??? 2.52???

-AuF- AuFRuLeR

I already lose hope and just wait for @Rampastring to finish the new client, since this one isn't getting fixed.

I appreciate the window size fix though, but rest is still broken, or more broken. Something simple like start position 8 is still broken and a user can't pick it (only host can), recon errors on new maps, the room disappearing like you said, etc...

The game itself is ok, just the client is being a big bugger.

EDIT: This is the room disappearing stuff

c1ff9e53232e17aaaa68e1f47ca9fa80.png

It happens randomly and since like 2.52

May as well make a second post with more bugs...

Many times rooms are 'stuck' and never disappear from the listing. Attempting to join it creates following:

efaa422a9a396d715e6dc639094cb40b.png

Doing that too much nuke you from cncnet:

6a2960dad72e71f6eb618241fc39587e.png

Yesterday there was an other room stuck and always when you join it it would say 'the game room host left'

Again this happens since 2.52 afaik.

yea im also hearing rampa working on new client

Rampa working on new client has been officially confirmed!  :)

I hope he pulls it through. But honestly, often times it's better just fix the issue instead of remaking the whole thing. Although I can see where this is coming from.

I hope he pulls it through. But honestly, often times it's better just fix the issue instead of remaking the whole thing. Although I can see where this is coming from.

He already re-coded it for TS, RA1 or whatever, so basically he's now just adding support on his new client for YR. So in that case its better to add support to the new client instead of trying fix the mess what the current client is.

He already re-coded it for TS, RA1 or whatever DTA

Fixed :P

...so basically he's now just adding support on his new client for YR. So in that case its better to add support to the new client instead of trying fix the mess what the current client is.

The new client isn't entirely ready yet, but like 95%. It's been capable of launching online games for 1½ months now and is currently under heavy testing by both me and the staffs of the 3 biggest TS and YR mods, while I'm finishing the last WIP features. The client will be released with DTA's new version in about a month. If / when a YR version arrives depends not only on me, but also on Grant.

Btw, the client already supports YR. The new client could be applied to the CnCNet YR package in less than a day's work, so if Grant or someone else gets interested enough, the new client can be adopted quickly without any lengthy advance preparations.

Not sure whats going on since 2.52 but gameplay is very erratic and choppy...sounds crackling...lag horrific...games appear and disappear constantly. cant join some games. just unplayable overall. lots of ppl complaining about it.

The updates will have no effect on the gameplay, that sounds like it could be your drivers, or try setting an alternative renderer. Test in skirmish.

Games appearing and disappearing I believe I have fixed in the next update.

Not being able to join some games, may be related to the above.

I already lose hope and just wait for @Rampastring to finish the new client, since this one isn't getting fixed.

I appreciate the window size fix though, but rest is still broken, or more broken. Something simple like start position 8 is still broken and a user can't pick it (only host can), recon errors on new maps, the room disappearing like you said, etc...

The game itself is ok, just the client is being a big bugger.

EDIT: This is the room disappearing stuff

c1ff9e53232e17aaaa68e1f47ca9fa80.png

It happens randomly and since like 2.52

You know it helps if you can report these issues either to me in a PM in the lobby or here. It's the first I've heard of spot 8 not being able to be selected. ;)

Recons were fixed already weren't they?

May as well make a second post with more bugs...

Many times rooms are 'stuck' and never disappear from the listing. Attempting to join it creates following:

efaa422a9a396d715e6dc639094cb40b.png

Doing that too much nuke you from cncnet:

6a2960dad72e71f6eb618241fc39587e.png

Yesterday there was an other room stuck and always when you join it it would say 'the game room host left'

Again this happens since 2.52 afaik.

You appear to be banned from that game by the host which is why its stuck so you can't join it.  Attempting to join the game over even though you are banned is probably why you got kicked from the server.

Edit: OR you were spamming the chat inside the game room and got kicked.