players to help newbs

Micro

just wondering what goood players are approachable as most just ban you from their games without even letting you watch.  prime examples are carnage, trz, jman2005 - for players that are top level they sure are idiots that just ban new ppl without offering help or leting us watch and learn.  i really feel like these 3 have got mental issues in real life as there is now way they can be this retarded online without being like it in real life.

mola was always good to learn from but he has changed his nick or doesnt come on much.

id like to join a server or something and learn howto build a base etc

most of us play the game for the competition - otherwise we would just play vs cpu. so if you have a really bad player in a 2v2 game it takes the whole competition out of it. it is hard to differentiate between the noobs that actually want to become a better player and the people who just want to have fun for a couple of days. i am sure if you messaged anyone privately, they would at least let you watch the game, as long as you dont lag. that being said, a lot of us can be dicks sometimes, but its nothing personal.

also, stop calling people retarded

There are several good players out there that are willing to help new players and even want to coach them.

If you are banned from a game, send the host a private message to explain that you are learning. Some will allow you to spectate.

Beside watching live games, there are other ways to learn.

You can watch recorded games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEVSLnbEGMP4cOqH10SzVNw/videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw5O5QN4H9MuhD7zopdOSg/videos

Or you can read the Player’s Guide: https://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/tiberian-sun-a-players-guide/ http://mjryder.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tiberian-Sun-guide-v4-c-Mole40k-2013.pdf

Immidiately tell the host you would like to spectate. But remember, some rather ban you than waiting an average of eternity before you changed your settings to spectate. Others would only allow spectators since if is a private match. I understand if others are to stupid to understand, "leave them alone". But then again, you have a private message option for letting them know you ate a newb instead of a  noob.

Lag is a good reason for ban though. However they should let you know if you lag.

You are welcome to join my games.

there's only 50 trillion videos of decent players doing online skirmishes on youtube

you can look at them videos until you are blue in the face but unless u know the reason why the put certain buildings  next to eCHOTHER or thy explain litttle tricks they do its impossible.

i saw one player called watapus now called alex1024 something that was a complete newb 3 weeks ago and hes been getting training from one pro guy that ive forgot the name of but he was a UK guy, who specd us both playing and gave us tips and now this alex guy is playing with some of the top 20 players of the whole game after a few weeks so it obviously works.

was it spawn1uk ?

He is a generous player who has taken the time to help me out as well as others

he gave me pointers on tezz and let me know the things you might figure out of you played a thousand games

that like you mentioned you would not immediately realize just by watching

and my tezz game went from the bottom of the barrel to I will poke you eye out if you not careful...

a grateful nod (lol) to him for his help.

some will let you watch some will coach you

none are obliged to help

some good advise given in this thread.

pm the host and ask to watch

if you get booted don't keep rejoining or demand to know why

still watch the recorded games..seeing what works and what dosen't

the opportunities taken and missed helps immeasurably

build orders make a huge difference seen some discussion in the forums with examples...

then practice struggling against the leet's, it is frustrating but you learn to survive a little longer each time...

remembering that they have played that map thousands of time makes it less frustrating

and drink a big blender full of raw eggs like rocky each day before playing..

.jk, getting food poisoning and wretching on your keyboard will not help.

Good luck and enjoy!

:mammoth: :roll:

there's only 50 trillion videos of decent players doing online skirmishes on youtube

you can look at them videos until you are blue in the face but unless u know the reason why the put certain buildings  next to eCHOTHER or thy explain litttle tricks they do its impossible.

i saw one player called watapus now called alex1024 something that was a complete newb 3 weeks ago and hes been getting training from one pro guy that ive forgot the name of but he was a UK guy, who specd us both playing and gave us tips and now this alex guy is playing with some of the top 20 players of the whole game after a few weeks so it obviously works.

as nod, most people use harpies to scout BM or BR, as they usually have to get more refs early on and wont have sams right away. also you can then use the harpy to damage power plants or take out discmen in case your ally wants to attack them. to scout the other spots you can repair mid bridge and send a nod buggy over it. also most GDI players land their JJs outside of the enemy base before going in, so you can fill an APC with light infs and scout with them.

RM and LM have similar jobs to TR and BL: ATTACK EARLY ON. doesnt mean that you have to 1ref, but you shouldnt make more than 2refs if you dont have a good reason to. and no, getting scouted is no reason to 3ref bunk. also, you shouldnt die to 1 dizz or 1 set of engs, so make sure you make defense right after sending your first attack out. if you really want to do something different you can go 3-4 refs, repair mid bridge and send an infantry rush over to slow BL/LM/RM/TR down. can be countered easily by enemy disc men on the bridge though, also has to be quite fast, so that the enemy doesnt have bombs yet.

dont be afraid to die the first couple of games. finding the right balance between attacking and not dying early on is a hard skill to master on FF. thats why many weaker players shy away from going offense early, but if you dont try it, you will learn how to do it.

A brief summary of each spot.

Top left : secure the bridge and use a 2 ref attacking build order. Don't build more than 1 harv so you can afford a Jj and a sam.

Left mid : generally a 2 ref rush.

Bottom left : 2 ref rush again here.

Bottom mid : usually inf rush bottom right using a 3 or 4 ref build order! Defence is your friend here.

Top right : 2 ref rush, if you bunk from here, your team loses, it's that simple.

Top mid : secure bridge, personally I usually go conservative from here by 3 or 4 ref inf rushing and repairing the second bridge.

Right mid : for me, I do the same as if I were top mid but you can 2 ref from here more easily than top mid because you don't need to secure the bridge.

Bottom right : same as bottom mid, infantry into defence.

Obviously things will pan out differently every time and you have to adapt to the situation at hand. Scouting is an absolute priority, if at first you don't succeed in scouting someone, try and try again! Leaving bottom left, left middle or top right un scouted can allow them to win the whole game almost on their own!