As Soviets, How Do You Defeat a Few Battle Fortresses?

Relentless-Chaos

I really hate this part of the game. It seems like it's GG if a game lasts too long as Soviets and your opponents gets a few BFs. In the end, this is unavoidable if you're playing on long lasting big maps like FFA on Sedona Pass, etc. I need to start playing allies since they simply have the best tech overall for these type of games.

Or I'm thinking about playing Ra2 mode only from now on since YR is soo broken with Yuri and BFs etc.

You are so wrong. Ra2 is pretty renowned for being unbalanced, where sov > allies. Just ask the majority of top pros. YR makes allied vs sov match ups more balanced than ra2, though obviously maps can play a part. I don't think that is even up for debate. Where YR fails is making yuri overpowered.

To answer the OP's question. BF's can be quite easily defeated using good tank control by 4/5 rhino tanks, which are faster. A Group of BF's will obviously require more tanks. When chasing a BF never click it, always click past it and the rhinos will catch up and shoot at it quicker. Also try splitting tanks into two groups and obviously try not to let the BF have the high ground.

If you are playing campier maps this will obviously be harder, which is where superweapons come in. IC tanks/IC drones>BF's.

You are so wrong. Ra2 is pretty renowned for being unbalanced, where sov > allies. Just ask the majority of top pros. YR makes allied vs sov match ups more balanced than ra2, though obviously maps can play a part. I don't think that is even up for debate. Where YR fails is making yuri overpowered.

To answer the OP's question. BF's can be quite easily defeated using good tank control by 4/5 rhino tanks, which are faster. A Group of BF's will obviously require more tanks. When chasing a BF never click it, always click past it and the rhinos will catch up and shoot at it quicker. Also try splitting tanks into two groups and obviously try not to let the BF have the high ground.

If you are playing campier maps this will obviously be harder, which is where superweapons come in. IC tanks/IC drones>BF's.

+1

Best way to kill a bf is to split and trap it between 2 sets of rhino's where possible. Also a sentry gun renders a ggi bf pretty much useless when defending.

You are so wrong. Ra2 is pretty renowned for being unbalanced, where sov > allies. Just ask the majority of top pros.

I am a "top pro" and I say that Allied > Soviet on RA2.

That's assuming that you have two equally skilled players. Of course a "top pro" Soviet player will always defeat a "noob" Allied player on RA2, but when it's two "top pro" players versing each other, then the Allied player has the edge.

And again, you're forgetting about the price. What does a Battle Fortress cost, $ 2000? I can tell you that 5 Rhinos cost a whooping $ 4500.

You are so wrong. Ra2 is pretty renowned for being unbalanced, where sov > allies. Just ask the majority of top pros.

That's assuming that you have two equally skilled players. Of course a "top pro" Soviet player will always defeat a "noob" Allied player on RA2, but when it's two "top pro" players versing each other, then the Allied player has the edge.

And again, you're forgetting about the price. What does a Battle Fortress cost, $ 2000? I can tell you that 5 Rhinos cost a whooping $ 4500.

So you're going to pit an empty fort against 5 rhinos? gg ez no re

A full bf is 4000 if it's ggs. Usually people go with a seal or a chrono as the last slot, which would put it at 4600 and 5100 respectively. Five rhinos will beat a single bf with good control.

The chrono bf might win, it could go either way in regards to that particular setup.

I disagree with this completely it depends on the map. Ive competed at the top of ra2 aswell and 9/10 times its a soviet player at the top, Sov's are easier to play, that's why its generally sov player's who sit at the top of the Ra2 ladder. Also this is YR we are talking about not ra2. Your pricing is also pretty inaccurate as to fill a bf (4 ggi and seal ussually) is another £2600+2k bf - 4.6 k ;)

I disagree, but lets not debate that here as its not what the guy is asking about.

I'm assuming the BF is filled with ggi or 4 ggi and 1 seal. As other people have said, this is a fairly even match up vs 5 rhinos and is similar cost (if you incorporate industrial plant i think 5 rhino is a fair bit cheaper)