Build orders

Micro

When playing Terrace in a 2v2 a good cookie cutter build order for top right and bottom right as GDI would be...

Please note this build order should be used in conjunction with an infantry rush, but remember, don’t build so much infantry that you quickly run out of dosh. Look to send the infantry rush after building and selling the third ref.

Power Plant

Barracks

Ref

Ref (sell)

Ref (sell) - send infantry, should only consist of roughly 5-8 disc men with the rest being riflemen

Ref

Warf (build a harv first then titans, or straight to titans if you know your enemy is going for a disruptor)

Ref

Component tower

Radar (sell)

Pad

Tech (sell)

This build order also works for top left but you should look to build your 5th ref towards the tiberium on your right and you have to control your harvs more between the two tiberium fields.

Obviously you need to be aware of what your opponents are doing and adapt. If you gain the upper hand you can go straight into tech and get a disruptor after you build your war factory instead of building a refinery after your war factory.

Remember to scout, remember to try and stop the enemy from scouting you. Remember to warn your ally if you’re playing a 2v2 about incoming attacks and what your opponents are doing.

Also, remember to get your harvs to harvest tiberium as close to your refineries as possible.

Power Plant

Barracks

Ref

Ref (sell)

Ref (sell) - send infantry, should only consist of roughly 5-8 disc men with the rest being riflemen

Ref

Warf (build a harv first then titans, or straight to titans if you know your enemy is going for a disruptor)

Ref

Component tower

Radar (sell)

Pad

Tech (sell)

I don't get the component tower. This consumes time?

Also, I rather build a ref instead of harv, and then simply sell the ref. Gives 1000 back and 5 infantry. So for only 1000 you have 1 harv and 5 infantry.

I would keep the radar since it provides a little extra vision, if your opponent has an obvious color on the minimap.

After tech, I keep spamming power plants and refs. Of course I also keep spamming Titans and Bombers.

Towards tiberian fields.

power

ref

ref (sell)

ref (sell)

ref

power

ref

ref (sell)

ref (sell)

ref

Etc.

If my approach isn't any good. Tell me, ok?

if you want to sell your radar, you need to build a component tower before you do so, because otherwise you dont get the SAM tech.

some people like to keep their radar when they are using a high economy BO, as they dont need the money. but i think even then you should learn to play without it, as in some BOs you absolutely have to sell it. also every minor advantage can make the difference.

you have to watch the map anyway, as you want to spot enemy disruptor/apc right when it comes out of the warf, not just when it leaves the base.

to defend against disruptors you want sams and titans, so the longer you delay your warfactory/radar, the more likely it is that youre just gonna die. usually, for every BO that involves making more than 4 refs before warf, you need to have good anti scouts and also want your enemies to be scouted, or you have to know their playstyle.

Terrace or Forest Fires (+ other maps) 2 ref disruptor rush.

To do this you will need to be good at scouting, good at anti scouting and good at defending an inf rush with a small number of infantry and a harvester or two. You will want to save as much money as possible by not building too much infantry as it is not a BO that prioritises economy. However, only building 1 harvester gives you some room for manoeuvre, i.e. you can build jump jet infantry to scout, or build a few extra infs if you get inf rushed. In certain situations you can build a second harvester from the warfactory, usually on Forest Fires rather than Terrace.

Power

Barracks

Ref

Warf (1 harv)

Ref

Component

Radar (sell)

Pad

Tech (sell)

Service (sell)

Now, keep an eye out as to what your enemy is doing, if they have sent a big infantry rush you may need to build a bomber as soon as you tech. You may need to sell 1 of your refineries for infantry and extra cash whilst being infantry rushed and may also need to put your dis on hold so that it doesn’t complete whilst the enemy infantry are still in your base. The enemy will target your pad and destroy it so don’t sell your repair bay until you know your pad is not a risk of being destroyed or you have a second pad. Speed is of the essence with this BO so you need to get your dis out as soon as you can, otherwise its all for nothing. Get another refinery on build whilst you are off attacking and depending on how your attack goes you may be able to get out a second disruptor before looking to expand and build defence.

Remember, if you in a 2v2 or more game, land your JJ otherwise your allies won't be able to see what you can see. Even landing in the corner of the base can be a big help.

its pretty much the most common BO on ff as BL,LM,RM,TR (with 2 harvs out of warf). on these spots there is usually no reason to make more than 4 light infs. 2 to scout your allies, 1 to scout own base and 1 to scout expos.  on terrace however, you wont get away with this little inf. its crucial to not get scouted, so you need to have at least 5 infs to scout and another 6-9 to anti scout. even then, most players go for an early inf rush, which is really hard to defend with this BO. thats why you will most likely see this BO only in BL on terrace with the additional money from blue tib. I cant tell you exactly how many inf you can get away with making. but you can just open an empty game and try it out. if you are going for 4 harvs/2refs overall, you can usually make buildings non stop, so try to get to that point without going broke, then you are OK.