Some questions

Milkey Wilkey

don't know where to ask, but is it possible to add 320x200 mode (or rather a DOS mode) to 1.06? yeah, I'm of that kind of people who don't likes fighting with ultra high speed ants on a field, viewed from space

Invest in a good sturdy dosbox.

C&C95 contains tons of leftover dos code, but it's not applied consistently. No idea on the actual ingame interface, but I'm fairly sure it'd crash on any WSA animation or VQA video.

Back in the day I originally made my patch I didn't have access to the extra space inside the exe that CCHyper hacked into it later. Because I needed space to put the high-resolution support code, I kicked out tons of that old 320x200 code back then. After the exe got expanded, I doubt I ever cleaned up that code. So I'm afraid that in the 1.06 version, rather than going towards enabling it, I wrecked a ton of it :P

You can change the resolution, at least, in CCconfig.exe, found in your C&C folder.

Not below 640x400. It plain doesn't work. I think I built minimum checking into that in the exe, but if I didn't, it'd most likely crash immediately from attempting to play the opening video in 640X400.

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1295.0

This is the one I was thinking of. I thought they had it running on a lower res. Must have just remembered differently.

That's just a mod, though.

But there is a DOS mod buried somewhere around here. It's basically just a DOS skin for C&C95 that runs in 640x400, but has the old DOS cameos, menu buttons, etc.

Nope. No such thing. There are beta pictures of such a GUI, but that's really just that; beta pictures. That stuff isn't in the final game. Also, that beta had higher res icons of the same style as DOS C&C, and those certainly aren't in the final game.