JSDF BETA 0.1 FIXED VERSION Released

Snijboer

So, some SHP files and some AUDs. What exactly was changed in rules.ini?

Check the front page, there you could see the changes i made for the rules.ini. Now because the launch wasn't really good i did some tweaks on the rules.ini right now.

I've changed alot in there, like costs are reduced, more crates, more storage for the silo's, pillbox with primary + secondary vulcans, make some units have more strength etc.

Practically all of these kinds of changes can be done with a simple sc*.mix addon file. The game automatically reads any mix file starting with "sc", so you don't need to replace any original game files to add a mod that way.

Where can i get this sc*.mix addon file? Is there a tutorial for it? If so please share.

A SC mix is just the first 2 letters in the name of a mix.  SC tells the game to replace the stock files with those find in the SC mix. Back in the first Red Dawn I used many SC mixes. I used SC_Sou.mix that had sounds. SC_Voic.mix had new unit voices. SC_EVA.mix had the new ingame advicer voice. SC_Mus.mix had music.

Check the front page, there you could see the changes i made for the rules.ini.

I checked. It didn't give any specifics. You just gave the units name changes. It didn't mention if you did anything else to them.

Where can i get this sc*.mix addon file? Is there a tutorial for it? If so please share.

They're really just that... mix archives starting with the letters "sc". You just make a new mix file with a filename that starts with "sc", add your stuff inside it, and put it in the game folder, and the game will read the stuff inside it.

I have win7 x64 and I cant install RA from original CD's. The other version 2.0. of RA i have is not working with your mod =( Please upload your mod with RA. I suggest you to make it compitable with ver 3.03 it has less problems working with win7.

I can't just re-upload the mod since there are problems with it. (Huge file size). And what are you trying to say with the original RA CD's? You can't install it, but still you have RA1 version 3.03? Please be a bit more specific.

A SC mix is just the first 2 letters in the name of a mix.  SC tells the game to replace the stock files with those find in the SC mix. Back in the first Red Dawn I used many SC mixes. I used SC_Sou.mix that had sounds. SC_Voic.mix had new unit voices. SC_EVA.mix had the new ingame advicer voice. SC_Mus.mix had music.

Right, so...does this affect anything for the file? Or is it just to make it to read faster?

It means you can make your mod exactly and only from the new files, without needing to add that whole main.mix. Just make a new mix file, dump your stuff it, make sure its name starts with "sc", and bam, the game will read it, and the mod will work. Your mod will go from that 1 gb monstrosity to one tiny mix file containing only and exactly the files you want to replace in the game.

You said you use RA ver 2.0 to play your mod. I cant find it in internet, only ver 3.03. I used to play ver 2.0 before, I used original CDs for that. Now I have win7 x64 and It is not possible to install RA from original CDs. Your mod is not working with 3.03. That means that people(most part of users) who have win7 x64 will not be able to play your mod.  So I suggest to make it compitable with ver 3.03 or to upload ver 2.0 with your mod somewhere...

It means you can make your mod exactly and only from the new files, without needing to add that whole main.mix. Just make a new mix file, dump your stuff it, make sure its name starts with "sc", and bam, the game will read it, and the mod will work. Your mod will go from that 1 gb monstrosity to one tiny mix file containing only and exactly the files you want to replace in the game.

Sadly, i've encountered problems when using as my new mix file is: sc_jpn.mix and when playing ingame it says: Error - Out of memory

What's up with that?

You said you use RA ver 2.0 to play your mod. I cant find it in internet, only ver 3.03. I used to play ver 2.0 before, I used original CDs for that. Now I have win7 x64 and It is not possible to install RA from original CDs. Your mod is not working with 3.03. That means that people(most part of users) who have win7 x64 will not be able to play your mod.  So I suggest to make it compitable with ver 3.03 or to upload ver 2.0 with your mod somewhere...

I will first release the first version of my mod, and we'll see if it works or not. If not, then ill make it compitable with ver 3.03. And so do i need to go to 3.03. I have this version V2.00 because i use TDF.

here is another mini red alert version you can use as base for your mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0dpc41c6lzq7hqo/redalert-am-cs.zip

white is using it for his mod too (works with arda)

i suggest using a a mix file named expand10.mix with this version (put all your mod files in there) cause the sc-* mix files wont work with custom string tables

i attached a blank mix file you can use

EXPAND10.zip

Sadly, i've encountered problems when using as my new mix file is: sc_jpn.mix and when playing ingame it says: Error - Out of memory

What's up with that?

It means you made a Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 mixfile instead of a Red Alert 1 one. You have to be careful which type to make it.

here is another mini red alert version you can use as base for your mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0dpc41c6lzq7hqo/redalert-am-cs.zip

white is using it for his mod too (works with arda)

i suggest using a a mix file named expand10.mix with this version (put all your mod files in there) cause the sc-* mix files wont work with custom string tables

i attached a blank mix file you can use

I thank you for this blank .mix file! Sadly, it doesn't work! I dropped all my stuff in there.

EXPAND10.mix doesn't read the file, it just makes me play the normal RA1 without my modified units or sounds.

Any suggestion for this? Thanks.

What's up with that?

It means you made a Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 mixfile instead of a Red Alert 1 one. You have to be careful which type to make it.

When i tried making my own .mix file, i did save my file as: "Red alert 1 mix". Even after that it still says "Out of Memory".

Perhaps there may be another solution. I remember not only the MAIN.mix is modified. REDALERT.mix is also modified.

So my question is, do i need to put "hires1.mix" that i've modified inside REDALERT.mix to MAIN.mix? Or does that need to be seperated?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Small note... in the link to the Japanese AOE voices in the original post and in the readme, you can leave out everything behind the "fileid=3452". The stuff behind that is just some kind of session ID number of when you accessed the link.

Oh, also... put your name/nickname somewhere in the readme file. Right now your mod is 100% anonymous O_o