Are testers needed for RA2?

LuisDeOz

Hello, to whoever ADMIN or Developer reads this.

A friend of mine and myself worked together 4 years for EA as 3rd party game testers, we volunteer to test RA2 if there a test being done.

We own RA2 since we bought it on 2.000, so we're pretty familiar with it.

A template for a bug would be:

[Area Of INterest, connection, client, gameplay] What happends.

OPTIONAL: Body of bug (very brief description)

Steps

Expected result: What happends right after step 3.

Observed result:

Repro rate: Always, 50-99% of the times, once only

[Attachments]

Lets us know, thanks!

Luis

Guest Mechacaseal

i doubt they need testers since the people who have been putting the games together so far are some of the most hardcore nerds the community has who have made previous patches for the games before they even came to cncnet.

I don't think testing the game is any problem, given the game already exists as a finished product. Its more about successfully porting the game to work via cncnet is the thing. (And whether or not they can actually be bothered - there is RA2 classic mode already enabled through YR)

I think if they want to do anything with the YR client it would best be some form of integration of that into the main CnCnet client.

I think if they want to do anything with the YR client it would best be some form of integration of that into the main CnCnet client.

There is no "main" CnCNet client, there's two separate clients. The other (FunkyFr3sh's one) is used by TD, RA1, Dune 2000 and (currently?) TS, while my client is used by DTA, TI and YR.

I don't think testing the game is any problem, given the game already exists as a finished product. Its more about successfully porting the game to work via cncnet is the thing. (And whether or not they can actually be bothered - there is RA2 classic mode already enabled through YR)

Cool, thanks. But that was actually what I was referring to. But if no testing is needed then even better.

Guest Mechacaseal

Do it the same way you did tibsun and firestorm expansion with a toggle to switch between the two so all ra2/yuris players are on the same client.

There is no "main" CnCNet client, there's two separate clients. The other (FunkyFr3sh's one) is used by TD, RA1, Dune 2000 and (currently?) TS, while my client is used by DTA, TI and YR.

Ah I understand now.

I thought this was brand new and written only for RA2/YR

Do it the same way you did tibsun and firestorm expansion with a toggle to switch between the two so all ra2/yuris players are on the same client.

That's exactly the thing that's not possible. TS is one single exe, so there's no code diversion. In RA2 they made a separate exe for YR so they could keep patching the two separately.

Being similar doesn't change the fact it has to be done all over again, plokite_wolf.

Isn't it possible to recycle a good part of the coding? I highly doubt one ACTUALLY has to start from line 1 :P

What Funky said. :P