Mod Management Utility for Generals and/or Zero Hour

mjsummers

Hi all....

As the title is suggesting, I am looking for a utility that will allow me perform the following:

1) Install Mods w/o having to uninstall other mods

2) Select a specific mod to play prior to launching the game

I have tried the Zero Hour Mod Manager by Kevin McKelvin (don't remember which site I downloaded it from). Unfortunately I was unable to figure out how to get the mods to appear in the first place. I think the utility is a way to package the mods first and foremost.

1) Install Mods w/o having to uninstall other mods

If the mods you're playing are consisted of one .big file that goes into the ZH folder in Documents, then you can do that without uninstalling anyway.

If you're playing elaborately composed mods like Shockwave, Rise of the Reds or similar, you're asking for much.

The way modding works in the C&C games is generally by overriding the whole files in which the original game is configured, meaning a mod technically overrides the whole game (but usually only changes parts of these files). This means that from the moment internal stats are changed, and not just external assets (like sound/graphics), you can never combine multiple mods.

If you just mean mods that install themselves on launch and remove themselves afterwards... that generally needs to be a feature of the mod itself. Mods can usually be installed in different ways, so the mod is generally the only thing that knows exactly how it's installed.