Flamethrower soldier with a gas mask [RA] [SHP]

MrFlibble

• 8 months later...

Saw this unit today, awesome idea for the unit! It's really unique if you think about it, that practically 3 or 4 changed pixels can

change a unit to so cardinally. Definitely a great idea, would be great to see one of those on a tesla trooper as well  :D

would be great to see one of those on a tesla trooper as well  :D

Well, when doing it, I intended to make the in-game unit appearance match its icon, which has a gas mask (note that it's only true for the RA95 version, as the DOS version icon does shows the flamethrower soldier without a gas mask). The Shock Trooper, on the other hand, does not have a gas mask on the icon.

Well, I actually considered the idea of giving all units gas masks, or at lest all the Soviet units as they are the "bad guys" (remember how all Nod units in Renegade always wear gas masks with ominous red eyes? Must be pretty hard going around like that all day :D)

The "evil" gas-mask looks awsome for the flame soldiers though... Tis rubber thingy on de face gives the extra "heavy gunner maniac" feeling which i remember back from games like Fallout  XD

In Renegade it looked a little demented though, and i must say, NOD infantry looked like a bunch of clowns rather than soldiers... I don't, i didn't get that assorted infantry model set in A Path Beyond mod for an example, the original Renegade was full of that crap IMHO :)