Several general questions

Eisengeist

I liked Tiberian Sun and Firestorm's continuation of the Tiberium story and played through their campaigns.  Is C&C3 and/or 4 worthwhile.  And what is Tiberium Alliances?

I've only seen C&C3 in action a little at someone's house and I heard C&C4 has awful DRM and just sucked - requiring a constant net connection to keep repeatedly checking you're not pirating and maybe only being installable a limited number of times off your disc.  I've recently heard EA has stopped that crap after alienating themselves from players/customers.  Does C&C4 remain screwed up with that stuff?

Does C&C3 or Red Alert 3 have any of that BS? 

Out of C&C3, C&C4, RA3, and Tiberium Alliances, do they play more like TS and RA2, or more like Generals?

While your point is pretty standard, I'd be quite pissed off if my entire faction did exactly the opposite of what I wanted it to...

No, no... if he'd planned it as Kane should've, he would've told his own people what the plan was. In TS, Slavik is praised for being the only one among Nod who dares to think and act decisively instead of just using Kane's disappearance as excuse for complacency. In TW, Killian is executed, for doing exactly the same thing  :dry:

While your point is pretty standard, I'd be quite pissed off if my entire faction did exactly the opposite of what I wanted it to...

No, no... if he'd planned it as Kane should've, he would've told his own people what the plan was. In TS, Slavik is praised for being the only one among Nod who dares to think and act decisively instead of just using Kane's disappearance as excuse for complacency. In TW, Killian is executed, for doing exactly the same thing  :dry:

Good point, maybe this links in some random way to when Seth was executed by Kane while attempting to lead an attack on the US, although when that happened Kane just didn't give a damn.

Nod was clandestinely supplied by US arms dealers. That's why Kane didn't want to attack them. He executed Seth for going over his head.

Eisengeist:

For the rest...

-Honestly not sure about RA3, since I haven't played it, but the co-op thing seemed weird, and the videos were even more over-the-top than RA2. I prefer my Red Alert more gritty, personally. O_o

-Don't even bother with C&C4. A C&C where you respawn when you lose just feels utterly wrong. And if you start with playing the campaign, you will need at some point find yourself replaying the same mission several times just to get the EXP to get the construction options to beat the rest. Really dumb system. Also, apparently these EXP are just saved in a text file somewhere on your disk. I watched the story on youtube, and it was pretty dumb, too.

I just ordered C&C3 with its Kane's Wraith expansion and also regular RA 3 (a.k.a. Command & Carnival as someone here called it)  I should have read RA3's reviews first as it's plagued by the same DRM as C&C4.  Fortunately it's really cheap for a brand new copy and I'll look for a crack to get rid of secuROM.  I read C&C4 reviews and WOW! That IS REALLY awful!

Kilian was framed for the Sarajevo attack. Haven't you played Kane's Wrath?

For your initial question, TW and KW are worthwhile games for multiplayer (KW more so, especially if you get the 1.02+ mappack or just the patch for singleplayer, it fixes so many bugs), and the singleplayer isn't bad. RA3 is a good game in its own right, having good multiplayer as well, and the singleplayer is fun, but rather short. Steer clear from C&C4, though.

RA3 doesn't need a crack, as it doesn't need the DVD to play. It did have the 5 authorizations policy, with later patches enabling you to deauthorize individual PCs. However, I don't know if their system even works still, so post back if it does.

C&C4 had a TOTALLY DIFFERENT DRM thing and whoever tells you differently is a moron. It had always-online, even for singleplayer, whereas RA3 did not.

• 3 weeks later...

My RA3 installed and ran fine.  It also auto-update patched through the internet. Shrinkwrap had a promotion sticker for another game so it was brand new.  The manual had a misprint with one character missing from my serial key.  After a bunch of attempts I guessed the missing char fortunately.

In this supposed RA3 crack which I haven't tried...

(filename RED.ALERT.3.V1.12.ITA.BANSHEE.NODVD.zip)

There's three files to replaces ones in RA3's data folder:

lib_art.map

Libraries.big

ra3_1.12.game

So I'm not sure what this is supposed to do then