Renegade X Open Beta 2.0a has been released

N3tRunn3r

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with online FPS games is they can't really be played against people all over the world like RTS games can be without serious lag.

Are there Australian/New Zealand servers? I remember when playing the original online there was no country filter and no servers with less than 200 ping.

Was fun flying the Orca on servers that enabled it before it was officially released there was no invisible wall to stop you from flying up into space.

Renegade X has been yet more populated than the original Renegade is. The average number of players on all Renegade servers is about ..... ~50?!

Renegade X has far more players. I cannot await their Beta-3 release. Bunch of fixes, improvements, no more crashes etc.

I haven't seen any cheaters around there yet. But RenX has still some glitches/exploits which can be abused. Undefuseable Beacons/C4, seeing cloaked units... Those should be fixed within next Beta-3 update.

The only cheating issue there were within the Beta-1 phase with a wrong server setting, speedrunnning. That was all.

It is nice that a lot of newbies are joining this game, so this community is growing... but ... I prefer noticeable Noob-friendly and Veteran Servers. It is yet incredible to play with newbies hehe.

The main reason why I say its dead is because renegade x usually only has 2 or 3 populated servers. factoring in that 2 of those are marathon servers which i dont like they usually are on field which lasts around a hour not being able to achieve anything lol until someone works up the balsl to vote for a map change. thats not fun to me. so yeah its possibly to find rooms to play in without marathon field going but there are some other maps i refuse to play on as well cause i dont find them fun. i still manage to get some games in but its on life support to me but it is still playable. i have the same issue with tribes ascend. most of the maps i refuse to play on. a lot of the servers restrict you by level so you cant join etc. you end up with only a couple of servers to play on and then you have to wait for good maps etc. waste of time.

RenCorner does have an australian server (called oceanic server or something).

The reason i personally dont like renx is that most matches turn into chaotic battles, sort of clusterfucks. Always theres a Walls_flying map taking hours in marathon servers. Also i find it kinda unconfortable to drive vehs compared to original ren. Imo renx has its good parts but i was personally expecting more from it.

The main reason why I say its dead is because renegade x usually only has 2 or 3 populated servers. factoring in that 2 of those are marathon servers which i dont like they usually are on field which lasts around a hour not being able to achieve anything lol until someone works up the balsl to vote for a map change. thats not fun to me. so yeah its possibly to find rooms to play in without marathon field going but there are some other maps i refuse to play on as well cause i dont find them fun. i still manage to get some games in but its on life support to me but it is still playable. i have the same issue with tribes ascend. most of the maps i refuse to play on. a lot of the servers restrict you by level so you cant join etc. you end up with only a couple of servers to play on and then you have to wait for good maps etc. waste of time.

Doesnt Renegade have also only 2 or 3 "populated" servers? Jelly and MPF... and a 3rd one, could be a Sniper server? Also Renegade is a full game with an average playerbase of ~70 while RenX is still within Beta phases and has a bunch of players already. Of course, they follow the Development of RenX and read news until critical bugs, glitches and exploits have been fixed. Just take a look at the RenX download counts. RenX within this Beta-2 phase has a playerbase of, yes, 120 already. Both 40-player Marathon servers and that one 40-players AOW server. Play on later evenings and you will see those 120 players.

A populated RenX AOW server has a time limit of 60 minutes, just as like a Marathon server will take. A map within a Marathon so an AOW server could take only a few minuts, if you teamplay.

You explain RenX as it is already an accomplished bug-free game. It isn't that "nice" to compare the original Renegade game with the under-development-RenX game YET.

Driving changes has been applied within Beta-2, just wait for a Beta-3.

RenCorner does have an australian server (called oceanic server or something).

All I see is a Euro and a US server with people and lots of empty servers.

Driving changes has been applied within Beta-2, just wait for a Beta-3.

Can't wait for beta-3!

Original ren is from 2002, you can't really expect it to have a bigger player count than RenX which was recently released. RenX also took away some Ren players, do note that. Anyway, RenX had, if I'm not wrong, 5000+ downloads in the release day, and playercount dropped drastically since then imo.

Original ren has 3 active servers actually, Jelly, RenCorner and MPF.

The game is a garbage piece of shit and you're better off playing the original.

RenX after its fixes will for sure replace the original Renegade!!

Personally for me, RenX has already much more fun included compared to the original. Those crashes etc don't matter for me. The RenX Devs are doing amazing work! Hell, don't blame 'em.

... Anyway, RenX had, if I'm not wrong, 5000+ downloads in the release day, and playercount dropped drastically since then imo.

Original ren has 3 active servers actually, Jelly, RenCorner and MPF.

Yeah due to the bugs, gliches, exploits and crashes the player base dropped of course. None should see RenX as a final game right now. This is what "Open Beta" is...

RenX already has more players than the original game. I am glad about it so WESTWOOD IS:

Link: Westwood likes Renegade X @ Renegade X Forums

Some show-offs of...:

Steve Wetherill: Vice President and CTO of Westwood Studios

dtakHll.jpg

Elie Arabian: Westwood Art Director

HZmMhdT.jpg

Rick Donnelly: Designer of C&C Renegade maps

Gs5Kwgo.jpg

Frank Klepacki: Composer

94XgqDC.jpg