Let's Play Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn Redux

TaxOwlbear

I just completed the mission in about 1:30 hours. I couldn't actually finish it, because I was unable to kill everything on the map. I thought I had overlooked a stealth unit, but I scanned the entire map with Orcas (with scanners) several times and couldn't find anything.

Notes:

1. The beginning is though but manageable. It's definitely the hardest part of the mission.

2. I took over the Nod landing fields in the eastern base, which did allow me to build Stealth Fighters, despite not having a Temple. However, I could not built the Chopper Transport, despite having an Airfield.

3. I destroyed three fighters before I took over the landing field, but the fourth one stayed on my field, remained under Nod control and continued to attack me!

posted image

Edited by TaxOwlbear

Hmm thats quite a bizarre bug, I will have to look at it further and see what's going on. Oh yeah, did the AI try to do engineer rushes too? Did you have a Hand Of Nod? The chopper requires that.

EDIT: I think I found the issue for why the mission did not complete. The MAPS.tdr file will be updated in the morning with the changes.

Edited by sgtmyers88

It took me longer than the final Nod mission, but that was probably because the Nod nuke can essentially dismantle one of the two GDI bases by itself. The initial segment was also more intense, but the reward was rampaging over the map with Mammoth Tanks, which is always fun. :)

Overall, I think this is the better mission. However, it also the one that's easier to replicate, since the Generals AI hates rivers it can't cross, and the sequence with the Chinook can't really be replicated.

Good to know, I look forward to seeing it. :) Oh and here is a screenshot from me test playing it. (no shroud enabled) I had envisioned this screenshot for nearly 10 years so its great to have finally done it. This will be a great promo shot if not THE promo shot for the Mod.

Also something I have been meaning to ask, I have not got the details nailed down yet but I am interested in possibly using small bits of your gameplay footage you have provided over the past couple years for a new short promo trailer for the upcoming release. I can credit you if you allow it. sshot067.jpg

Edited by sgtmyers88

Oh yeah, I discovered this old interview I did for CNC-SAGA back in the day (which I had forgotten about and didn't realize it was published) from when the Mod was still fairly new. Not sure how well my material translated as I do indeed remember writing all that. lol It is mostly in German but I like how they put it together on the site. You might find it interesting. It provides a nice little back story to how this came to be.

http://www.cncsaga.de/1450-interview-mit-tiberian-dawn-redux.htm

I might also go ahead and put together a couple more SPEC-OPS Campaign missions as people were already asking on ModDB about expanding that campaign and 3 missions does feel a bit incomplete. I did set the Mod for a final release in the fall so I got time since I finished the main campaigns ahead of schedule.

Edited by sgtmyers88

Feel free to use whatever footage you need. I can also provide with the original rendered videos, but those are probably a bit large. Ripping footage from Youtube is probably faster. :)

Also, congrats to you for finishing the mod! Mostly, that is.

Thank you! Again from here on out any updates will be bug fixes to the existing missions or adding missions to the SPEC-OPS campaign which only has the 3 missions you already saw. The new ones will either consist of either the console exclusive missions or the Covert Ops missions or even the alternate maps from the original campaigns including the dreaded Mammoth Tank or Orca Mission if I wanna torture myself enough. haha (some of the alternate missions from the original game I absolutely hated, including those two which were omitted intentionally due to that)

Or maybe even something different altogether. Just depends on the level of interest after the final "official" release, as I finally perfected a system that helped me greatly speed up production designing and scripting these complex mission maps.

Edited by sgtmyers88

Just finished watching it. Excellent video! I will have to say the video edits make the presentation of the finale much more clean. As for the playthrough itself, I will be addressing the AI bugs and the framerate drops for sure. Hopefully it will be less choppy in the final build.

Edited by sgtmyers88

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, sgtmyers88 said:

Not sure if you are interested in testing but I did some revisions to GDISPECOPS01, Nod 11, and Nod 12. Updated files are in the Dropbox.

I tested GDI SPEC OPS 1 and I can't build Adv Com Center because the promotion only goes to Level 4. 

1 hour ago, sgtmyers88 said:

La actualización funcionó para mí, al parecer los archivos .tdr no se subieron a la última versión. Dale otra oportunidad.

Thank you very much my sergeant :D

¿When will you release the new patch?

Edited by Parritron

I will have to say the AI updates and tech tree adjustments to GDI SPECOPS 1 work out real well. The Nod AI is quite a troll too, has forces guarding near the tiberium fields to ambush your harvesters and when I tried to capture the "unguarded" Silos and Harvesters out in the open near the lab they sent a couple choppers and some stealth tanks to ambush me. Took a little over an hour to complete the mission.

• 2 weeks later...