Font of C&C:tiberium dawn and Red Alert 1

cuteflower

Question

Recently I have being annoyed by this thing.

I want to know the name of the font used in C&C gold edition and Red Alert 1.

I know its silly but I really really need help 

Thank you.

NOTE:Not the logo. I want to know the font used in tooltip and side bar instruction.

PS: I am quit surprised that there are still lot of people play CNC tiberium dawn and RA1.I am a "bone ash" CNC player and the first generation who played CNC (when i was 8 i think).

I am trying my best to collect any stuff related to tiberium dawn and RA1 for I fear these two old game might die :O Thats why I want their font.

18 answers to this question

Welcome cuteflower to our fourm

i am not sure about the name of the font used but i can tell you how to get it.

if you download this tool xcc Utilities it will allow you to look in and edit the mix files the game use's.

using the tool above the fonts used by C&C Gold can be found in the cclocal.mix and the Red Alert fonts can be found in conquer.mix inside the main.mix (main.mix may be on your cd)

Quite alot of people still play and there is even new patches for C&C and new ways to play online, please feel free to stay and im sure our knowledge may be of help to you.  :)

Welcome cuteflower.

CNC tiberium dawn

The games name is C&C "Tiberian Dawn" :P

As for the fonts: The fonts is inside the game, you can use XCC Mixer to extract the fonts but there is a catch...the fonts in the mix files are .fnt files which is an old DOS format afaik and I have found no way to convert the .fnt files into usable Windows fonts. :(

Really.

This file fomat is strange.I can hardly find some software to open and edit FNT--I even tried fontlab but it wont support it either. :S

I hope i can find TTF version which can be dirctly used in office or find a way to convert FNT into TTF (but it seems a quite professinal method).

There is also liklihood that this/these font(s) is/are custom designed during the game development.If so, then I am sure the font is far more value than a simple file.

Maybe its a good idea to ask game designer???

Really.

This file fomat is strange....

There is also liklihood that this/these font(s) is/are custom designed during the game development.If so, then I am sure the font is far more value than a simple file.

Maybe its a good idea to ask game designer???

If your referring to the .fnt then it probably just code taken from the days of Dos CnC and Dune 2 (and could have been very common), since it works it makes sense just to not touch the coding and in the process saving your self some head aches

good luck with asking the designers

Recently I have being annoyed by this thing.

I want to know the name of the font used in C&C gold edition and Red Alert 1.

I know its silly but I really really need help 

Thank you.

NOTE:Not the logo. I want to know the font used in tooltip and side bar instruction.

PS: I am quit surprised that there are still lot of people play CNC tiberium dawn and RA1.I am a "bone ash" CNC player and the first generation who played CNC (when i was 8 i think).

I am trying my best to collect any stuff related to tiberium dawn and RA1 for I fear these two old game might die :O Thats why I want their font.

Hello Cuteflower.

You have exactly started to collect C&C related stuff as i did in my past as a C&C collector. Especially C&C1 and RA1 realted stuff. Doesnt it rock?

;)

i created a Red Alert 1 Font, updated it 2 times. this font package includes an exactly font of the LAN Lobby and an exactly font of the Internet Lobby (tool tip/sidebar instrcutions etc).

My font is already worldwide in use :)

i have got many emails of users who want to get my consent to may use my fonts for their own big projects.

Well the simpliest thing is to Google for it: red alert font

DaFont.com

it was on rank 1 once and dafont is the officially download section of my font. i did not upload it anywhere else. click on this DaFont link.

:)

Link 1

Link 2

well, at least there are many links to my fonts i have already seen. everyone wants them.

but notice:

i uploaded an older version of my fonts last year. the actually version hasnt been uploaded yet. im going to provide you with my latest version of the C&C Red Alert 1 font right now!

get it thruogh this attachment. i host it as a rar-archive and as a zip-archive.

please read included README's inside those files.

here we go:

to install those fonts into your system just open your FONTS-Directory in Windows and drag and drop them all into this fonts-directory.

have fun.

btw:

i wanted to start my C&C1 fonts project but i still have no time for this. oh well, but the times have changed already. i think i am going to start the C&C1 fonts project soon, because i want them as well.

:D

Now download the Fonts below or click this link!

CC_Red_Alert_Fonts.rar

CC_Red_Alert_Fonts.zip

O_o :O O_o :O O_o :O

oh my....I thought here is just a small sweet fan site but i was wrong.

All old game pros gathered here....

I really really appreciate this good work and I can feel the same enthusiasm when I first time play the game.

btw:

i wanted to start my C&C1 fonts project but i still have no time for this. oh well, but the times have changed already. i think i am going to start the C&C1 fonts project soon, because i want them as well.

CNC1 font is already a part of this classic game,I am sure this project will be welcomed and supported by all CNC fans!

BTW, the CNC1 font is also used in RA1 in tooltip and sidebar instrcution.I like the letter "k" prettey much.

new-1339.png

new-2782.png

when you were 8? i played it when i was 4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14

i wouldnt worry, with guys like N3t and Nyerguds i would be surprised if the games came close to being forgotton, thats what this site ia also for! :)