Windows 7 Desktop Theme Packs

Commander A9

Question

Has anyone gotten the theme packs from Tiberian Sun, Tiberian Dawn (and hell, let's throw Renegade in here, since it had one) to work with Windows 7?

And by 'work,' I mean have then accessible in the Windows theme menu. I installed them, yet can't see them. Understandably, they were designed for XP and older OSes...

7 answers to this question

This is an old thread, but I cannot get the theme pack for cnc1 to work on windows 7. After install, when I try to apply the theme I just get a message that say "cannot apply theme. Try another" Any idea's on how I can get this to work, or am I doing something wrong?

This is an old thread, but I cannot get the theme pack for cnc1 to work on windows 7. After install, when I try to apply the theme I just get a message that say "cannot apply theme. Try another" Any idea's on how I can get this to work, or am I doing something wrong?

I used this theme pack on my Windows 7 64bit before, but I had to do it manually by going into

• Start -> Control Panel -> Mouse (and changing each individual cursor)
    Right-click desktop -> Personalize (to change the wallpaper and sounds)

which took a long time. There is probably a proper way to do it but I don't know how. Also, if I remember correctly, the screensavers never seemed to work on Win 7.

Alternatively, there are much better C&C theme packs that can be found at ModDB:

http://www.moddb.com/groups/command-conquer-westwood-fans-ea/downloads

where you can find some pretty cool C&C theme packs. Just a heads up though, some of the cursors and sfx can be a little annoying after a while so you might have to re-arrange or completely remove some of them :D. The theme files are stored in:

• C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

That link also has a lot of other cool C&C related stuff.

I put the ones i found in a .rar file here.

extract with winrar, winzip or that 7zip program.

there is 1 windows 10 theme. i wanted to see if i can find a way to get it working with windows 7. i never tried it and it even says use at your won risk or something like that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Okbt-jOyj2HFGdYSOKOpq8yd2cQKrln8

i added photos to mine too, so i have more backgrounds. when you have the theme window open, click on desktorp and drag and drop anything background pics you downloaded and check mark them or as these new school noobs call it, tick the box for the backgrounds you want to appear in your theme that you are using.

if anyone finds any that i don't have please share them with me. thanks

p.s. i found this old topic on google searching for themes. i also have windows xp themes i will upload and share soon too. yes, i have systems with windows xp and yes they still get updates.

screenshot.jpg

Edited by rabidsnypr