Let's Play Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn Redux

TaxOwlbear

Just finished watching it. Turned out fantastic, and seemed fitting for it being the final stand for GDI. lol Loved seeing the AI trolling you. I created a monster for sure. How long did that mission take to finish? Noticed you cut and skipped though video segments a few times. I also noticed the framerate appears to be much improved minus a few issues at the beginning when the map was filled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey sorry yeah I am still here, been slowly getting stuff together as real life has kinda gotten to me again. The final 3 GDI missions are laid out terrain wise, I just gotta script them and insert the details with the bases and terrain environments. At the minimum GDI 13 will be arriving sometime later this summer I can assure you. I also redone some scripting work with the existing missions based on your feedback and from watching some of the playthrough videos online.

Edited by sgtmyers88
  • Upvote 1

I will say it will have implemented some of the updated AI scripting used in the final Nod mission. Plus a few surprises that make it slightly different from the original and somewhat more challenging IF I can get all the bugs worked out. You might have to do a couple test runs like you did before on the aforementioned mission. As this project is nearing its end, after working on Generals for over a decade, I will never miss having to limit myself with developing mission maps to conform to the poorly designed AI scripting system and that laggy AI pathfinding which can make the mission unplayable, which is the main reason why I have not released this yet.

Edited by sgtmyers88

Well surprise! I think I got GDI 13 done finally. AI lag still occurs but its only for a couple seconds. It puts up a good fight to harass and keep you from amassing aircraft or your Adv. Comm Center.

Files contain all the updated campaign mission maps and an updated INI.tdr file. It is extremely important that any loose .ini files are deleted and your mod is updated with the new INI.tdr file or unexpected things may happen. Copy and paste the extracted files to your game directory. Again You might have to do a test playthrough before you make the official record. The mission briefing cutscenes for the new mission should work if you downloaded the cutscene package from the ModDB page. http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux/addons/tiberian-dawn-redux-full-campaign-cutscenes

00_CCTDRDXINI.zip

Edited by sgtmyers88

I just finished the mission. It took me about 30 minutes, which includes knocking down the two Nod bases. Nod makes a pretty good effort, especially with air strikes and Engineers trying to capture tanks. Slowdown wasn't too bad and pretty much on the expect level for SAGE.

Good deal! You didn't get to use the Ion Cannon? I built my Adv. Comm Center and finished it in 15 without attacking the bases. General Sheppard is disappointed. Lol

Oh and did you still get spammed by Raptors and Apaches? Part of the hotfix is I had to cut down on those attacks as they kept blowing up my Harvesters. Also engineers shouldn't be able to capture tanks or any armed vehicles now. Just Harvesters and MCV's.

Edited by sgtmyers88