Cheating (using trainers/modified units) in multiplayer

GoldenGonaz

• 2 weeks later...

Are cnc really bothered about cheating? I don't think so.

This same guy [ir]Iran is still using cheats, they're not blocked and he still continues to play - at least block his username so he can't continue to build his rep which he loves so much.

In a FFA match just now (he is online now) he used some weird 'Rambo' looking infantry unit which doesn't get auto targeted by your own units, so can only be killed with difficulty by pressing 'Ctrl'. This mean sit cna walk right into your base and not get attacked by units or defence weapons.

The unit is fast and shoots infantry instantly just like a navy seal and blows up entire buildings in a single shot too with a sort of launcher gun.

He is happy to be reported, I tried taking a screenshot of the unit but unfortunately it came out grey. I did get a shot of his game room name...

cheat.jpg

There are weird things going on in mplayer.

ir-iran asked me what would be the PRICE of cheat program. :/

and

I saw a guy instantly earned 20k in toe. (Idk custom toe or not)

I saw a guy built a naval at far away from his base (in my f!!kin map)

I saw a guy that built army with no logical explanation. (in my f!!kin map)

So please, ban this cheat things.

Our capability to block cheats is limited. I guess we'll look into making namehiding / smurfing impossible, so you can manually ban known cheaters from your games.

We'll also look into banning the cheaters from CnCNet, assuming we get concrete proof of them cheating.

Your capability to block cheats is limited? You do know your number 1 bullet point before downloading this game is:

cheatpre.jpg

If it doesn't take too long can you - or anyone else - link me/us to any software that allows us to screenshot/video record the game. I would have had evidence of this guy but my screen record didn't capture the game just my desktop and print screen was blank.

Banning [ir]Iran is a no brainier you don't need proof from us, he is in this very topic admitting it.

cheatpre.jpg

At the time that was true. lol. oh look talk about forcing people to register and banning them. hey fool that was promised not to happen. better get yourselves together. quit changing the rules.

Our capability to block cheats is limited.

Sorry Rampa - this is not true, our capability to block is not limited, it's finding the cheats that have slipped through our net and blocking them outright that takes the time and resource.

For the majority, most cheats are blocked, there's just a few (as apparent to this [ir]iran guy) that we've missed it seems.

We have been patching in the background, are actively looking at next steps to stop these little hacks working.

At the time that was true. lol. oh look talk about forcing people to register and banning them. hey fool that was promised not to happen. better get yourselves together. quit changing the rules.

What is wrong with registering? I think that's a far better idea, we can create ranks and win/loss ratio and dc/quit stats for users then.

Registration should be an option at least - then users can grab their own username and make game rooms for registered users only, registered users could have rep based on the criteria above.

Im sometimes receiving "this player have a changed files, they could be cheating"  warning when host. So, if I kick the player when I see this warning, Is there still possibility to exposed to cheat?

and unreliatively:

For staff

Thanks for cncnet program guys. Its free and it constantly updates. It is a great thing :)

• 3 weeks later...

they couldnt ban you even if they wanted change change your ip host address by 1 or subnet if you need, cheating? they cant stop that either. were in the processes of hijacking the whole server fuck these fucks they just leech money and do nothing else, theyve alrdy tried to ban me several times and accuse me of hacking the servers there just a bunch of nobodies

they couldnt ban you even if they wanted change change your ip host address by 1 or subnet if you need

That's true for the most part. You can't ban anyone completely ever so there's usually no reason to even try. You ever wonder why we don't permanently ban you from the forums?

cheating? they cant stop that either.

Usually known cheats can be detected and prevented. When new cheats are created and admins get access to them we try to find a way to detect it and prevent the use. Players are always welcome to anonymously give us cheats they find.

fuck these fucks they just leech money and do nothing else

Because hosting all this is free?

theyve alrdy tried to ban me several times and accuse me of hacking the servers

Hacking the servers? Don't see anything hacked. *tumbleweed*

there just a bunch of nobodies

Nobodies are not allowed to create useful services for others for no cost? I'm sorry, I didn't know. We will return you the money immediately to fix this injustice.

they couldnt ban you even if they wanted change change your ip host address by 1 or subnet if you need

That's true for the most part. You can't ban anyone completely ever so there's usually no reason to even try. You ever wonder why we don't permanently ban you from the forums?

cheating? they cant stop that either.

