How do I add an shp to a mission?

Karpet

Correction: the SHP has to be in a mix file THAT'S READ BY THE GAME. Typically, you can make the game read an addon mixfile by making the mixfile's filename start with "sc".

And using "Image=XXXX" means you need to add not only an "XXXX.shp", but also, if it's something buildable,  an "XXXXicon.shp" for the sidebar, and if it's a building, an "XXXXmake.shp" for the build-up animation.

Also, I assume you're talking about RA1? This stuff doesn't work in C&C1. :P

Did not work. My MiG is now textureless, invisible. How exactly do I have to make it look like a Frogfoot I have in an expand.mix?

So, did you try what I said?

Typically, you can make the game read an addon mixfile by making the mixfile's filename start with "sc".

I pretty much gave up since fuck you RaED, you erased tons of my fucking work. I can still play it, but I cannot edit it, or even find the ini file. It's there in the RaED exe but it's not in my actual folder. Now I can't make new maps and a replace did not help. I'm thinking I should just reinstall PortableRA fully or install Funky's RA and then add all of my shit.

no no no

you might've changed the save path accidentally, I.e. it might be saving all your new stuff to a random folder

If this is not a problem do you get an error every time you try and load up the map selection?

ok, this explains why everything magically disappears

this means one of your saves/files is bad, got corrupted and crashes raed's map loading system.

you will need to search through the map directory and find the bad ini or mpr file. it is usually 0kb size so its not hard to find then.

Delete it and your problems should be fixed

i can also be caused by a too long map name (i dont mean the filename)

Filenames over 8 characters (not including extension) will also cause RAED to twiddle its thumbs and not open said map (while spitting out "File not found" & "Error 1" messages).