Implementing JDosBox onto community web portal (need a new section?).

Myg

I propose that we implement a new section of the cncnet community web system where people can play the single player demos of westwood games that ran during the DOS compatibility era using JDosBox (for those that work atm).

This would provide a nice continuity of theme for the site.

Yours in hope,

All the best; Peace!

If something like this is to be done I'd just have downloads with DOSBox bundled or a HTML5 version once that gets feasible. Java on the web is not really user friendly.

It will be fine tore.

I mean on CnCNet, I know it's possible otherwise, but it's a) quite a hassle (AFAIK) and b) where would you find the players and support? Anyway, I'm not pushing an agenda here, that's why I said it was just a thought that sprang to mind in my previous post.

In time it could be made so that the cncnet.org host would run an IPX dosbox server that could host players run by the JDosBox client, so there would be a sub culture cncnet going along-side the normal one (more old-school one to be said).

RE: The stagnation post, I suggest you set up a test page if you are interested Tore. There doesn't seem to be much work to it tbh. I don't think it would be too hard to get running.