Let's Play Command & Conquer: The Special Operations

TaxOwlbear

Hehe. Interesting mission, that one. I believe the temple and construction yard are both on a little island in the top right corner.

(Yup. Just checked. In the corner. I wonder if there's a way to reach it, with that helicopter. Not that it would've helped you, because all your infantry got nuked :P)

Yes there is

In fact you can win the mission without evacuating the Doctor by blowing up all the Nod stuff (including that island)

Huh. I just checked. There is an altternative Win trigger, but it's not an "All Destroyed". It's a "Destroyed" one with repeat status 1 (all targets need to be affected for it to trigger), linked to all obelisks on the map, and all the structures in the small Nod base.

So if you destroy all SAM sites, you get the helicopter. If you destroy everything else (minus the two hidden buildings), you simply win right away.

Too bad about the chinooks. That flare trigger was originally broken in the mission (as you can see in Christo's playthrough); I repaired it when I included them into the 1.06 patch.

When I first played it, somehow both Nod harvesters had started harvesting up north and I couldn't land there because the tiberium had grown all over the revealed spot :P

There's little point to beating that one though; the AI never builds or attacks :P

That is the most horribly un-tactical play of this mission you could possibly have done. You literally sent that entire huge army to its death just to kill some civilians O_o

You didn't even load your APCs before crossing that tiberium! :dry:

That is the most horribly un-tactical play of this mission you could possibly have done. You literally sent that entire huge army to its death just to kill some civilians O_o

You didn't even load your APCs before crossing that tiberium! :dry:

It did work, didn't it? :D Occasionally, I play a mission once or twice before I do the actual recorded playthrough, but I didn't bother here.

I remember doing that mission first time.

Best part was because I didn't know where the village was I ended up blowing up the GDI base first. And all the units.

(Yes I know it says the base is to the north but I was having a particularly dumb afternoon that day)

Come on, Nyerguds, lighten up a little bit. :)

Meh. I just think it's a bit useless to make a video showing how you completely waste an army with which you can wipe out the enemy base in that mission. :P

It's like making a video of the N64 GDI special ops #1 mission where you target your first airstrike in the shroud to take out the chem lab. Sure you win the mission, but it's not really worth watching.

Come on, Nyerguds, lighten up a little bit. :)

Meh. I just think it's a bit useless to make a video showing how you completely waste an army with which you can wipe out the enemy base in that mission. :P

It's like making a video of the N64 GDI special ops #1 mission where you target your first airstrike in the shroud to take out the chem lab. Sure you win the mission, but it's not really worth watching.

Or a video of the 20 tries previous to that trying to hit the lab and missing.

it's more fun when you task yourself to destroy the entire base instead.

Or a video of the 20 tries previous to that trying to hit the lab and missing.

it's more fun when you task yourself to destroy the entire base instead.

Well, I sort of did that, but it was an accident.  XD

Or a video where you don't beat the mission.... **cough cough** Nod 7ec **cough** Honestly, I felt a little trolled :( That's one of my favorite missions!