No Rush Timer (4pl)

nariac

As the name suggests, this is a map with a no-rush timer! The only way I can convey that to players is with the hugely unsubtle name. Otherwise, players might think they're supposed to break out. They aren't!

Each player begins sealed into their start location by an impressive array of hostile defences. After 150 game time units, all the defences will explode, and the brutal slaughter will be unleashed.

Note: I tried changing the colour scheme of the Special house to Dark Grey, but while that works in my single player missions, in multiplayer maps it seems to revert back to GDI gold. Sadface.

scm101ea.BIN

scm101ea.INI

No_Rush_Timer_v.2.jpg.7ec5731dfd207dc6f15a3baa752e3c79.jpg

interesting idea... did the flares not work?

Which flares? :P

I just wanted a way to explode all of Special house after a timer, so I used a Neutral airstrike, and since the Special MHQ is always the northern-most unit, it guarantees FREEEEEEEEDOM for all the human players. :D

whoops, sorry.  For some reason I thought you had started this topic in regards to MP flares.  Then I saw this and thought the flares might've signaled when the truce would be over.  Just me being absent-minded.  :)

Oh yeah, I feel your pain for not being able to change color schemes in MP :(

So what if a player manages to rushes to the MHQ? A good workaround for that is to reinforce both the MHQ and its death squad only at the time the defenses should go down.

I assume it's an A-10 strike here... meaning you can just make a celltrigger at the location the MHQ ends up.

So what if a player manages to rushes to the MHQ? A good workaround for that is to reinforce both the MHQ and its death squad only at the time the defenses should go down.

I assume it's an A-10 strike here... meaning you can just make a celltrigger at the location the MHQ ends up.

Oooh... that just made me think of some evil, low-down shit I could pull on this map with a chinook.

Yeah, you could indeed just quickly make a chinook, get an engi into the AdvPPs in the middle and then have free rain over the centre. In fact, if you took a couple, the defences might go down... then just kill the defences outside your own base, and they all go online again. Good chance your opponent wouldn't even know.

Dirty :P

Get all the resources in the middle and when the air strike happens, just push in... or simply contain them in their base and get WAY ahead.

Good ideas, everyone. :D

So I made changes: There's significantly more defence - many more SAM sites, and a lot of guard towers around the central power plants. The MHQ is also more heavily defended.

Bear in mind that 150 game time units isn't that long, all things considered. While it might be possible for a player who really REALLY wants to break out and steal a power plant to do so, he'll have devoted his 150 time units to being a guy who stole a power plant, while the other three players will have spent their time building an army to crush faces.

It all depends on what kind of guy you want to be. :D

You don't need to defend the MHQ. Just reinforce it from the top edge of the map at the moment the timer passes, and pave that entire little place with celltriggers that cause the airstrike that takes it out. Clean and simple. For the record, in the 1.06c r2 patch, any waypoints above 11 will not be used as potential start locations, so they can be used for scripting like that reinforcing.

I know I did tests with house dependency of triggers, and I concluded from that that "player enters" celltriggers can only be triggered by the house set in the trigger, so players can't even sabotage that by triggering the celltriggers first. (and all that would do is remove the kill mechanism and leave them stuck with the defenses)