Why Color enforces starting locations in Terrace?

GhostDog

I've become aware to the fact that on Terrace color matters for starting locations (saw a hint on it).

There is already an option to select starting locations, so there is no reason to enforce starting locations by color. 

However, it will be nice to retain the possibility of random starting locations.

the enforced starting locations have been like that since Westwood online supported the game ( that was my hint ;) ). Having the ability to select starting positions is a new feature with CNCnet. Now that we do have that feature, I agree with you, the colours should be random

Actually the starting locations should be random, but i know that red alert had a bug in westwood online where the first game that has been played would always give the same starting location to certain colors, that was fixed on red alert but im not sure if it was fixed on ts too since iran did that, gonna look into it later

As far as I am aware, Purple and Pink are always opposite if both colours are selected with Pink either BL or BR. In addition Gold and Red are always opposite when both selected but I do not know whether a similar rule applies to these colours as it does with pink, i.e. one is always at the top or the bottom. I stand to be corrected but I think this is correct.

Colors decides the houses in ts just like in red alert. Not sure if the spawning logic is the same tho. The lowest color will become house1, then second lowest house2 etc.. house1 got the biggest distance to house2, house3 got the biggest distance to house4

yes that is basically how it works on ts as well. pink always is a bottom spot if on terrace, and is either tm and rm on ff in 8 player games. in games that aren't 8 players, the colors tend to be a little more randomized as far as starting locations (aside from pink), but in 8 player games, there are always a few favored spawning positions for each.

Colors decides the houses in ts just like in red alert. Not sure if the spawning logic is the same tho. The lowest color will become house1, then second lowest house2 etc.. house1 got the biggest distance to house2, house3 got the biggest distance to house4

yes that is basically how it works on ts as well. pink always is a bottom spot if on terrace, and is either tm and rm on ff in 8 player games. in games that aren't 8 players, the colors tend to be a little more randomized as far as starting locations (aside from pink), but in 8 player games, there are always a few favored spawning positions for each.

Why would you want something changed that always has been an aspect of ts, especially since it can easily be circumvented by choosing your location with the spawning position drop down box?

Because I want to have the possibility of random starting locations.

The functionality won't be damaged, just added new possibility. 

On Cncnet we already have the possibility to select starting locations, so there is no reason why color should affect it.

• 4 months later...