Some questions

Milkey Wilkey

First of the air strike: sometimes it spawns one plane, sometimes even three! Why?  And did they drop same amount of bombs?

And cnc wiki claims that destroing of comm center will prevent airstrikes to spawn in nod missions, but when I played the last Nod missions GDI skumms bombed me with no buildings stay onground.

And one more question - why selling prerequisite buildings even worked up to red alert2? Is this a bug? If so, why the hell it stayed in game that long?

It depends on how far you are in the campaign. In the early missions only one spawn and in the later 3 (up to 4) spawn.

As for destroying comm centers to prevent airstrikes I'm not too sure about that.

I'd call it an oversight or a feature until RA2 where they figured out that it might not have been a good idea to do this way with the prerequisites.

The number of planes in a computer-controlled airstrike is determined only by the teamtype instructions in the .ini and the airstrike itself is just a reinforced team of one or more A-10s. For player controlled airstrikes, which are not a teamtype but a superweapon, the number of planes increases with build level, as somebody already said.

Is it the same in the covert ops? Because in Blackout, I destroyed the first flame tank with 3 A10s and I had no base at that time. On the same mission, I had 3 planes on my second and third airstrike but I noticed it gets less to 1 plane somewhere near the end, I've confirmed that Nod managed to blew 2 of my A-10s earlier so does this have anything to do with the plane reduction?

I don't see any bugs about the prerequisite part, building a damn expensive, power consuming, long construction time structure should reward you with its tech. But off course, it's fair if the tech is unavailable again if the prerequisite structure is gone.

The planes for the player's airstrike superweapon, unlike the reinforced A-10 teams for the AI, can come from different sides of the map, which means sometimes some of them can get shot down easier. Maybe that's what happened in your mission.

About tech buildings, you actually do lose your high-tech construction options if you sell the tech building and then lose the prodution building. So I wouldn't consider it a bug, it's more like a case of engineers keeping spare copies of their tank blueprints in different places.

I think it somehow linked to buildable Nod APC and apache - you gain access to them if you capture GDI factory/conyard and still hold it if sell thouse structures.

and I also noticed how in the very same missions airstrikes send less planes each time I use it and that not because planes was shot down

Is it the same in the covert ops? Because in Blackout, I destroyed the first flame tank with 3 A10s and I had no base at that time. On the same mission, I had 3 planes on my second and third airstrike but I noticed it gets less to 1 plane somewhere near the end, I've confirmed that Nod managed to blew 2 of my A-10s earlier so does this have anything to do with the plane reduction?

Nah. there's no reduction.

There is, however, a bug in the game that often makes all of the player's airstrike planes start from exactly the same spot, making them all move on exactly the same path, which makes them appear as a single plane. They'll still do the damage of all these planes, though, of course. Sometimes you see SAM sites shooting at that "one plane", and then you see an explosion, but the "plane" just flies on. That's when one of the airplanes got destroyed, but you don't really see because there are still planes left over.

A-10s, unlike any other air unit, seem to be sensitive to the 1 cell border inside the map edges.  They won't spawn at a location which is impassable on the playing field.  They also never seem to spawn from the same spot more than one time and once they run out of spots to spawn, they will ALWAYS spawn in the extreme NW corner, regardless of whatever edge that particular house is set to. 

wow I just never thought about the A-10s flying inside each other, making the visual of one unit. That explains why my "single" plane can take out a construction yard sometimes. And I've seen SAM Sites destroyed one plane with an explosion in the sky (and EVA announcing unit lost) but the "same" plane just continues to fly. I thought airstrike planes can be reduced to 1 plane  from each lost A10 and the last one is invincible (since it still flies eventhough a SAM destroyed it) but I guess it's just multiple planes flying in each other.

And I just knew the computer team's airstrikes are reinforcement units rather than superweapons since they can pursue moving targets or change targets (if they still have bombs left) if their initial target is destroyed/recloaked. At one point in the mission Twist of Fate where NOD enemy can use airstrike, the computer airstrike sent like 4 planes at once (usually they send only 2).

Same trick can be done with ground vehicles. Wall in your war factory (airfield doesn't work), and after having build 4. The 5th and etc. overlap the 4th. (Only C&C though)

However, since they share the same cell, they all receive damage at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I heard something about Nod color scheme is different to any other in TD. can anyone explain why?

and also in the beta it seems to look slightly different

In singleplayer the Nod colour scheme is Red + Grey (i.e. Red structures and Grey Units).

I heard something about Nod color scheme is different to any other in TD. can anyone explain why?

and also in the beta it seems to look slightly different

In singleplayer the Nod colour scheme is Red + Grey (i.e. Red structures and Grey Units).

Except Red Harversters and MCVs. They all still appear red in the radar too.

Contrary to popular belief, their actual real colour is grey. The red is the special exception stuff :P

(Radar colour doesn't count; it's just completely separate, and is nothing but 2 simple palette index values; one for units and one for buildings. It's just configured as red.)

As for the why, it's because they tried to be somewhat more realistic than having people around in bright red "shoot me! I'm a target!" uniforms. While Nod's structures use the red from the Nod logo for their highlights, their units in cutscenes are shown in urban camo.

As for the why, it's because they tried to be somewhat more realistic than having people around in bright red "shoot me! I'm a target!" uniforms. While Nod's structures use the red from the Nod logo for their highlights, their units in cutscenes are shown in urban camo.

And yet GDI are still gold. You would've thought that would aid them in Africa in the deserts but apparently not.....