Usually known cheats can be detected and prevented. When new cheats are created and admins get access to them we try to find a way to detect it and prevent the use. Players are always welcome to anonymously give us cheats they find.

fuck these fucks they just leech money and do nothing else

Because hosting all this is free?

theyve alrdy tried to ban me several times and accuse me of hacking the servers

Hacking the servers? Don't see anything hacked. *tumbleweed*

there just a bunch of nobodies

Nobodies are not allowed to create useful services for others for no cost? I'm sorry, I didn't know. We will return you the money immediately to fix this injustice.

get off ur high horse you stupid fuck, your full of shit cunt i have recordsing of u fucking script kiddies accusing me,  it cost about 100$ a month to rent a server a srever needed for irc and say 400 users? cunt yopu are FUCKING dreaaaaaming, the amount of moeny u fucking shit fucks make from the traffic off cncnet, tunnels irc and what not + adds out weights the cost of servers. now stop shti talking and actually listen to fucking people and what they want if ur hands are tied people are willing to help for free people who greatly know more then you. be patient ill show u how shit the sceurity is soon

get off ur high horse you stupid fuck, your full of shit cunt

Now now, don't be naughty.

i have recordsing of u fucking script kiddies accusing me,

We can do show and tell.

it cost about 100$ a month to rent a server a srever needed for irc and say 400 users? cunt yopu are FUCKING dreaaaaaming,

Who said $100? I didn't. For the record, you can run this on a crappy $5 VPS but the reliability is worth exactly that. In the beginning it was about being cheap, now it's about being reliable as we've grown to such scale we can't afford to be down anymore.

the amount of moeny u fucking shit fucks make from the traffic off cncnet, tunnels irc and what not + adds out weights the cost of servers.

You are quite right. No one has claimed the ratio is 1:1. Some people are more generous than others and some give what they can because of the economy. Every $1 adds up.

now stop shti talking and actually listen to fucking people and what they want

if ur hands are tied people are willing to help for free people who greatly know more then you.

And they do? No one in the staff is being paid for their work and people get in the staff by contributing to the project. Simple as that.

be patient ill show u how shit the sceurity is soon

If your "hacking" skills are as good as your English, I'm terrified.

get off ur high horse you stupid fuck, your full of shit cunt

Now now, don't be naughty.

i have recordsing of u fucking script kiddies accusing me,

We can do show and tell.

it cost about 100$ a month to rent a server a srever needed for irc and say 400 users? cunt yopu are FUCKING dreaaaaaming,

Who said $100? I didn't. For the record, you can run this on a crappy $5 VPS but the reliability is worth exactly that. In the beginning it was about being cheap, now it's about being reliable as we've grown to such scale we can't afford to be down anymore.

the amount of moeny u fucking shit fucks make from the traffic off cncnet, tunnels irc and what not + adds out weights the cost of servers.

You are quite right. No one has claimed the ratio is 1:1. Some people are more generous than others and some give what they can because of the economy. Every $1 adds up.

now stop shti talking and actually listen to fucking people and what they want

if ur hands are tied people are willing to help for free people who greatly know more then you.

And they do? No one in the staff is being paid for their work and people get in the staff by contributing to the project. Simple as that.

be patient ill show u how shit the sceurity is soon

If your "hacking" skills are as good as your English, I'm terrified.

your amazing champ.  keep living in the delusional world your in. we both know u all accused me heck i was the one who fucking told you ur being ddosed u stupid fuck why do you talk shit? the irc keeps the chat logs. you just eat and shit it dont you, you just said you make more then 1:1 ratio but no on profits from this? fuck cunt you are delusional as wigan

but my reputation> yours so when you achieve a name like me you can talk big script kiddie. your right i cant hack i cant spell either

fucking shit talking wannabes

your amazing champ. keep living in the delusional world your in.

But it has unicorns and rainbows and I like them.

we both know u all accused me heck i was the one who fucking told you ur being ddosed u stupid fuck why do you talk shit?

DDoS is equivalent of dumping a truck full of sand over someones sand castle. You still don't get in the castle, you know?

the irc keeps the chat logs.

I don't keep logs so you should pull them off somewhere if you want to accuse me of something.

you just eat and shit it dont you,

Well, yeah?

you just said you make more then 1:1 ratio but no on profits from this? fuck cunt you are delusional as wigan

Yes? I said no one in the staff is paid for their work which means they don't expect to get paid to do something. The fact that people do get some money sometimes from the surplus is a sign of appreciation when we can afford it without compromising the service stability and continuation. I'm also personally ready to support CnCNet from my own pocket if it comes to that but the donators have shown that they can handle it so we can focus on the service itself and not worry about money.

but my reputation> yours so when you achieve a name like me you can talk big script kiddie.

That's not surprising at all, people usually go in the lobby "who the fuck is this hifi guy and why he has a hammer besides his name?". That means I have no reputation whatsoever and you're absolutely correct on that.

your right i cant hack i cant spell either

Now something we can agree on.

fucking shit talking wannabes

That would be you, though.

Wait, you think cncnet makes money off traffic? Um. How? There are no ads anywhere on the site or client. Just having users around doesn't magically give us money you know. The whole system runs purely on donations.