescued the guy.  :P

Also i found the remaining missions quite easy, especially in the last one where they run out of power simply by capturing the first base.