Let's Play Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn Redux

TaxOwlbear

• 1 month later...

Its been a struggle for myself too, unfortunately which is why I haven't bothered with working on finishing the other missions due to this persistent issue. Same with big skirmish matches. But I have managed to cut down on the issues the last time I played them so maybe it will be playable for you in the next patch.

In regards to skirmish matches, I have noticed after taking a hiatus from playing and testing the Mod that 1v1 games are the most enjoyable with little to no loss of frame rate on all difficulty settings. I would dare to say the gameplay was very fluid and was on par with C&C 3. I screwed around against a Nod Medium AI and got massacred about 10 minutes in.

Give it a try if you haven't done so.

• 1 month later...

Both Turned out great! Oh and btw GDI09 has been tested and works well and GDI10 is completed and scripted. (the intro to the Orca)

Just 5 more missions for the GDI campaign to be complete. I might churn out one more mission for GDI and finish up NOD09 in time for the next patch.

sshot039.jpg.ef85a66e1959e1027a523482f4c9916d.jpg

sshot040.jpg.b6bdf11d66f16ec8753098c41b4fdc45.jpg

Here ya go! Make sure to extract the folder and copy all the contained files and folders to the root ZH data folder to make it work.

EDIT: Tried porting a save file on another computer but it didn't work. Gives an error message upon loading. However you should be able to access the new missions after both GDI08 and NOD08 autosaves generated from your load saved game menu.

Just finished Nod 9. No issues except three things: GDI sold its Orca Helipads at one point. They were short on money by then, but I never saw them sell anything else before. Also, the GDI Constriction Yard in the northeastern corner wasn't hostile for some reason. When I moved over it while having units selected, I just got the selection cursor, not the attack cursor. I could destroy it with force fire, though. And I guess the gunboat is missing on purpose?

Good catch. I will have to look at those issues, while minor. The Gunboat is out there and was supposed to eventually attack. I actually never played through the entire mission yet since you have been patiently waiting for these past few days. Lol Congrats on being the first.

As for the selling I am experimenting with new AI tactics, yes. Oh and did the videos work ok?

On a side note I wonder what happened to the other beta testers. lol I have noticed there have only been 3-4 posters here for the Mod in the past few months. I figured there would be more interest from them with testing out the new missions.

Oh and here is the revised data.

Just finished GDI 9 and 10.

In GDI 9, there's only two gunboats coming when the beach guns have been destroyed, and both are visible before on the very far eastern side of the map. They also move to the western side of the map and then stay there until they are destroyed. Is that WAD?

In GDI 10, I didn't have any issues. The only thing I noticed is that the Obelisk of Light has a blue health bar and is out of power (?) at the start of the mission (see here). Oddly enough, it's not black, like non-powered buildings usually are - that only happens when you destroy a couple of Nod power plants.

I also recommend to increase Nod's attack frequency in that mission. The Orcas make it relatively easy otherwise.