CnC 4 Beta Pictures

I'm not impressed. That pic looks StarWar-ish and reminded me of the StarWars: The Clone Wars CGI series I've watched recently.

Honestly, I'd rather much prefer a C&C game that would not be a futuristic sci-fi stuff, but have a contemporary world/nearest future setting like in the original C&C.

Unfortunately, the previous iterations of the game have put the series too far into the future for it to be like the first one. I think something like 60 years passed since TD in C&C3, It'd just take messing up the storyline to a new level

Unfortunately, the previous iterations of the game have put the series too far into the future for it to be like the first one.

The next installment doesn't have to chronologically follow the previous game (e.g. the storyline of Red Alert was supposed to take place before C&C). There could be a game about the events between TD and TS, for example. Or a game revisiting the first war, focusing on some events not covered the original campaigns.

They messed up enough with time travel. Let's not go there :P

I did not mean "time travel". I meant setting the next game's story before the events of the previous one. And I would not care of this game were called C&C4 or not (since the next numeral in the title usually means a sequel rather than a prequel).

What could be wrong with a game about some events during the first war? Surely not everything was covered in the original C&C campaigns and/or add-on missions. Unless they introduce more time-travel or some other, equally crazy ideas (don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing RA1 here), everything should be fine.

Sure thing. But my point is that a new installment in the series does not necessarily have to:

- be a sequel

- feature an entirely new setting and storyline

Just for example, if we take the first war, there could be a Nod campaign taking place in Europe and a GDI campaign in Africa.

They CAN'T, however, squeeze an entire WAR in there that was somehow completely unknown before.

The events of Renegade were "somehow completely unknown before", and all missions for add-on disks before Firestorm feature the events that happened during the same wars from the respective games.

So generally, there exist no objections towards making a game that would be about the first war, or its aftermath. Another thing is that the developers are perhaps unwilling to create such a game, as they aim for a sequel set in a futuristic sci-fi atmosphere.

The events of Renegade are

1. like the covert ops, mostly unknown to the general public

2. bullcrap :P

And Firestorm really continued the story AFTER TS, so no, that's hardly valid. It's adding another major conflict IN BETWEEN that is not possible imo. The FS events are a serious part of the Tiberian storyline, since they show that CABAL rescued Kane.

And Firestorm really continued the story AFTER TS, so no, that's hardly valid. It's adding another major conflict IN BETWEEN that is not possible imo. The FS events are a serious part of the Tiberian storyline, since they show that CABAL rescued Kane.

I did not say FS takes place during TS (that's nonsense). I meant the add-ons before FS, namely Covert Ops, Counterstrike and Aftermath (now I doubt whether Aftermath takes place during or after RA, since it's called "Aftermath", after all).

In any case, it unlikely EA will make a game the way I want it, so it seems that I gotta persuade someone to make a RA2 mod plus campaign about the unknown events of the first C&C :)